Swapper sent me fake MAC eyeshadows,ONLY 1.3G!?Come and help please!

emmemma

Since I've used up my woodwinked and sumptuous olive, i swapped for them from someone on MUA. They are pot formed and when I got them today, I noticed that they are 1.3g instead of 1.5g. I've thrown away my own woodwinked and sumptuous olive, so I can't compare, but all my other MACs all contain 1.5g. I've checked MAC's site and it says the same thing, 1.5g. So I'm guessing I got 2 fake macs for sure eh? I don't wanna accuse anyone of sending me fake MACs before being 100% sure, but I also don't like people taking advantage of me. PLZ help me!

kariii

and I also just wanna tell ya that veluxe pearls tend to weigh 1.3 g and both woodwinked and sumptuous olive are veluxe pearls. Sounds like they are authentic to me but we'd have to see photos as well. 1.3 g and 1.5 g are both authentic mac weights.

MACATTAK

Like Kariii said, 1.5 and 1.3 are both authentic weights. Other good ways to spot fakes is to compare colors (of course with an authentic shadow), or to depot them.

emmemma

Thank you guys so much for the help and useful information! I'm new to this site but have already learned a lot
smiles.gif
You guys definitely are MAC pros here hahaha!

gildedangel

Woodwinked and Sumptuous olive are Veluxe pearls, so they weigh 1.3g (I just checked with mine). They are not fake based on wieght. However if your woodwinked is blue or something...that might be a problem lol.
smiles.gif

julie150463

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmemma
Since I've used up my woodwinked and sumptuous olive, i swapped for them from someone on MUA. They are pot formed and when I got them today, I noticed that they are 1.3g instead of 1.5g. I've thrown away my own woodwinked and sumptuous olive, so I can't compare, but all my other MACs all contain 1.5g. I've checked MAC's site and it says the same thing, 1.5g. So I'm guessing I got 2 fake macs for sure eh? I don't wanna accuse anyone of sending me fake MACs before being 100% sure, but I also don't like people taking advantage of me. PLZ help me!

Have to agree with everyone else - the eye shadows do come in these weights - the reason is down to the ingredients.
Eye shadows are sold by volume - they fill the pan (so weights will differ) whereas MAC pigments are sold by weight and not volume that's why there can be anything from a full jar to an half empty one. - confusing eh ?

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by julie150463
Have to agree with everyone else - the eye shadows do come in these weights - the reason is down to the ingredients.
Eye shadows are sold by volume - they fill the pan (so weights will differ) whereas MAC pigments are sold by weight and not volume that's why there can be anything from a full jar to an half empty one. - confusing eh ?

Agree
hellokitty.gif
i bought MAC pigment in Dark Soul,when i got home and opened the box and the jar appeared to be less than full !Just as well i read the posts on here about Mac pigments and how some varietys are meant to be like this..

I nearly hot trotted back to the store with my Dark Soul, and demanded new jar
ssad.gif