Studio Fix Liquid + Loose Blot Powder

legaleagle

Just got

mine today. NC15 is a perfect match for me. I had been test-driving it, and went to my counter during lunch to get it.

It controls my oilies really well.

FYI, I use Moistureblend concealor, sunscreen, Prep & Prime Skin, and then apply Studio Fix Liquid with a foundation brush.

I like it better than my Chanel DPF compact foundation.

spendtoomuch

studio fix fluid foundaton.

I am so disappointed. This gives a nice flawless finish, but it is irritating my skin. It feels tight and dry and I get itchy around my nose and close to my eye. Something in it must be drying or I am allergic to something in it. Has anyone else had a similar reaction?

makeup_junkie

Wow. Seriously. This is the best liquid foundation ever. EVER. I'm absolutely in love with this. I've *finally* found a good foundation.

nicemeka

I had brought the Studio Fix Liquid Foundation this weekend and I have combination skin. It felt really light and I didn't have to deal with any oily skin except for my nose but the blot powder took care of that. After a while later during the day my face started to look orange. I didn't wear it anymore, but I'm going to try it again. If not and see, but if not I'm just going to have to stick with my Studio Tec NW45.

luminious

Studio Fix Fluid is my first MAC foundation and I love it. I got the 190 brush also and that applies it nicely, but I notice the brush needs to be cleaned a lot. I been using the regular blot powder for awhile now and got the loose just to try. I only use it when I first apply my make-up. For touch ups I use the compact.

Jennifer Mcfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude
I just came home with a Studio Fix Liquid in NW25 and Loose Blot Powder in Medium Dark and a new 187. This is hands down, the nicest liquid foundation that I have ever tried. It gives me such a smooth makeup type and it blends seamlessly for me. I am going to wear it for a week and see how it goes with the oilies and makeup seperation. That is the biggest issue that I have with mineral makeup. By 3:00 my forehead is an oil slick and the powder starts to break up.

Pure Luxe is the best mineral makeup that I have ever tried, especially in dealing with the oil issue but I still get some slickies :/

Let's see how the Studio Fix Liquid works out.

Hey Jude, How is this working for you now? It's been a couple weeks...any news??
Thanks!!!
smiles.gif

Eemaan

im an NC42- with the studio fix, im a NC37
th_confused_new.gif

I have dry skin, do i still need loose or blot powder to 'set' the make up and make it last longer?

Life In Return

I wear an NC45 in Studio Fix Fluid, NC500 in Hyper Real, and the NC45 in the SPF was a little light for me LOL. I wish their colors were all the same. But I DO like the SFF a LOT!!!

Padmita

I love SFF too, one of the best foundations I've tried IMO. I also have the Loose Blot powder, but I'm not too crazy about it - like so many powders, it goes slightly orange on me and it doesn't keep my skin blotted much longer than any other powder. I think I'll stick with PL You Glow Girl, I can pile that one on my face and it still doesn't go a weird color. But the SFF is definitely a keeper!

luminious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosopher
im an NC42- with the studio fix, im a NC37
th_confused_new.gif

I have dry skin, do i still need loose or blot powder to 'set' the make up and make it last longer?

i dont think so. blot powder is for oily skin. i would just moisturize before u use the foundation.

bellaetoile

Quote:
Originally Posted by luminious
i dont think so. blot powder is for oily skin. i would just moisturize before u use the foundation.

not necessarily. i have dry skin, and my favorite, trusted MA told me to get the loose blot powder, because it slightly darkens my foundation shade, since i'm between the nc37 and the nc40 in studio fix fluid. whe i put the blot powder over the foundation, it doesn't hurt my dry skin at all, and evens out my skin tone and gives me a PERFECT complexion. the blot powder works okay on dry skin, so long as you moisturize and have foundation on as well. plus, i put my blot powder on with a brush dampened with fix+. i think the blot powder really sets and finishes studio fix fluid, and i would def. recommend at least trying it in the store, no matter your skin type.

BabyFu18

I'm dissapointed in the studio fix liquid, I went to the store and all the shades are way to dark on me, nc15 was the closest match and it was way to yellow (it looked worse outside in natural light). If I could find a shade that would match my extremely pale skin maybe it'd be better.

2_pink

I think i already commented about this in another thread, but oh well.

Anyways.

I love love love looooove this foundation, perfect match, not cakey, my kind of coverage and it doesnt feel like i have stuff on my face.

Now everyone is making me want Loose Blot Powder. Ive been trying to set this with other powders but it takes away the nice finish SFF leaves, and looks all powdery. I suppose i could just try it.

Oh, and i got my friend into it as well, she reeeaaallllyyyy wants to try it. She's the one who calls me crazy for loving all this stuff. =)

pugmommy7

I finally broke down and bought my first sff after succumbing to the fact that my beloved bare minerals will not work in the summer sweat/humidity
ssad.gif
OMG It sure is worth the hype. No breakouts,gorgeous buildable coverage and great lasting power. i am hooked.
I have heard this product has a color shift. does that mean it darkens as it wears throughout the day?
My mua accidentally gave me my reg shade(nw20) instead of what i asked for which was nw25,for summer/sun etc.
But if it darkens, I think I will be ok.
Now I am going to get the blot powder for touch ups.

misspresh

Quick question,

Is the Loose Blot Powder LE? Or permanent?

Thanks
smiles.gif
I bought the studio fix liquid on Saturday and the MA used it in my makeover.. it lasted wonderfully all Saturday night.. I forgot to investigate the loose blot powder though.

Vicky88

Quote:
Originally Posted by misspresh
Quick question,

Is the Loose Blot Powder LE? Or permanent?

Thanks
smiles.gif
I bought the studio fix liquid on Saturday and the MA used it in my makeover.. it lasted wonderfully all Saturday night.. I forgot to investigate the loose blot powder though.

Permanent!

geeko

i really love studio fix fluid loads....as stated by others earlier, I too never wear liquid foundations or foundations as i find many of them too cakey looking. But studio fix fluid is great. it's very light on the skin, and i can blend it out even to give my skin a perfect matt finish that makes my face look natural and flawless without giving that cemented looked. i highly recommend this foundation.

but i don't wear this on a daily basis though, will wear this only when going shopping or for dinner. Other days, i will stick to my Select tint moisturiser.