• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

Swatches of teal, purple, and black colors [MERMAID LOOK]

vanessagarcia

Here are some step-by-step pictures of some creative ways you can play with applying eyeshadow, as well as some before/after pics:

Me WITHOUT A DROP OF MAKEUP (I know scary huh!?? Thank God for makeup! haha)
nomakeup.jpg

STEP 1:
Apply light eyeshadow base. I chose Revlon's "White Whisper" and blended it with limelight.

IMG_3936.jpg

IMG_3942.jpg

IMG_3943.jpg

STEP 2:
Starting from the middle of your lid, sweep your brush to the outer corner of the lid, and blend.

IMG_3945.jpg

IMG_3944.jpg

To achieve this:

IMG_3948.jpg

If you feel like getting more creative, make your eyes stand out by adding some bold bright colors, in this example I used MAC's "Creme de Violet" and L'oreal's Teal.

IMG_3973.jpg

STEP 3:
Start by making 'swatches' of each color side by side, blending it with each other little by little.

IMG_3954.jpg

IMG_3956.jpg

IMG_3958.jpg

IMG_3957.jpg

STEP 4:
Line your lashline with black liquid eyeliner (I used Revlon's "Blackest Black").

IMG_3983.jpg

IMG_3965.jpg

IMG_3984.jpg

See the BIG difference makeup makes? My eye with makeup looks so much more wider and brighter!

STEP 5:
Line bottom lashes with the same colors using a smudge brush.

IMG_3972.jpg

Almost finished!

IMG_3992.jpg

Lastly, for eyebrows, shade in your eyebrows with an eyeshadow or eyebrow powder one shade lighter than your natural hair color, using a SMALL BRUSH and follow the natural arch of your eyebrows. DRAWN IN eyebrows are tacky and make you look like a clown. Spray a little hairspray on your eyebrow brush to keep those little flyaway hairs tame! Comb in one direction towards your ear.

IMG_3986.jpg

IMG_3987.jpg

Finished! [I apologize my camera sucks so you can't see the vividness of the colors]
IMG_4030.jpg

stephie06

great job vanessa! i love the colors you used and your blending is flawless.

btw, i love love love your nails!

jilliandanica

very pretty! thanks for sharing I wanna try this some time. I go the economical with with taming my brows too...I use spray gel!

BlueRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanessagarcia
If you feel like getting more creative, make your eyes stand out by adding some bold bright colors, in this example I used MAC's "Creme de Violet" and L'oreal's Teal.

IMG_3973.jpg

wow I love the colors, can you please write the name of this palette!

thanks alot great tut

vanessagarcia

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRose
wow I love the colors, can you please write the name of this palette!

thanks alot great tut

It's the L'Oreal's Summer Palette called "Canvas Teals" I think this collection is already discontinued but you can still find it online....