studio fix.

ThiicknSeskii

i bought my first mac item today and not happy with it, i got the studio fix liquid in nc15 studio finish concealer nw20 and studio fix powder nc20
should the conealer be darker then the rest of the make up? :confused:
i cant seem to make the foundation look nice on me i exfoliated cleansed moisturised and used strobe cream on my face before it the concealer didnt cover my under eye bags and the powder looked REALLY cakey and kinder set in my pores but im not so worried about that how can i get it not to look so cakey?
when the lady applied it on in mac..it looked just flawless
ssad.gif

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThiicknSeskii
when the lady applied it on in mac..it looked just flawless
ssad.gif

If that's the case then it's all about technique and tools. How are you applying the foundation? It sounds like you're applying too much. If you apply too much it's often still wet when you apply the powder which results in a very cakey look.

It's quite possible that the MA at the store/counter used the 187 brush which can get a really nice finish. A $3 brush from the local drugstore may not be able to achieve the same finish. Practice makes perfect too.

hyperRealGurl

Always remember with concealer's u never want to rub it on the areas u want to cover... just dab some concealer under ur eyes and pat the
concealer out.. u want to feather out the concealer if that makes sense.

with ur fndn i agree with "Caffn8me" when u have the proper tools you will be amazed on how smoothly ur fndn will go on.. just remeber a little goes a long way.. U never want to put to much fndn on ur face...
and same with what "Caffn8me" said ppl generally get a cakey look b/c they use to much product... its best to let ur fndn settle a little bit before using any type of powder... in some cases u dont even need powders... i usually dont use any type of setting powder it makes me feel like i have to much on my face...

ThiicknSeskii

iv been using a napoleon foundation brush. i tried putting it lightly on and didnt see any better results :confused: .
would the lady be able to help me use the foundation if i go into MAC and ask?

hyperRealGurl

Quote:
iv been using a napoleon foundation brush. i tried putting it lightly on and didnt see any better results :confused: .
my boyfriends buying me some MAC brushes on tuesday
hmm.gif

so ill see how it goes then..
would the lady be able to help me use the foundation if i go into MAC and ask?

most def... just ask one of the MAC artist.. and someone should help u...
just take ur fndn with u when u buy the brush and ask if they can show u how to use it

neotrad

I agree to what the other 2 kind ladies have said above.
smiles.gif

Quote:
i bought my first mac item today and not happy with it, i got the studio fix liquid in nc15 studio finish concealer nw20 and studio fix powder nc20
should the conealer be darker then the rest of the make up? :confused:

It of course depends on how you want to look though, Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation is supposed to give you a decent amount of coverage if you apply it with a soft face buffer brush. So if I were you, I would just use either a concealer or a colour corrector underneath Studio Fix Powder. and I would use a concealer that is lighter(or maybe the same shade) than the rest of the makeup(face) products. Unless you want to use it like...as a nose shadow or a shader right below your cheeks or the like. My favorite MAC artist(she always looks flawless!) told me she would recommend Select SPF 15(liquid foundation) with Studio Fix Powder if I wanted to look more natural because Studio Fix Liquid is a bit heavier/darker than Select SPF 15. I hope this is making a sense.
smiles.gif

But yes, definitely ask one of the MAC artists to make sure you're doing properly.
winks.gif

whitnie

ok this is just my opinion and please correct me if im wrong but studio fix fluid and studio fix powder are BOTH foundations, so i don't think you need to use one on top of the other, that could be the reason it comes out cakey. Good luck
thmbup.gif