Sunset Rainbow with 1st Time LASHES

nelyanaphonexia

So, I've never worn lashes before. I went to Ulta and bought some the other day. So far...they are super uncomfy to wear. I might have a latex allergy because they make my eyes itch and water a lot.
ssad.gif
Or maybe I just need to get used to them. I've also never done a rainbow eye before...so this was a first for two things all in one look! Lemme know what you think!
yes.gif

Products used:

Face:
MAC Mineral Skin Finish NW30
MAC Solar Riche Bronzer
MAC Mineralise Blush in Nunace

Eyes:
MAC Canary Yellow e/s
MAC Orange e/s
MAC Passionate e/s
MAC Stars N Rockets e/s
MAC Climate Blue e/s
MAC Nightfish e/s
some cheap off brand lashes #116
Clinique High Impact Mascara
Clinique Brow Shaper in Soft Brown

Lips:
MAC Dazzleglass in Like Venus (ack! I'm almost out...they really need to re-release Dazzleglass NOW!)

Pictures!!!

DSC02711small.jpg

DSC02712small.jpg

DSC02713small.jpg

DSC02693small.jpg

DSC02700small.jpg

DSC02731small.jpg

DSC02733small.jpg

DSC02813small.jpg

Kiss Kiss!!

DSC02855small.jpg

Hope you liked my look! CC and comments, questions...etc. are welcome and encouraged! I would totally like advice on wearing false lashes. It took me FOREVER to put them on and then they didn't look quite right.
th_dunno.gif

MACLovin

Wow, your eyes are gorgeous! Is that your natural eye color, or contacts? (sorry if you get this alot, lol)

This came out really pretty! I love the colors you used together.. absolutely beautiful..

Edit: I don't have any advice on the falsies, because I've never attempted them before either! But you look like you did a good job. i think I may experiment with somc cheapy ones at least for halloween and see if I can work it out.

MzzRach

Great job on the lashes! Especially for your first time, I think you did really well. Your eye colour is gorgeous, BTW!

marreyes38

wow that's way better than my first attempt at applying falsies...try lining your eye afterwards to blend it so you cant see where the falsies start.

hotpink1326

Ive never tried to wear falsies but im gonna give it a shot one of these days
smiles.gif
My only advice for them (from what ive read) is maybe line the top of your eyes a little on the thicker side so you can blend the edge of the lashes into that if you know what i mean. When you dont line the top, you can tend to see the glue or just see where its put more than if you have a black liner... Like i said though, i myself never did it...

So, other than that... i think these bright colors are HOT on you girlie
smiles.gif
Very cool look!!!

SparklingWaves

I think you did a great job and with the eye lashes. With applying false eyelashes, a MA told me it just takes practice.

I too really enjoy wearing Dazzleglass, but I have to control myself. I have applied just a dab too much and it started to go down the side of my mouth. I didn't realize it. My hubby pointed it out to me. He asked, "Why are you drooling so much?" EEEKKKK!

You have Dazzleglass on perfectly. How do you get it like that?

nelyanaphonexia

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolategoddes
i love the bright yellow on the inner corner

thanks! I loved that yellow too! It's just so fun and bright!
greengrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpink1326
Ive never tried to wear falsies but im gonna give it a shot one of these days
smiles.gif
My only advice for them (from what ive read) is maybe line the top of your eyes a little on the thicker side so you can blend the edge of the lashes into that if you know what i mean. When you dont line the top, you can tend to see the glue or just see where its put more than if you have a black liner... Like i said though, i myself never did it...

So, other than that... i think these bright colors are HOT on you girlie
smiles.gif
Very cool look!!!

thanks! Yeah, I wasn't wearing any liner in these pictures but, afterwards I decided to line the top with Nightfish. I think it looked better.
yes.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by marreyes38
wow that's way better than my first attempt at applying falsies...try lining your eye afterwards to blend it so you cant see where the falsies start.

yup, the liner I applied later in the day seemed to make them look more natural.
yes.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
Great job on the lashes! Especially for your first time, I think you did really well. Your eye colour is gorgeous, BTW!

thanks!
greengrin.gif
Yeah, the lashes were way tricky, and I discovered that they just needed a little more liner.
yes.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACLovin
Wow, your eyes are gorgeous! Is that your natural eye color, or contacts? (sorry if you get this a lot, lol)

This came out really pretty! I love the colors you used together.. absolutely beautiful..

Edit: I don't have any advice on the falsies, because I've never attempted them before either! But you look like you did a good job. i think I may experiment with some cheapy ones at least for Halloween and see if I can work it out.

Haha. Yeah, I do, but since I don't know too many with naturally green eyes I totally understand the questions. Oh, and yes, that is my natural eye color. Green seems to run in my family. Both my parents have green eyes too.
greengrin.gif
Yeah, the falsies were tricky, but after more liner...worked lots better and didn't seem as "droopy" either. I might also try some latex free glue for the future tho.
winks.gif

nelyanaphonexia

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklingWaves
I think you did a great job and with the eye lashes. With applying false eyelashes, a MA told me it just takes practice.

I too really enjoy wearing Dazzleglass, but I have to control myself. I have applied just a dab too much and it started to go down the side of my mouth. I didn't realize it. My hubby pointed it out to me. He asked, "Why are you drooling so much?" EEEKKKK!

You have Dazzleglass on perfectly. How do you get it like that?

hehe, sorry I didn't reply to you on my first reply...the internet ate my post.
th_dunno.gif
The lashes were a real pain in the rear the first time, but after liner and less glue...they were better. I'm still gonna try to find a latex free glue though. omg!!!!! I <33333 dazzleglass. I completely understand about putting too much on, tho. It's just SO addicting.
drools.gif
When I applied it, I just put it in the center of my lower lip and blend it out with the wand thing, leaving more in the center and put two little dots on my upper lip and blend that out until it looks even.
yes.gif

Shimmer

If you find latex free glue that's not by vincent longo, let me know!

You look gorgeous.
smiles.gif

nelyanaphonexia

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.a.t
Wow your eyes are gorgeous! and this looks really great on you
smiles.gif

thanks!
yahoo.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
If you find latex free glue that's not by vincent longo, let me know!

You look gorgeous.
smiles.gif

I will def. post when I find some latex-free glue!
greengrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklingWaves
Thank you so much for your reply. I will take your advice.

You are very welcome! Glad I could help!
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by melliquor
Your eyes are gorgeous... you did a great job with teh lashes... very pretty.

thanks!
th_hug.gif