Technakohl problems?

asnbrb

I'm pretty sure that I haven't seen anything on this, but today my Graphblack Technakohl fell apart! The top of the pencil popped off (don't ask me how- one second I was using it and the next the top was rolling around merrily in my sink!) and I can't get the stupid piece of plastic back on! It looks as if it would pop back on, but mine seems to be the stubborn exception to the rule.

I've been also getting some kohl on my hands when I use it. Apparently, it's coming out at the seam where the pencil twists. When the top popped off, my fingers were BLACK!

What upsets me is that next week I'm going on a trip and this would've been perfect. It has awesome staying power and glides on so smoothly. I'm also tightly budgeted for this trip, so I don't want to buy a new one. Dammit!!!

YvetteJeannine

I'm sure the MAC store/counter you bought it at will happily exchange it for a new one. Just go in and explain what happened...MAC has always been more than happy to exchange defective products for me
smiles.gif

liquidsirenhoney

the same thing happened to me the first time i tried to use it...but my other one is fine...go figure, i'm sure they would exchange it for you.

Ada

Oh! This morning I was using one of mine and I put the cap on the bottom part-- you know, like you do with a pen, so you don't lose it. But when I went to put the capp back on the top, it popped off the little bottom colored piece, and I couldn't get it out! I spent about ten minutes with tweezers trying to get it out so I could put the cap back on and it wouldn't dry out, and I completely destroyed the end piece in the process! I was SO irritated.
ssad.gif

Sanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ada
Oh! This morning I was using one of mine and I put the cap on the bottom part-- you know, like you do with a pen, so you don't lose it. But when I went to put the capp back on the top, it popped off the little bottom colored piece, and I couldn't get it out! I spent about ten minutes with tweezers trying to get it out so I could put the cap back on and it wouldn't dry out, and I completely destroyed the end piece in the process! I was SO irritated.
ssad.gif

O no that sucks!! is it still closing well??

asnbrb: you can def go back to you store, and swap it for a new one!!!

DaizyDeath

yeah i swap tons of products back to the mac store and ive never had any trouble what so ever with them not taking back the product.

you should also write a letter to mac and let them know about this problem that you having so that they can work out any glitches for future products.

asnbrb

thanks everyone!

I didn't exchange it since my brother came home and he had crazy glue in his car. We crazy glued the tip back on (while he was bitching that I was so upset over makeup, but whatever) and I did write a letter to MAC alerting them of the situation.