Tell me a story - GIVEAWAY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shimmer

It's graduation season...I want to hear your graduation stories...did you do something crazy? Wild? Was it what you expected? Do you have any regrets? Was it so long ago you've celebrated a reunion (or two)? How have you changed? What about your peers?

Let me know in this thread and FIVE lucky posters will win the latest Beautyfix kits!

Winners are chosen at random, but must be within the continental US!

Good luck!

chiquilla_loca

my graduation was nothing like it's usually depicted in the movies. fun, crazy, or wild!
i started at a public high school, transferred to an all-girls private school because of endless interuptions in the public school education, dropped out about 4mos before the end of my junior yr, had my daughter, then attended an alternative high school so i could complete school & work.
i finished earning my required credits in december and had to wait till june to get my diploma. i was 18 with a daughter and working at the time. my family came and then we went out to eat afterwards, it rained that day.
ssad.gif

my high school years overall were not that fun, i was very serious, shy, and pretty much kept to myself. too bad i wasn't more outgoing, but now i've pretty much broken out of my shell.

i'm looking forward to reading others exciting stories!
yes.gif

AliVix1

i just graduated college on may 2. after taking 2 additional years to graduate i was already reluctant to walk but i think my parents had to see it to believe it so i finally agreed. being the compulsively late idiot that i am of course i just made it to graduation in time and as we are lining up i get in line with my friend who is complaining because she cant walk with her other friend bc she is in a different college (the college of science and technology and the college of liberal arts graduate in the morning ceremony together) my friend is an exercise science major and her friend was a art major but her friend says screw it and jumps in line with us (im a bio major)... anyway so we walk down and sit and all that and of course my family is like 3rd row.. and im sitting there and i see someone walking down holding the science and technology sign and think oh ok well i guess its all just a jumble and we'll all walk together.. then sitting there i notice my name sign is yellow while everyone around me has a blue sign.. even my friend the exercise science major... so of course im sitting with the liberal arts students.. apparently exercise science is techniqually in the liberal arts college.. not the science and technology and no one tells me... so when they all go up i had to jump out of line and i was just gonna sit on the corner and wait until the science majors go up but the jerk usher makes me go sit in a row all by myself and of course these stupid girls that i hate see me and think its hilarious... anyway so then i see my friend sarah in my major and she just grabs me in line with her and the usher tried to seriously clothesline me but i just pushed him aside and ran up with her we graduated and all but bc i went with her i had to go back and sit with her so we moved all the following seats over one messed up the seating and the rows and everything... it was mortifying but at least i graduated.. oh and my fam saw the whole thing to be the icing on the cake

concertina

The summer before our Senior Year of High School, my boyfriend's family PCS'd to Hawaii. We spent that year apart, but 'together'. As 18 year olds, we did a year-long long-distance relationship. It was hard and trying. We got skilled at communicating through emails and once a week phone calls.

The day of my graduation, I received an overnight package. With all my family in the kitchen and watching, I opened the box and pulled out an orchid lei. In Hawaii, Seniors graduate with as many lei's (be they flower, money or candy) around their neck as they can possibly fit. It is very much a cultural tradition.

We were apart, but he wanted to be 'with' me. My sweet boyfriend, now husband, wanted me to have a lei to wear on this special day. So I did. In Fayetteville, NC. I walked across the stage wearing my robe, my ribbons and my lei.

And two weeks later, I flew to Hawaii to see him for the first time in over a year.

My graduation from High School is one of my favorite memories ever.
smiles.gif

L1LMAMAJ

So when I graduated from high school in 2004, I was at the peak of my rebellious stage. The following fall I was set to go to college in Southern Cali (I'm from San Francisco) and I could not WAIT until the day I get away from my parents so I could do whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted. So the weekend after my graduation, I decided to take a trip down to Mexico with my friends in his '92 beat up minivan. (Of course I didn't get permission from my parents to go) We started off driving at like 10 pm, didn't even get to LA yet and we got a FLAT TIRE on the side of the road. It was way past midnight at that time and we were in the middle of nowhere. Of course, we didn't know what to do. I had never been so terrified in my life!! Finally we called my dad to ask him to come get us. After waiting a few more hours, my dad came, picked us up and gave us the silent treatment until we got home. Then you can guess how much yelling there was. Yep, that was how I "celebrated" my graduation!
ssad.gif
You live and you learn!

TISH1124

My graduation was so boring....So boring I swear I don't even remember it. However that was almost 20 years ago.....I think I remember Fred Flinestone being there. I had to change schools in my senior year so I didn't get to graduate with any of my friends...so just to go and walk down the aisle was all I did...and that was done by parental force.

