Studio Fix & Moisture Blend Help

dreamerbabiiee*

I was wondering, can these two be used together? And if so, which one do I apply first? I love doing my eye make up, but when it comes to face I just do what i think is right. Now i want to know the CORRECT way. And what better place to get the answer to this but here!
th_DANCE.gif
TIA!

erine1881

that'd be ALOT of foundation! layering two different foundations can be a bit much. if your wanting full coverage and are a bit dry (which i assume is why you are using moistureblend), try a good moisturizer (moisturelush or studio moisture cream) and studio fix fluid. if you're more oily, use oil control lotion and either studio fix or studio fix fluid. either with give you the fuller coverage (without being too heavy), and as long as you use the right moisturizer, you'll be set.

dreamerbabiiee*

yea i do have dry skin. that's why studio fix would make me look weird so i switched to moitureblend. i was just wondering if i was doing that wrong so thanks for clearing that part up to me! and i will be going to MAC tomorrow so i will be SURE to check those items out. But which do i apply first then? Assuming i am going to use moistureblend and the other products you mentioned for dry skin.

clamster

Use the #187 for this that way you'll have a very light even coverage. A sponge would be way to heavy and the #190 might be a little heavy too.

erine1881

if you have slightly dry skin, try studio moisture cream moisturizer. if you have really dry skin, try moisturelush moisturizer. ask for a sample of both, that way you can try each one out for a week or so, before you settle on either one. if moisturelush is too much for your skin during the day, try using a light layer of it at night and use studio moisture cream during the day.

you only need one foundation. moistureblend is a sheer-medium coverage. if that kinda coverage is what you're looking for, go with that. if you want fuller coverage, go with studio fix fluid.

apply your moisturizer and let it set for about 5 minutes. then apply your foundation. use either #190 or #191 brush. if you want a sheerer application, use #187. you can set it with select sheer powder with #150 or #187 (i would recommend this if you go with moistureblend because it tends to look too shiny). again, #187 will give a softer application of the powder so it won't show your dry flakes as much.

Simply Elegant

Yeah I agree with everyone else. I think it would be too much but if you're set on it, then moistureblend first then studio fix, otherwise it would cake up and clump because of the powder underneath and it wouldn't be a good look.

I'd just use a rich moisturizer with moistureblend and a light dusting of loose powder. If it's not enough coverage, add some concealer before the powder where needed and that should still be light feeling.

dreamerbabiiee*

thanks everyone! I love specktra because i can get my answers here before i go to MAC and seem confused and dumg. =]. this helped me out so much! now i know what to look for and what to ask help on. again thanks to everyone who replied!

peruvianprinces

wow i tought i was the only one who tought about wearing moistureblend and studio fix fluid..
but do it lighhhhtlllyyyyy
what i do is moisturize really well make sure there is no flaky skin. apply moisture blend with 187 just to even my skincolor since im pale and use tanner on my body my face is still slightly lighter .. so moistureblend gives me that hint of color without covering much then using my 187 brush i use 3 dots of studiofix fluid... brush and blend where i need more coverage..
set with sheer powder
as weird as it sounds it looks more natural on me than wearing studio fix all over...
i dont know .. just my 2 cents...
tong.gif

hope i helped

oh btw.. i got confused you were originally talking about the studio fix powder and the moisture blend...
i think that if you dont have my skin-shade problem you should just wear 1 foundation
smiles.gif
my personal experience is that i am the same shade on studiofix powder and studio fix fluid
kisses