Tarte x grav3yardgirl Collection

sullenxriot182

I didn't see anyone talking about this yet so I figured I'd make a thread - if there is one already and I missed it, please let me know!

I got my palette during the pre-order. Great palette, I love the highlighter so much! I will say though, if you're planning to review it on a public platform like YouTube and happen to say anything the least bit negative, her fans will attack you. All I said was that I was surprised it didn't have a mossy green called "Gator Green" or something in it, and I literally had to disable comments on my video because I was getting horrible, nasty comments from people lol. Geeze! At any rate, here are my swatches!
IMG_3390.JPG IMG_3391.JPG
IMG_3392.JPG IMG_3395.JPG
IMG_3393.JPG IMG_3396.JPG
IMG_3394.JPG IMG_3397.JPG

That last row is my absolute favorite! I also love how the blush and highlighter look together. Though the highlighter does have a lot of glittery-ness in it, so if you're not a fan of that you probably won't like it. I'm pretty pale so the bronzer doesn't really work for me - too dark and orange, but I can get use out of it by using it as a shadow. The rest is great though, nicely pigmented and blendable like most Tarte shadows!

rinacee

I love this palette! Some shades aren't as good (haunting and uncommon), but I love love love the face products.

Kaidan

YouTube commenters are some of the worst, they complain and bitch about everything. The palette looks nice though and I like some of grav3yardgirl's videos. I'll check it out on the store release date.

GreenEyedAllie

I didn't see anyone talking about this yet so I figured I'd make a thread - if there is one already and I missed it, please let me know!

I got my palette during the pre-order. Great palette, I love the highlighter so much! I will say though, if you're planning to review it on a public platform like YouTube and happen to say anything the least bit negative, her fans will attack you. All I said was that I was surprised it didn't have a mossy green called "Gator Green" or something in it, and I literally had to disable comments on my video because I was getting horrible, nasty comments from people lol. Geeze! At any rate, here are my swatches!
View attachment 54532 View attachment 54533
View attachment 54534 View attachment 54535
View attachment 54536 View attachment 54537
View attachment 54538 View attachment 54539

That last row is my absolute favorite! I also love how the blush and highlighter look together. Though the highlighter does have a lot of glittery-ness in it, so if you're not a fan of that you probably won't like it. I'm pretty pale so the bronzer doesn't really work for me - too dark and orange, but I can get use out of it by using it as a shadow. The rest is great though, nicely pigmented and blendable like most Tarte shadows!

That is gorgeous and gorgeous on you! Thank you for sharing! I'm pretty excited about this one. And I think a green would have been a fantastic addition. Maybe a warm bronze-green.

shellygrrl

Staff member
I'm very suprised Bunny didn't have a shade called Swamp Family in there.

On the other hand, I'm not suprised there's a shade called Does This Thing Really Work?. :)

rinacee

Thank you! I have been using that highlighter every day since I got it lol.
I LOVE the highlighter! It goes so nicely with the blush, and they last all day on me!

On the other hand, I'm not suprised there's a shade called Does This Thing Really Work?. :)
I think Does This Thing Really Work? is my favorite name. It makes me smile every time I use it!

Mixxi

I love the look of this palette but I have no idea if I'll be able to get it in the UK. Probably not :/

Haven

I think that the red liquid lipstick in the collection is called swamp family.

Last edited:

Haven

My palette arrives today:sunshine::sunshine:Very excited! I am debating the lipsticks.

Last edited:

ARmakeupjunkie

View attachment 54532 View attachment 54533
View attachment 54534 View attachment 54535
View attachment 54536 View attachment 54537
View attachment 54538 View attachment 54539

Thank you for the swatches. I have been trying to decide if I want this palette since it should be available on Sephora tomorrow. I want the Swamp Family lipstick for sure but not sure if I need the palette.

ARmakeupjunkie

I had the Swamp Family Red liquid lipstick in my cart and just as I hit place order, it sold out. Guess I won't be getting anything from that collection. Reminds me of chasing past MAC limited edition collections. The one thing I wanted is the most limited of all the items.

Haven

I was able to order both lipsticks from Sephora yesterday. They should be here tomorrow. Yeah!

I already have the palette which I ordered from ulta. After using it a few times I really like it. The highlighter is a bit rough for my taste, but I can work with it. I also have to use a light hand with sweet tea. Other than those minor issues I really like it!

Latest posts