Swapping question

HeartOfSilver

I figured this "misc" section would be an ok place for this. If not, let me know!

Anyways, I was wondering what people do if a package does not show up. It's been over a month, and something I bought oddly hasn't manifested (though the 22 other packages I have gotten in the last month have). It was shipped to Canada, so no DC, but I have had tons of transactions with not a problem.

As a seller in the past, I immediatly offered to refund half or all to one lady whose package never got there. Is that not normal? When I contacted her, she obviously was trying to cut off communication. Do people ask if the seller is going to make a deal? I don't even wait for the buyer to offer!

I just want to know how people handle this situation to make sure I don't assume anything unfair.

Janice

I always offer to partial refund immediatly upon hearing of any problems I feel are legitimate.

kaliraksha

Yeah I would think a partial refund is a nice gesture... but if it's legitimate one of you is losing money one way or another so it's a tough call. I think it's not about what is fair but the character of the person/ situation they're in. It's such a big trust issue... on one hand it could have never been sent.. on the other hand it was recieved. I try to stick with trading from people with a rating and that I see posts a lot on the community because I know they care about their rep =) Did this user mention she wouldnt be responsible for anything lost or damaged in transit for international shippees?

HeartOfSilver

She didn't mention anything in her post.
I'll probably just let it go. If I say something she'll just have fodder to jump on me and say I am being unreasonable.