Teacher at my school arrested.

DropDeadDarling

I felt sick to my stomach when I read this. Mr. Weste was the teacher every kid knew & loved, & if you weren't in his class, you wanted to be.

Quote:
The ------ Independent School District on Thursday suspended a high school teacher who was indicted this month on felony charges of making deadly threats in several e-mails to a federal agent, a police officer and a former girlfriend, among others.
Steven Weste, 30, was charged in a federal indictment June 6 with nine counts of sending the electronic missives. He was arrested the following day and released this week on $50,000 bond. If convicted, Weste faces five years in prison on each of the counts.
According to court documents, authorities in January seized Weste's personal computer, which a forensic expert determined was used to send at least nine menacing e-mails beginning last November. All of the e-mails listed in the indictment included a threat to kill, the documents said, including one that was particularly "disturbing" and was sent to a former girlfriend of Weste's on Dec. 5.
The note described in "diabolical and gory detail how the killing" of the young woman would take place:
"I will take a knife and run it thru you (sic) throat and watch as you suffocate on your own blood. When that happens I will take the knife out and rip your skin off your body, well (sic) you are still conscious," according to the court documents.
When the district renewed Weste's employment this year it had "some knowledge" that he was under investigation in the case, court documents stated. Weste has no criminal record and had taught social studies at Judson High School for the past five years, said district spokesman Sean Hoffman.
Hoffman said school officials on Thursday considered the charges and chose to suspend Weste indefinitely with pay.
"They are very serious charges," Hoffman said, "and we're taking those very seriously as well."
Under the terms of his release, Weste's whereabouts must be monitored by a global positioning system to ensure he stays at least 500 feet away from any victims or potential witnesses in the case.

Isn't that just disgusting? The students [obviously] aren't supposed to have any contact with him, but this one girl I know is still in contact with him. They were extremely close, more than the usual teacher-student relationship. But her parents gave her permission to talk to him! I think that's just insane.

kaliraksha

It is a really weird line to cross.. like when you have to realize that your parents are people too =(

In high school our super beloved middle school teacher was arrested for growing and selling marijuana out of his garge =/

Beauty Mark

It just goes to show you that you don't really know people after all
ssad.gif
A teacher from my high school who was well-respected (I respected him for a while) pursued his students who had absent fathers

Ms. Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropDeadDarling
I felt sick to my stomach when I read this. Mr. Weste was the teacher every kid knew & loved, & if you weren't in his class, you wanted to be.

Wow, people can really surprise you sometimes.

Isn't that just disgusting? The students [obviously] aren't supposed to have any contact with him, but this one girl I know is still in contact with him. They were extremely close, more than the usual teacher-student relationship. But her parents gave her permission to talk to him! I think that's just insane.

"her parents gave her permission to talk to him!"? Her parents suffer from mental illness and/or extremely bad parenting skills.

pumpkincat210

I had a science teacher in the 8th grade that everyone liked, come to find out he raped half the boys basketball team. It was so shocking and sad. You really never no people that get teaching jobs, its scary.

mjalomo

I am a teacher and I couldn't agree more. In Texas, schools are required to conduct background checks before they hire new teachers. Do you want to know how much my district spends on each background check? Three dollars. All the district does is check if an applicant has a felony record. It is shocking how districts cut corners when it comes to student safety. I wouldn't leave my own children alone with some of the "professionals" I work with.

SparklingWaves

It's like these people have split personalities. They show one face to the world and they have a dark side that preys on the vulnerable like a lion. I don't trust anyone that deals strictly with children, teens, or women. You just never know who went into the job to have access to what they want to destroy. I don't care what their reputation is on the outside. I have actually sat and listened to accounts from priest who molested kids. They thought their was NOTHING wrong with what they did. They thought they were just giving the kid attention of which their parents were not. There are some really twisted people out there.