Studio Fix Fluid & Studio Fix Powder Plus

Sass

1. Studio Fix Fluid & Studio Fix Powder Plus...same difference, right?? One is just a liquid and the other is a powder...I saw a YT video where someone used the powder to set the liquid. Is that a good way to set foundation? A foundation with another foundation? I'm sort of confused about this.

2. Is there a color difference between the two foundations? I am a NW45 in the liquid...would I be the same for the powder or do I go lighter?

I want to order from the website. Or maybe I shouldn't when it comes to foundation until I'm really sure? I can just send it back...

3. Do you match your foundation to your face or to the rest of your body? I was watching Eve Pearl and she said it should match with your body...doy but I didn't know that. I walk around with a darker face...help.

User38

With all due respect to Eve Pearl, foundation should match your neck, imo. --My body is about two shades darker than my face due to minimum sun exposure while driving, gardening, walking etc. So, in order to look more normal I match my face to my neck and sometimes use bronzer to slightly deepen.

As regards the SF, the color of both the powder and liquid are the same although I have found the powder to be slightly lighter. If you use the powder as a foundation, get a shade slightly darker. If you are going to use the powder over the foundation, it will be fine -- many people do this and it only sets the foundation and mattifies it. There is no reason to be limited by products.. use them as you wish and as best fits your needs.

If you can try the foundations and powder that might be the best way to decide your shade
smiles.gif
Good luck!

erine1881

always, always match your foundation to your face. always! if your face is light than your body, use bronzer to even it out.

SF is a straight up matte finish, where SFF is a natural matte. it looks more natural than SF. SFF also tends to run a bit darker than other foundations, even SF, so you should definately get matched in person to avoid getting the wrong colour and having it chucked out when you return it. i'm a fan of SFF (i use it in my kit for everyone), tho i don't use it myself. i find it covers great and looks great.

if you use SF to set SFF, that's a whole lot of foundation, which can look a bit thick. if you want to set SFF, use select sheer or MSFN.

elektra513

I agree with Erine. If your face is lighter, totally use bronzer. But foundation should match the face, period.

Just based on the fact that SF is a pressed powder product, it is going to be lighter. SFF is a great product (I wished it matched my skin tone...
ssad.gif
)

Kaycee37

Foundation should match your neck!!! That way you don't have to extend the foundation any further than your jaw line and everything matches up!
If your foundation is the right color and matches your neck...what do you need bronzer for? You don't!!
Hope this helps!
choochoo.gif

GlamQueen21

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
always, always match your foundation to your face. always! if your face is light than your body, use bronzer to even it out.

SF is a straight up matte finish, where SFF is a natural matte. it looks more natural than SF. SFF also tends to run a bit darker than other foundations, even SF, so you should definately get matched in person to avoid getting the wrong colour and having it chucked out when you return it. i'm a fan of SFF (i use it in my kit for everyone), tho i don't use it myself. i find it covers great and looks great.

if you use SF to set SFF, that's a whole lot of foundation, which can look a bit thick. if you want to set SFF, use select sheer or MSFN.

Thanks Erin! This is so helpful. I need to go get colormatched again since I'm afraid that I might get the wrong shade in SFF's foundation.