• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

Summer shimmery tutorial/nude lips and purple smoky eye (pic heavy!)

rabideloise

Okay, I've never done a tutorial before but this morning I skipped my summer school class so I decided to do something worthwhile...

Basically what this attempts to do is to show you how to mix budget products with higher end products to get good results. If you have a lot of pink or red in your skin, you're very pale and you have a few pesky pimples like I do, then this is the tutorial for you
smiles.gif

I really love the glowy, shimmery looks of summer and I also love purples right now so that's what this look is:
August%207%20065.jpg

What I used:
AUG7mu.JPG

FACE

• Tea Tree Oil Blemish Stick (I don't know what brand this is but I got it at ULTA)
  • Original Bombshell Daily Facial Moisturizer in Love at First Light
  • Rimmel Recover Concealer in Ivory
  • MAC Studio Tech Foundation in NC15
  • ULTA Bronzer Brick (no color name, I found it for $10 at the checkout, haha)
  • MAC Northern Lights MSF (Flashtronic)
  • Cover Girl Cheekers Blush in Natural Shimmer (01)
  • Jane Staying Powder in Sheer Shimmer (04)
EYES

• Urban Decay Primer Potion
  • MAC CCB in Hush
  • MAC shadestick in Beige-ing
  • FLIRT! eyeshadow in Lime Light (06)
  • MAC eyeshadow in Trax
  • MAC eyeshadow in Sketch
  • MAC eyeshadow in Beauty Marked
  • Milani eyeshadow in Storm
  • MAC pigment in Shimmertime (She Shines)
  • Bourjois lash primer
  • Almay Eyeliner in Raisin Quartz (this was part of the green eyes thing I think)
  • FLIRT! Thickening Mascara in Violet
  • Maybelline Great Lash Mascara in Blackest Black with curved brush
LIPS

• The Body Shop Born Lippy Shimmer Lip Balm in Satsuma
  • NYC lip pencil in 954-Natural
  • MAC lipstick in Blankety
  • MAC lipglass in Young Spark (Flashtronic)
  • Lancôme Lip gloss in Star Struck
TOOLS

• Sonia Kashuk Foundation brush
  • MAC 168 SE brush
  • MAC 187 SE brush
  • Bare Escentuals Kabuki brush
  • MAC 212 SE brush
  • MAC 219 SE brush
  • The Body Shop Eyeshadow Blender brush
  • Revlon eyelash curler
STEPS

1. Wash face
August%207%20013.jpg

Gross! I applied the Tea Tree oil stick to any blemishes so no new bacteria grows...

2. Apply Original Bombshell Daily moisturizer with SPF 30
August%207%20014.jpg

Still Gross!

3. Apply Rimmel Recover Concealer in Ivory
August%207%20015.jpg

Make sure to get the chin and cover the nasty pimples and redness. I always put a bit under my eyes because I always oversleep and look super tired.

4. Apply Studio Tech foundation in NC15 with Sonia Kashuk's foundation brush.
August%207%20016.jpg

I always dampen the brush with a little lukewarm water before applying foundation so it doesn't look caked on and blends better. I also stipple it on with the brush and make sure to blend really, really well, especially around any spots or discoloration.

5. Apply the ULTA bronzer using the MAC 168 brush while making a fish face.
August%207%20021.jpg

I blend really, really well so there's no harsh lines. I only apply bronzer when I do the fish face--and I only apply it to the sunken areas of my cheeks for definition and contouring.

6. Apply Cover Girl Cheekers blush in Natural Shimmer.
August%207%20022.jpg

I just swirled a bit on using the cheapie brush included with the blush. I smiled and then applied to the apples of my cheeks and blended outwards in a circular motion. I also applied a bit to my temples.

7. Apply MAC Northern Lights MSF using the MAC 187 brush.
August%207%20025.jpg

I LOVE this color! I blend outward with the brush and make sure to blend it into the bronzer.

8. Prepare for the eyeshadow! I apply Jane Staying Powder in Sheer Shimmer to the area under my eyes to catch any fallout, and then curl lashes with a lash curler.
August%207%20026.jpg

I also applied Bourjois's Lash primer, but if you don't use lash primer then you can skip that step.

9. Apply Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Primer Potion.
August%207%20027.jpg

I apply it using the wand from the bottle and rub it in if I can see any lines.

