• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

Sunset Eyes-Coral and purple

HotPinkHeels

It has been sooooo long since I posted a tute but this weekend I have made a few, and I thought this one was the most fun. I hope you enjoy
smiles.gif

I used:
*Clinique Touch Tint in Nude Sparkle
*Mac D'Bohemia
*Mac Pink Opal pigment
*Mac Pro Rose
*Mac Coppering
*Mac Hepcat
*Mac Sketch
*Shu ME Purple e/l
*Diorshow
*Clinique Superfine liner for brows

Start by applying the Clinique Touch Tint all over the lid and brow area. This will act as a base to your shadows and not only will it keep them on longer, it intensifies the colour and prevents creasing.

001Base.jpg

Then apply your D'Bohemia (or any shimmery coral eyeshadow) to the inner part of your lid and extend about 3/4 of the way across. Don't worry too much about blending at this stage-we will get to that later!

002Coral.jpg

This is what it should look like...
002CoralView.jpg

Then apply Pro Rose to the outer corner of the eye and smudge into the coral side.
003Pink.jpg

The colours should merge and become one
003PinkView.jpg

Now we dip our brushes into the Pink Opal pigment, tap off the excess and apply to our brows. Blend the highlight down into the coral and pink to create a seamless blend.
004Highlight.jpg

Apply the same colour to the inner corner of the eye to creatse a little light, and top the look from being to 'shadowy'
005Innercorner.jpg

Next we apply Coppering to the crease, taking the colour above the natural crease line-but keep the edges soft
006Crease.jpg

006CreaseView.jpg

Using a fine tipped brush apply Hepcat to the bottom lashline from the outter corner to where you applied your Pink Pearl pigment
007Bottom.jpg

Using a fluffy brush blend some more hepcat on the outer corner of the eye and slightly into the crease
008outercorner.jpg

008outercornerview.jpg

Take your eyeliner and drasw a line of medium thickness on the top lashline, and smuge a small amount onto the lower lashline
009liner.jpg

009linerview.jpg

To soften the line smudge a small amount of Sketch into your liner
010smudgeliner.jpg

Add mascara and fill in brows-then you're done!
011addmascara.jpg

011addmascara1.jpg

011addmascara2.jpg

I added:
*Maybelline Whipped Strawberries mousse blush
*Mac Pearl Blossom Beauty Powder
*Mac Miss Ross lipstick

March9th1.jpg

March9th2.jpg

March9th3.jpg

March9th4.jpg

Perple1

Love this color combo! Sooo very pretty! Can't wait to see more from you!
Would Sunsplosion be a good dupe for D'bohemia? I wanna recreate this look!!!

HotPinkHeels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perple1
Love this color combo! Sooo very pretty! Can't wait to see more from you!
Would Sunsplosion be a good dupe for D'bohemia? I wanna recreate this look!!!

It would be ok, but as the VPs tend to be more pigmented than Lustres you would probably need to use a light hand or else it would end up being too close in colour/pigment depth to rule. Paradisco might be a better dupe?

I'd love to see some pics if you try it out!!
smiles.gif

user79

*goes to look for D'Bohemia in the CB*

This is just sooo pretty, I loooove the colour combinations you've used on the eyes.