Super Red Tear Ducts/Eyes

kleigh09

This is a bit of a strange question. I have really, really red tear ducts (slightly enlarged I think, too), so much so that I find them distracting in photos. I tried to Google some sort of "cure" like using Visine or something but didn't find much.

Does anyone else have this problem? I'm thinking my sensitive skin combined with lots of q-tips in my tear ducts combined with lots of eye makeup is the cause. I also get plenty of redness in my eyes in general.

Skin*Deep

my tear ducts get really swollen and red whenever I try to put makeup on my waterline...some people just can't do it! I did it for Halloween, and had red eyes for over a week! If you think that is what is causing it, definitely stay away from it.....at least until it clears up....then try one product everyday until you know which one is doing it.....unless you are like me and you can put literally NOTHING there!

Sanayhs

If it's appearing enlarged, that may well indicate swelling. The only thing I can think of (other than laying off the makeup for a bit to see if that's the culprit) would be to try patting a caffeinated eye cream (such as MAC's fast response eye cream) in the inner corner of your eye by your nose (obviously being very careful not to actually get any in the eye). It reduces swelling brilliantly - my eyes swell tremendously due to allergies every now and then, and caffeinated eye cream works like nothing else for bringing them back to normal! If you take down any swelling/irritation, the colour should calm down, too.
smiles.gif
Try to be more careful with the makeup so you don't need to stick your eyes with cotton swabs as much, either.
winks.gif

As for overall eye redness, general visine won't necessarily help, but (again to combat swelling!) a decongestant eye drop can. I have one by Bausch and Lomb that works well and is cheap. It's best if you can figure a way to soothe the eyes without relying on drops all the time, though.