10. Apply the MAC CCB in Hush to your eyes using your fingers.
August%207%20028.jpg

11. Apply the Body Shop Shimmer lip balm in Satsuma to your lips.
August%207%20032.jpg

I use less than a pea-sized amount and apply it with my pinkie finger.

12. Apply MAC shadestick in Beige-ing to both eyelids.
August%207%20034.jpg

13. Apply FLIRT! eyeshadow in Lime Light to the ENTIRE eye, from lashline to brow bone.
August%207%20035.jpg

If you don't have this shadow you can use Vex from MAC
smiles.gif

13. Apply MAC's Trax eyeshadow to the outer corners of the eye and blend into the crease using the MAC 219 brush.
August%207%20036.jpg

I also filled in my brows with ULTA's brow pencil ( http://www.ulta.com/control/product?...nt=&quantity=1 ) in Brunette. This pencil rules, it has a wax end and a color end on one pencil with a brow brush on one of the caps.

14. Apply MAC's Sketch eyeshadow to the outer corners of the eyes with the 219 brush.
August%207%20037.jpg

I use a VERY light hand when applying these shadows because of their formulas...the 219 is great for applying a little bit of shadow because it shows you don't need a whole bunch of shadow to achieve a dramatic look.

15. Apply MAC pigment in Shimmertime to the brow bone and inner corners of the eyes using the Body Shop eyeshadow blending brush.
August%207%20038.jpg

I used very little pigment, but it goes a long way. I also used the Body Shop brush to blend in all the other shadows, especially along the crease.

16. Apply the Milani eyeshadow in Storm to the outer corners of your eyes using the MAC 219 brush.
August%207%20039.jpg

Make sure to use a light hand with this shadow because the fallout gets kinda crazy. Also, if you don't own the Milani shadow then you can always use MAC's Black Tied
smiles.gif
I blended it outward with the 219 for that "cats-eye" effect.

17. Apply MAC's Beauty Marked Eyeshadow to the lash and water lines using the MAC 212 brush.
August%207%20041.jpg

Again only use a little bit! I also layered the Almay eyeliner in Raisin Quartz over the Beauty Marked for subtle definition...

This is what you should have so far:
August%207%20042.jpg

(no I'm not angry, haha) Make sure to apply a loose dusting of sheer powder with a brush to set the face look and sweep away any eyeshadow fallout. I used Jane Staying Powder in Sheer Shimmer with the Bare Escentuals Kabuki brush all over my face and blended any harsh lines.

18. Apply the FLIRT! Mascara in Violet to your lower lashes.
August%207%20046.jpg

I always have a problem with putting mascara on my lower lashes, so it helps to keep the Revlon makeup eraser pen on hand to correct any mistakes, which I had to do here on my right eye!

This is what the color of the mascara looks like:
August%207%20045.jpg

(Time to clean the sink!) It looks more blue here but it's really much more of a vibrant purple shade.

19. Apply your favorite black mascara to the top lashes!

August%207%20049.jpg

This is what a close-up of the eye looks like:

August%207%20050.jpg

19. Apply MAC lipstick in Blankety to the lips, followed by a natural shade of lip liner (I used NYC #954).
August%207%20054.jpg

Oh noes, it's that cheapie old lady look...

20. Apply MAC Young Spark lipglass and make sure to blend the harsh lip liner away!
August%207%20055.jpg

Much better! Now I don't look like a streetwalker
smiles.gif

21. All done! Fix the hair and...
August%207%20064.jpg

dab a bit of the Lancome gloss in Star Struck to the center of your bottom lip and rub your lips together--all set
smiles.gif

Thanks for looking
smiles.gif

PBunnieP

I have the same rimmel concealer but I've always only used it for under eye circles, I never knew it works on blemishes too! I've got exactly the SAME complexion as you, pinkish (although I'm asian) with random spots. Thanks for an awesome TUT! :p

rabideloise

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBunnieP
I have the same rimmel concealer but I've always only used it for under eye circles, I never knew it works on blemishes too! I've got exactly the SAME complexion as you, pinkish (although I'm asian) with random spots. Thanks for an awesome TUT! :p

Thanks!! The concealer was an impulse buy because I had some old Physicians Formula stuff that wasn't delivering anymore. It turns out the Rimmel stuff doesn't BUDGE. One day I had some (different) foundation on and it was so hot outside the foundation just dripped off my face. The concealer, however, didn't move! So now I use it all the time
smiles.gif

Latest posts