That smoky eye/Angelina Jolie pale lip thing? God, that's so 2001.

Nico.

I tried to do an Angelina Jolie look. It didn't work out. The lips are quite a bit lighter in person, not to mention more gray. My highlight wasn't that white, either... I need to figure out how to take a good picture.

resizedj1.jpg

Yes, the blending looks very bad here, but it is mostly the picture's fault. I chose this because I thought my lips looked cool. The image below is closer to what the eyes actually look like.

resizedj2.jpg

And a great, big eye because it was the clearest thing I had:

bigeye.jpg

If you wanna know what I used, ask.

brandi

your lips looks nice and soft... i did a smoky eye today...
this is how i did mines if you want to know...
first i put prep and prime eye then on my lid i put brule with my 242 brush then after that i used my 252 and patted on some smut over the brule and a bit pass the lid... i chose this color because it's a lighter black and i was going out during the day... then i used 217 brush and blended upwards... and grabbed some softbrown and for lower brow bone and naked to highlight! then i lined my lower lash line only about 1/3 of it with smut using the tip of the 252 brush... but yours looks fine....
smiles.gif

Nico.

The apparently crappy blending job is mostly the low quality picture (I added another to show what I'm talking about), but thanks for the advice; I can always use it and it looks like you put some thought into it.

brandi

sorry if i offended you that wasnt my intention.. i didn't say you had a crappy blending... just explaining what i did to mines... everyone does smoky eye different... do what works best for you!
smiles.gif

Nico.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandi
sorry if i offended you that wasnt my intention.. i didn't say you had a crappy blending... just explaining what i did to mines... everyone does smoky eye different... do what works best for you!
smiles.gif

Don't worry about it, you didn't offend me and I like to know what other people use to do makeup, especially now because I'm looking for brushes at the moment. I added an image and some text because when I looked at my post again I decided that I was unhappy with the way my makeup looked in the pic.

sallytheragdol

Girl, you are so gorgeous. and I really like the smokey eye pale lip thing on you...2001 though it may be...but still hot =P

Nico.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallytheragdol
Girl, you are so gorgeous. and I really like the smokey eye pale lip thing on you...2001 though it may be...but still hot =P

I actually don't care at all if the look is in style or not, it was just my attempt to get people to look at my post. Thanks a million for the ego-boost though.

Nico.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcastel10
You are so pretty! What did you use on your lips?

Creamola liner, really lightly, and just outside my lips because I wanted them to look as full as possible, a little bit of Fresh Brew l/s, C-thru Lipglass. Just so you know, it was grayer in person.