Summer Make up

Nicala

Since summer is approaching soon, how is everyone going about their make up? Are you guys still going to wear full face make up or TMs? New routine?

I'm trying to consider if I should use a TM or buy a concealer and wear translucent powder since it gets 100 F+ in the summer where I live.

LMD84

i pretty much wear the same thing all year around. however i don't wear so many dark eye colours. i guess i have been reaching for my revlon photoready foundation more than my colourstay though because it's lighter coverage...

Nicala

Ooh how are summers in the UK? In California it gets very humid, so colorstay would be too much for my face, especially since I sweat a lot.
ssad.gif

jess126xo

I never wear foundation so that's not a problem but I will be doing more Goldie colors on the lid with less black and more brown. Def coral and pink lips a first for me lol( i love my nudes and deep reds) and a bronzey matte contour and a peachy blush. I did purchase MACs TM yesturday for special events.

Mabelle

i only wear my bare minerals in the summer.
it's got spf and feels super light.

My go to summer look is my BE, orgasm blush with redhead msf (if i feel like it), blonde's gold pig. (wet on the lid, very sheer for highlight), filled in brows and o gloss. + a bit of mascara
It's light and makes me look glowy. Only takes like 3 mins too.

Shadowy Lady

I make a few changes in warmer months. I live in Ottawa Canada where the winters are quite brutal yet the summers are hot and humid:

- I switch my foundation to a lighter coverage one. My go to summer staple is MUFE F&B.
- I always have bronzer on during the summer months, I just feel it fits in the summer. My fave is Nars Laguana
- I generally don't wear dark and matte lipsticks...mostly shimmering pinks, corals and nudes.
- I also switch my eye makeup and wear neutrals, ocean shades and anything warm toned (even though my general preference are cool shades)...I stay away from matte shades in the summer for some reason.
- I keep my blot powder in my purse in the summer, lol!

I have combination skin btw

Sojourner

Makeup is one of the reasons I detest summer! And in the UK we don't have a long summer usually a couple of weeks lol the peak temps are about 34 degrees Celsius but even that is too much for me, I feel like I'm melting and get all tantrum-y!

My usual makeup look is very dependent on strong brows, heavy eyeliner/mascara and these just fail in the heat for me. MAC Blot powder is my favourite thing in summer...mostly I just pray that it rains hehe
tong.gif

But maybe this post will inspire me to figure out a summer routine for once.

BTW, do you ladies wear sunscreen under your MU?

obscuria

The weather here doesn't really change all that much throughout the year, so I tend to keep it the same. Sometimes I just go without makeup though if it does get too hot.

kissmypinkstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
i pretty much wear the same thing all year around. however i don't wear so many dark eye colours. i guess i have been reaching for my revlon photoready foundation more than my colourstay though because it's lighter coverage...

Ditto this!

I don't tend to wear smoky eyes as much, i'd rather go for a pop of colour.

Foundation wise i too have been reaching for my photoready rather than colourstay because the coverage isn't quite as heavy.

anita22

I'm reaching a lot for my Diorskin Nude foundations at the moment. I have both the liquid and the powder - they're both really hydrating and lightweight, as well as long wearing, so I'm craving these much more than tinted moisturiser.

Simply Elegant

I use MUFE mat velvet still. My skin is pretty oily in the summer but since it's full coverage I barely need to use any so it doesn't feel heavy. Sometimes instead I'll use MUFE duo mat if I have less time. I always top with MUFE super matte loose powder in the summer though.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicala
Ooh how are summers in the UK? In California it gets very humid, so colorstay would be too much for my face, especially since I sweat a lot.
ssad.gif

oh well in the uk it never really gets that hot! so that's why i can wear the same stuff all year around!
smiles.gif
when i was in florida it was super hot and humid and i gave up on make up after a few days! ttally unbearble wearing foundation!!

FiestyFemme

I'll probably wear minerals or TM most of the summer, but I doubt the rest of my makeup will change. Maybe more bronzy/warm colors, but that's about it.

Since my skin has cleared up (thanks to Murad and Spironolactone(sp) I've been wearing Smashbox Sheer Focus TM with PF mineral Wear transluscent powder. My palette for eyes, cheeks, and lips has been Nudes/Corals/Bronzes.

rosegasm

i personally enjoy full coverage year round, but i get superrr oily in the summer. i would usually use colorstay, but at the end of the day i look like i have a mask on
ssad.gif

i found that using milk of magnesia as a primer (mattifying), then studio fix concealer where i need it the most, and a bit of buffing with a kabuki of MSFN, i get pretty decent coverage. if i use a setting spray (right now i'm enjoying the sephora radiance flash mist), my makeup stays matte a little bit better.

it might not be full coverage on everyone, but i have to sacrifice that to keep the oilies at bay.
ssad.gif

hope this helps!

xKiKix

for my eyes i have been using pinks or neutral colors rather than dark colors, and for my face makeup i pretty much have only been reaching for my concealer and applying translucent powder on top along with cream blush. then a creamy texture lipstick.

Honey&LemonGirl

When the weather gets really hot, I go as minimal with the makeup as I can get away with. SPF 30 all over, then concealer for my dark circles, waterproof mascara to define the eyes, gel blush, and SPF tinted lip balm.

The products in my lineup this summer:
- Neutrogena Sheer SPF 30
- MAC Select Moisturecover Concealer in NC20
- Diorshow Waterproof in Black
- Nars Multiple Tint in Beverly Hills
- Aveda Lip Tint SPF 15 in Berry

If I'm going out, I'd probably add a tinted moisturizer (Jouer Cosmetics Luminizing Moisture Tint in Golden), bronzer (Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel), budgeproof black eyeliner (Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper), and a touch of lipgloss. Nothing too crazy on the eyes, since it'll probably end up creasing with the heat.

Meimei91

I don't really like summer, and the heat melting off my makeup is just one of the reasons.

For me, summer makeup involves lots of SPF 30 first and foremost.
-Either a TM, minerals or just concealer and powder for my face, nothing fancy
-Waterproof mascara, right now I'm trying out Tarte Lights, Camera, Splashes
-Maybe a cheek stain, probably again Tarte
-some sort of light gloss on my lips

thiscarmen

If you get oily, definitely just stick to concealer + powder. It can get super hot, and sweat + foundation just is like ICK.

Waterproof mascara and eyeliner is a must! The higher amount of wax in these products help make them waterproof and smudgeproof as well.

I definitely stick to powder blushes, because cream blushes can get oily for sure.

I usually stick to gloss because I find lipstick too heavy for just having fun in the summer.

moonrevel

Pretty much the only change I make is to switch to a powder foundation. I don't personally love hot weather, so I try to keep my fully made up butt in the A/C to preserve the rest of my makeup.
smiles.gif
If I do know I can't avoid the heat, I try to stay away from darker shadows because when I sweat, liner and shadow tend to goop up in the inner corners of my eyes which is not awesome when you're wearing really dark shadows.