I went to a 10 year HS Reunion but I went to the one that I spent my freshman - junior years at...It was such a blast. Just watching how everyone had changed...some of us good...some like wow....it was strange to see the Hottest chicks in school not look so HOT years later.....Strange but somehow funny, because those heifers thought their sh*t didn't stink when we were in school.

But other than that my graduation, reunions etc were a big bore
th_yawn.gif

sugaMAMA

my graduation was 4 years ago this june. i had some rough high school years. at one point i was even told i wasn't going to graduate & the school wanted to ship me off to continuation school. BUT i did with EXACTLY enough credits. i was soo damn proud of myself. my family SHOWERED me with beautiful flower leis shipped from hawai'i. i was so happy. it was a super hot day. i got my makeup done @ a MAC counter and i just felt great.

my boyfriend at the time (who i had a child with & married the next year & now soon to divorce HAHA) was pissed at me because my ex from two years before had stopped by my house to say congratz.. so he didn't even come. which didn't phase me at all. i received a loud cheer as i walked the stage. it was so much fun. i couldn't even believe high school was over. i had NO plans, enrolled in NO colleges and i just wanted to work.. i stood on top of my chair while we were on stage and just went crazy. i was SO happy to get out of there..

right after i graduated i ran to my family. i instantly started to cry (and am tearing up now..) when i hugged my grandmother. things started to go bad for me when my uncle died (my grandmas son) when i was in 8th grade. so for me to be graduating after going through so much was amazing and i was so happy she was there. ahh.. i wanna cry now.

i do wish i could do it over. i was SO into the social aspect of high school. i didn't give a damn about my grades. my lowest GPA was a .75 ! yes you read right. i went through a lot. im glad i finished. but i think i got pregnant & married so young because i had no plans ! after i graduated i became a cheerleading coach, full time polynesian dancer & THENN a year later i got a job at starbucks & was pregnant a month into my new job !

life is crazy.. i want to become an advocate for teens & let them know that high school SHAPES YOUR WHOLE LIFE. its up to you what to make out of your future, don't rely on ANYONE else. and don't have unprotected sex =) hahaa.. ya your lookin at a teen mom right here, WHO NEVER got a chance to go to college.. and maybe never will.. who knows. i hope i can help someone some day !

okay thats all =)

sugaMAMA

Aww I bet the lei was so beautiful especially shipped from Hawai'i =)

EDIT: OOPS Sorry this was directed to concertina !

revinn

One of my best guy friends has been late to every class, event, and party in his entire life. Literally, it is the most annoying thing imaginable. We always used to joke that he'd be late to his own funeral. So, of course, our graduation started, we walked in to Pomp & Circumstance, and guess who came in five minutes into the ceremony, looking disheveled and embarrassed? It was priceless.

Our graduation took place in June 2008, in a Sportsplex. Never in my life have I been so hot. 400 students and their families trapped for five hours in that building.. Gross. We were all sweaty and shiny, and couldn't want for it to all be over. I don't remember crossing the stage; I was so focused on not tripping on my face in front of a thousand people that I completely blanked.

In our ceremony, each student has his or her extracurricular activities, honor status, scholarships, and immersion certification read out loud. I wanted my list to be impressive, so I worked my butt on all year and joined so many clubs just for that reason. The principal was reading my list of achievements for two minutes after I left the stage. Pretty embarrassing, but I was proud to have all my hard work acknowledged. All in all, my graduation ceremony was pretty typical, but the after party was anything but.

I loved high school, but I love university more, and I'm glad to have it all behind me. My last year of high school was difficult because I was severely depressed. I missed a lot of school, lost a few friends, and spent a lot of time crying, but I made it, and I feel stronger for it. I try to dwell on my positive memories of high school, and my graduation was definitely one of them.

Fataliya

My graduation was great...I was glad high school was done.

Graduation NIGHT however, sucked. I was pregnant, so no partying for me. Me and a friend drove around all night talking about what we wanted to do, what type of man we wanted to marry, how many kids we wanted, etc.

That was in 1991. At my 10 year reunion, it was strange to see all the girls that picked on me and how time and having babies took a toll on their bodies, but I looked the same, even though I had two kids.

