The 182 or the 183, or both? lol

GlamYOURUs

I do have both. I bought the 182 a year ago and I love it. But I went to my CCO yday and found the 183 for $28! I had to get it. Its soooo soft, softer than my 182.
yes.gif
But what would you use this brush for? Blush? Powder? Foundation? Buffing in all 3?

And I think I seen Stephen Moleski (sp?), Kim K's makeup artist used the 183 to blend out her foundation and creme blushes. But I am not sure. Its on her blog.

What do you use it for?
Just curious.
winks.gif

O! And which one is the long handled one that has a weird shaped handle but the head looks like the 183? Its like a long handled kabuki no? I think its discontinued.

How much does the 180 cost and is it still around?

jayne5787

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamYOURUs

O! And which one is the long handled one that has a weird shaped handle but the head looks like the 183? Its like a long handled kabuki no? I think its discontinued.

That's the 180, I believe. I have one and it's pretty soft, but I haven't used it yet, lol. I still see it on the display thingie at the freestanding store in SD so I think they still have it?

kaexbabey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayne5787
That's the 180, I believe. I have one and it's pretty soft, but I haven't used it yet, lol. I still see it on the display thingie at the freestanding store in SD so I think they still have it?

which store, plaza bonita or fashion valley?

lethaldesign

I looooooooooove the 183. I use it every single day to buff my mineral powder foundation in to my skin. I find that the flat top gives better, more flawless looking coverage than a round top buffer (kabuki). Not sure why... but I love it
smiles.gif
I have about 2893748976 kabuki/buffers & this is my fave.

jayne5787

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaexbabey
which store, plaza bonita or fashion valley?

Fashion Valley. I always to refer to this one b/c it the closest to me. I've only been to Plaza Bonita once, when the whole California Dreamin' craziness was going on, lol.

Sanayhs

The 183 is better for applying powder foundation because it gives good coverage much more quickly than the 182. I would use the 182 for blush and powder and buffing out things, because you tend to want lighter coverage for those. The longer handled one is the 180, which I have and love.

nunu

I bought the 183 when it was released with the of beauty collection late 2007. It is such a cute little brush!! use it tp apply the loose beauty powders and sometimes use it to blend out creme blushes. The 180 is good for applyiong liquid products like foundation to get a flawless finish.

Here's a review i found on the 180 brush
YouTube - ★MAC BRUSH 180★

The 182 i use it to apply my blot powder and buff out my blusher. Hth

xxManBeaterxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamYOURUs
how much is the 180 brush?

the 180 brush was $42 on the mac website i think, i'm absoluely in love with it i bought 2, i love it when i use my mineral powder.