studio fix....

gem_mac

hey guys... i have really sensitive skin, so it seems, I used the studio fix matte foundation and a few hours later my face started to burn up and when i took it off my face was a little red. I stopped using it cause I didnt want to keep using it if it was going to do that, and then I used the face/body foundation, and the same thing happened, just not as bad. Any reccomendations of what to use?? I havent tried either since then...what a waste of my purchase... grrr! I used to use just the tinted moisturizer and nothing happened, but I love the way the studio fix goes on!!! any thoughts on what I should use? back to the tinted moisturizer? cheers!

//edit: moved to recommendations - MOD
greengrin.gif

kissacid

I don't think using a primer will help. Please don't keep trying them out if you are having such bad reactions! Return them if you can. Since the Select Tint works well, but you like a powdered finish maybe try using a tinted loose powder or the Hyperreal pressed powder(which i love) over it?

MACattack

If you like the coverage of Studio Fix... why don't you look into Bare Essentials. As much as I love MAC, it's notorius for causing reactions on people. I freelance for my old dance team, and so many girls would have reactions. I question whether the Hyperreal liquid foundation would cause reactions on you...but, I say Back To MAC the foundations or return them, and explore BE...maybe even Prescriptives or NARS.

bluegrassbabe

That happened to me with hyper real, but not on my face. I use the top of my hand like a palette when I do my face. About 30 minutes after I applied it, that spot on my hand turned red and got really itchy. But fortunately, it never irritated my face.

Maybe you could go to the counter or MAC store and try applying different foundations to different areas on your face. That way you could know which ones bother you without having to shell out more $$$ to try them out. Good Luck

jasper17

I have issues with a lot of the MAC foundations, too, and I found that Bare Minerals and Aromaleigh, both powder mineral foundations though Aromaleigh is less shimmery, work really well. No reactions at all.

jasper17

Quote:
Originally Posted by gem_mac
is BE available in Canada or just the US? thanks for the help guys
smiles.gif

I looked at the BE website but I can't tell - here's the customer service # from the US site: 1-888-795-4747

Where in Canada are you? I know that Sephora in the US carries the BE; not sure if the Canadian locations do (looks like there are 2 in Toronto).

kblakes

My studio fix is doing the same thing. I wouldn't suggest BE as it gives me the same burning sensation. I can use Mac's Select Spf with blot powder or select sheer powder without any problems. I guess I will be returning my Studio Fix this week. Whoops, I just realized I dug up a really old thread.