Taupe blush looks like mud on my cheeks

Katgirl625

Obviously, this wasn't made for someone with my skintone. I heard some MA's complaining about it, and they couldn't find anyone that it looked good on. One of them commented, "who blushes BROWN?"

Anyways, SOMEone must be using this...how is it being used, on what skintones? I know I'll never buy it cuz it honestly looks like I slathered mud on my face, it was "dirty"

JediFarfy

I saw it in the store and knew it would look bad on me for sure. It's such a definite Taupe color, ew. Someone out there probably looks good in it, but wow, most I'm guessing no.

ebonyannette

I think it would look good on people; but Im thinking it would probably look better on medium to darker tone people. Maybe it can be used as
a contour?

caffn8me

It's better used for contouring under the cheekbone rather than as a blush. There are quite a few "blushes" like that. Not all are ideal for use on the apples of the cheeks.

Chloe2277

I actually really like it! I am NW25 SFF. I had a make over done when untamed first came out and when the MA showed me the blush I thought right away that it wasn't going to look right on me but she used it as a contour and stray rose blush on the apples of my cheeks blended up a little and it looked really good! I have noticed that you have to use a light hand or else it can look a bit muddy. HTH's

queenofdisaster

lol.... i had trouble with it at first but i dabbed some silver dusk iridescent loose powder on my kabuki brush and blended it for EVER and it looked really good. ive used it a few times paired with dramatic eyes and i love it. i pair it with dame blush, too and it looks sort of like a bronzer (especially since i got a sunburn!)

calbear

There are some really good uses for brown blushes like contouring and even on the apples on truly darker skin like NC45 and beyond, with Blunt or Format BUT Taupe is horrible (and I hate to use that word since I feel like every product is someone's holy grail). It's so gray looking (ashy) on darker skin and looks like mud on most lighter skin tones. It was sooo popular back in the early days cause we still get older MAC fans asking for it - but making it work is a challenge.

queenofdisaster

i think i'm the only one who loves it
smiles.gif
lol!!!

Turbokittykat

I expected to love Taupe and planned to use it for contouring but it didn't work on me at all. so it looks like I shall be sticking to my usually NARS contouring blush for now.

maxcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katgirl625
Obviously, this wasn't made for someone with my skintone. I heard some MA's complaining about it, and they couldn't find anyone that it looked good on. One of them commented, "who blushes BROWN?"

Anyways, SOMEone must be using this...how is it being used, on what skintones? I know I'll never buy it cuz it honestly looks like I slathered mud on my face, it was "dirty"

Now you know how super pale girls feel about bronzers! Blech!
As well as a contour, I use it as a bronzer on nc/nw 15 to 20s - Golden makes them look like they rolled in brick dust. It brings color into their face without being a "color" like pink or peach or plum. I love it love it love it - it's going to be a permanent pro product.

aquarius11

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofdisaster
i think i'm the only one who loves it
smiles.gif
lol!!!

No you're not alone...I love it too! It's my HG contour color! I even went as far as getting a back up.

cinnamongurlee

i have had it as a contour colour for many years.i have even used it on my eyes. but it never even occurred to me to use it on the apples of my cheeks

merleskaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxcat
Now you know how super pale girls feel about bronzers! Blech!
As well as a contour, I use it as a bronzer on nc/nw 15 to 20s - Golden makes them look like they rolled in brick dust. It brings color into their face without being a "color" like pink or peach or plum. I love it love it love it - it's going to be a permanent pro product.

I had my makeup done Friday at MAC and I thought of this thread when Kathy, my MA, brought out the Taupe blush. She used it as a very light contour underneath my cheekbone because I already have a lot of natural pinkness in my cheeks. It was surprisingly natural looking and like maxcat said, it brought some definition into my cheek area; that day, I didn't need any additional blush.

Kathy pointed out that it can also be used as a taupe eyeshadow, so it does have some versatility. For reference, I'm NW20-25, NW200 in HyperReal. I took pics after the makeup session and will try to post them later.

merleskaya

aznmacboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by geminia
What would be the best blush to contour on a nw25/c4?

Try Strada as well as Buff blushes. I've used both on girls your color and lighter, it's beautiful.

MACaronincheese

I use tantone as a contour, but I would never imagine using it on the apples of my cheeks. Something about a brown color as a blush.. I just don't know about that.