teensy suggestion re swatch thread

infernalmachine

i have an idea... it's a little annoying to click on the Spektra Official Swatch Thread and get just page upon page of requests with maybe 2 pics.

maybe we can have 2 threads instead. one for requests and one for actual pictures, much like there's a discussion and a swatch thread for each collection.

th_dunno.gif

gigiopolis

Yeah, the swatch thread is a little cluttered for my liking. Sometimes I wanna look for a swatch for a blush and I can find the request easily enough, but not the actual swatch. I have to go through pages and pages...just a big hassle.

Also, maybe make it a rule that, when posting swatches, to physically type out the name of the swatch, like instead of Photoshopping the text onto the picture, write it as text as well. This way, you can just do a quick search (Ctrl + f) of the name of the product and find it easily.

knoxydoll

This is why you do a search before you go looking in the thread.

Just use the advance search option and type in whatever it is your looking for and set it to only look in the Product Swatches Forum and you're set.

Whatever is being swatched is either quoted or stated as to what is it.

COBI

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxydoll
This is why you do a search before you go looking in the thread.

Just use the advance search option and type in whatever it is your looking for and set it to only look in the Product Swatches Forum and you're set.

Whatever is being swatched is either quoted or stated as to what is it.

Unfortunately, like Gigiopolis stated: sometimes poster only put the text on their photo through an editing program and don't add searchable text to the actual post.

sharkbytes

That's a great idea, actually. I've had a hard time finding swatches of regular-line items as well, for the reasons you've stated. I use the swatch thread even though I have a counter nearby, so it must be even more frustrating for people who are doing their hauling online only, and really need to see a swatch.

pretebrowneyes

this is a great idea! Sometimes when I'm in the clearance bin about to buy something I've never seen IRL, the swatch thread is all I have. But still it takes forever to find what I'm looking for

lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigiopolis
Yeah, the swatch thread is a little cluttered for my liking. Sometimes I wanna look for a swatch for a blush and I can find the request easily enough, but not the actual swatch. I have to go through pages and pages...just a big hassle.

If you can see a request with no corresponding reply, then no reply has been posted. Once a swatch request has been filled, the original post is deleted by me.

lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by infernalmachine
i have an idea... it's a little annoying to click on the Spektra Official Swatch Thread and get just page upon page of requests with maybe 2 pics.

Then the onus is on you, the collective users, to fill more swatch requests. The thread doesn't work if people only take and never give back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by infernalmachine
maybe we can have 2 threads instead. one for requests and one for actual pictures, much like there's a discussion and a swatch thread for each collection.

This is how the swatch thread used to be run, and it was a giant disorganised mess. I appreciate the suggestion, but through much trial and error what is in place now is the most logical and organised way to run a request thread.

lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBI
Unfortunately, like Gigiopolis stated: sometimes poster only put the text on their photo through an editing program and don't add searchable text to the actual post.

It's in the swatch request thread guidelines to type out what you've posted, though I'll clarify it further in the subforum guidelines. If only people actually read the guideline posts!
lol.gif

It's not a big enough issue that I can issue warnings and make it a hardline unbreakable rule, though.