Summer v. Winter Makeup

toropcheh

So I've been using just a concealer (Select Cover-Up) for the summer- it's been great, because it covers just what I need it to, blah, blah, you know. Every fall, I change from using concealer to using a full-on foundation (which I hate because I can never find a good one). I've read good reviews about Prep+Prime Skin Primer and Hyper Real SPF 15, and thought about getting those...

My question is- does/has anyone used these together yet? And how much coverage does the Hyper Real give? I'm trying to minimize these gigantic pores on my cheeks, and nothing ever seems to work- I'm hoping the Prep+Prime works for that.

I love to hear any experiences with either of these! Thanks!

breeps

Just curious .. if Select Cover-Up is working for you, why change? For a bit more coverage you could always mix a bit of your concealer into your moisturizer before applying. I love mixing concealer into Strobe Cream and applying with a brush.

As for Hyper Real, I found that it just highlighted my pores but that may have been caused by the fact that NW100 is a few shades too dark for my skintone haha
smiles.gif

Sanne

my skin looks much better in the summer too, and I don't wanna wear foundation in the summer because it gets sweaty and because I am afraid I tan uneven in my face.
I had a lot of problems finding the fight foundation, and I have finally found the right one for me: lasting performance from maxfactor. it just soo easy to apply, and it stays put, even when I had my helmet on.

if you have large pores, I don't think it's a good idea to use something luminous like hyperreal, because that will make em look larger.

toropcheh

Quote:
Originally Posted by breeps
Just curious .. if Select Cover-Up is working for you, why change?

The only reason I want to change it is because I want an actual foundation for winter. I don't use much moisturizer, and I don't use much of the concealer when I put it on (usually just eyes, little on cheeks, little on forehead, etc.), so I can't justify using it in moisturizer, ya know? I only use like 4 tiny blobs all over (think the size of the smiley faces on the screen lol).

Plus I'm always looking for an excuse to get something from MAC- even I don't like it or it doesn't work for me, that's one more trip back to the store to return it and get something else. :-D Yes, I'm a freak.

absolut_blonde

If you have good skin, I'd just go with the Select Tint-- it's one of my faves. Technically I think it's a tinted moisturiser but I don't find it overly moisturising, it's more of a super-sheer foundation. It's lightweight, nice finish, non-drying, and doesn't break me out. For a little more coverage, I'd check out the Select SPF 15, which is fairly similar to the Select Tint but with a bit more coverage.

I don't care for the Hyperreal at all, personally; I found the colours to be off (at least for my PPP skin) and the shimmer was really obvious. In natural light, you could see the shimmer particles all over my face.

MAC is great about giving samples, though, so either way I'd get a sample of what you're considering before purchasing.