They definitely couldn't talk shit about me that night.

chocolategoddes

I'm about to graduate from high school but I hope it won't matter. I have that strange feeling in my stomach; it's a mixture of fear and excitement. I can remember the first day of high school like it was yesterday and I'm almost on my way off to college.
Since, I haven't experienced a true graduation (does graduating from preschool count? My parents have a home movie of my graduation when I was about 4 years old!!!) but I'm anticipating my name being pronounced incorrectly because it always is. I'm used to it, but I guess that's interesting. :/

dollface___x

so i graduated exactly one year ago on my 18th birthday. i remember being so excited because i mean, can it get better? turning legal plus graduating? and plus i was valedictorian after beating out my ex-best friend who had turned very.. promiscuous on me. anywho, the real story comes after the graduation ceremony.

basically my whole senior class goes out to this one club that's like an hour away. my boyfriend at the time and some of our mutual friends decide to all ride together. we get there and next thing i know, there's drink after drink handed to me. i figure my boyfriend and my friends and classmates are here no i wouldn't get like.. abducted or anything. oh yeah, this is the first time i've ever drank this much. someone even told me they saw me with a black and mild and smoking but i don't really remember that. so i'm drinking and i get drunk and at that point i began to black out. a couple of us goes outside to sit on the patio, i'm all slumped over, and a bouncer comes over and says that i need to go home. SO I GET KICKED OUT OF THE CLUB. mucho embarrassing! so we're leaving and my boyfriend was all pissed at me 'cause i got us kicked out. we're walking to the car and i fall and scrape my knees. my boyfriend tries to pick me up and his drunk ass falls on top of me! someone grabs us both up and i think we went to some random friend of a friend's house. then, we leave and i'm slumped on my boyfriend's lap. i throw up ALL OVER.. oh yeah, we were in his mom's car. from there, i really don't know what happened. that next morning i woke up next to my boyfriend in his house, in his bed, with only my underwear on. i lost my favorite heels that night and also a dress that was cute as hell.

my graduation day/night is definitely one of the most exciting stories of my life.

Tinkerbell4726

Graduation day was something I couldn't wait for. I had been dating my boyfriend for a couple months (we are still together 4 years strong) and apparently graduating made us both horny as hell lol.

After the ceremony I went out to dinner with my family and my phone started going nuts. My boyfriend sent me a pic message of mr.peeps lol. I thoguht nothing of it, and ended up leaving my phone in the car.

Well a couple hours later my boyfriend came to my house to pick me up to go to our senior all night party. Low and behold my younger brother stumbled upon my phone, and in front of my great grandpa, my grandma, my aunt and uncle, my parents, and my boyfriend who was meeting them all for the first time decided to come in the house screaming

" THERE'S A PICTURE OF TOM'S DICK ON YOUR PHONE!!!!"

I wish I could have died there. I was sooooooo mortified and wanted to die. My whole families first impression of my boyfriend was that he likes to take pictures naked lol

If I regret anything from high school, it was that in 4 years I still was a dumbass and ddn't think to delete that damn picture as soon as he sent it. Hell I could draw a picture from my memory I didn't need any images to haunt me. So I'm not sure what I'll tell my future children what to expect on their graduation day, because now the only thing that makes me think of graduating is my boyfriends penis
tong.gif

iShadow

I hated it. I didn't want to graduate. Freshman through Junior years weren't bad, I didn't hate school.. I liked it because tbh, I like learning and all that nerdy stuff. But Senior year... that is a year I'll never forget. I loved everything. My teachers, my grades (weren't so hot for the first 2, then got better and better!), my classes... I was absolutely TERRIFIED for graduation to come. It was like everyone else loved high school until the last semester, then they were sooo ready to leave, whereas I was a late bloomer and didn't like it until the last year, and then I wasn't ready to leave.
ssad.gif

Anyway, I graduated, it was fine, whatever. Ended up teaching Spanish preschool for the district over the summer and had a really good time. College... is a different story. I originally had two roommates, but then had to get a room alone. So I had chatted with these two girls all summer on Facebook, only to find out that the dorm building we were in gave me sinus headaches... so I had to move out. I ended up having to withdraw and come home in November because my sinus issues were absolutely demobilizing. Had sinus surgery in January... had to sit out Spring semester so I could heal. Now I'm trying to convince my overly anxious parents that their baby is healthy enough to move to the Pacific Northwest... wish me luck?

Mabelle

I dont live in the US, but heres my story anyway;

My dipolma cermony was awful. I graduated from a horrible public high school in 2003. I didn't get along with anybody and couldn't be happier to be out of there. The grad was mid june in the gym. About 150 students, plus all their families. The 5th Harry Potter Book had JUST been released, so i read that through the 2 hour + ceremony. I remember our valid victorian's speech about teachers being angels. It was the ultimate in brown nosing (which is what she did through all 5 years of HS). My aunt actually left for a ciggarette during it.

Anyway, Prom was pretty boring too. I didn't have a whole lot of friends, and the ones i did have i wasnt that close with. one of them got Drunk and puked everywhere in front of the hotel and wanted me to go comfort her. I was brought downstaires while she cried and whined about her life, and my friend luke sat there and patted me on the back to keep me from snapping.

Status
Not open for further replies.