Swing Jackets?

xsnowwhite

I've been seeing swing jackets alot of places these days and I was just wondering what everyones thoughts were on these!

I have mixed opinions about these...i guess it depends what you pair it with?
hmm.gif

For those who dont know what a swing jacket looks like its this:

p369842b.jpg

any thoughts?

knoxydoll

I really love them. I think you have to have the correct style and attitude to pull it off. I think they're lovely paired with beautiful skirts.

GreekChick

I think what you pair it with is very important, because it does have a tendency to look like "granny" wear.
Off topic, but this is clearly vintage inspired. Anyone else tired of fashion looking backward instead of forward? How many eras can fashion renew? Though it can be fun to experience fashion from other decades, I feel as though vintage has been overdone. I don't even need to live the 20's, 30's, 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's 90's to experience them. I'm surrounded by those eras daily. I find it unfortunate that fashion cannot invent something new. The only thing designers can come up with where futuristic designs are concerned are clothing that look like it came from another planet. Seriously, aside from lucites, nobody is going to wear a metal tin and an antenna on their head.

xsnowwhite

yeah they do look cute with skirts! I think some jeans can be cute too!

Greek Chick: i agree, i wish there could be something new as well. Lol i dont really get the whole space age look and i agree i dont ever see anyone wearing that stuff except for metallics but idk if thats considered in this whole spage thing.