The 138 or 134?

Wannabe Junkie

I'm thinking of treating myself to a new face brush. I haven't got any large face brushes and would really like something to apply face powder but would like a bit of multi-tasking too.

I've narrowed it down to these two and although I've looked at the makeupalley reviews, I can't decide which to go choose. Which would you go for?

cocodivatime

Since you mentioned "multi-tasking" I would recommend the 138. I think its the versatile out of the two if you are wanting a brush that can perform many tasks.

I own both and they are both great brushes but with the 138 you can apply powder and also contour/highlight because of the pointed tip. The 134 is a great brush for applying powder all over the face or bronzer but its a wide brush so you can't really contour/highlight small areas with it.

I suppose if you were really careful you might be able to apply blush with the 134, but it would likely spread too far across your face because of the width of the brush. With the 138, you could easily apply blush if you chose.

Hope that helps
yes.gif
yes.gif

fallenang3l211

i love my 134! i use it to apply bronzer & msf. i have the 165 which is like a baby 138..i don't find myself reaching for that as much. if you have a 109 you can contour w/ that as well.

Wannabe Junkie

Thank you both so much. Maybe I should say which other brushes I already have.

I have a 165, 168 and 109 all of which I use to contour. My only 'large' brush is a 129 from a set. I guess I don't really need another blush/contour brush I just like the idea of something that could do more than one job (especially to justify the price!). What I'm really lacking in is something to apply loose powder and bronzer.

I know if I had the cash I'd probably just get both!

cocodivatime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabe Junkie
Thank you both so much. Maybe I should say which other brushes I already have.

I have a 165, 168 and 109 all of which I use to contour. My only 'large' brush is a 129 from a set. I guess I don't really need another blush/contour brush I just like the idea of something that could do more than one job (especially to justify the price!). What I'm really lacking in is something to apply loose powder and bronzer.

I know if I had the cash I'd probably just get both!

Those are all 3 great brushes. And like the other post mentioned...the 165 is a baby version of the 138 anyway.

If you are just wanting something for only loose powder I would recommend the 134 or 150

Otherwise, you've got a great variety with the brushes that you have already
yes.gif

Susanne

I have just oredered the 134. Can't wait to use it for my face powder and bronzer. I use brushes like the 109 for highlighting.

LMD84

if you're lacking a brush for face powder and bronzer then the 134 is perfect! that's mainly what i use mine for
smiles.gif

thiscarmen

The 138 would probably be a better choice if you had to choose between the two.

The 134 is just a large paddle brush, which is great for an all-over dusting of powder, and maybe for bronzer too.

But the 138 can be used for powder, bronzer, contouring (on the pointy end), blush, highlight...almost everything face-related.

Wannabe Junkie

I'm still terribly undecided! They both look so nice, I'm sure I would enjoy using either. I'm going to sit on my hands and have a look what they have face brush wise at the CCO on Saturday.

Thanks for all your help.

jazmatazz

Last time I was at MAC the MA used the 138 on me and it was fantastic. It's now on my wishlist, good luck with your choice!