The Battle of Gorgeous Packaging! Is it Worth The Money?

HIC93

I know what you mean! Check out Batalash's take on the palette, she does a really pretty neutral eye with it! The colors are also really blendable and pigmented nicely. Like it's easy to get the kind of coverage you would want. Leigh Dickson Artistry also has two different looks using the palette too, her and Batalash are on youtube of course :)  
I'll give those both a watch and then hope I can find somewhere with it in stock!! X

Candycoatedclos

Missed hello kitty
ssad.gif
Aww I personally did as well. I'm hoping MAC does another launch with Hello Kitty some time in the future

Candycoatedclos

I like special packaging, but I'll never buy anything just for the packaging alone. If I don't like the product inside for whatever reason ,it's staying out of my stash. As far as Prabal, I skipped that whole collection because to me everything had been done so many times over the last year that the high markup just wasn't worth it to me.
I know that i almost got sucked into the entire PG collection knowing that I wouldn't use much in there besides the lipsticks and glosses!

Candycoatedclos

I keep every single box for all my make-up (Limited edition or not)!! Uses up alot of extra room but I feel anxious if they aren't all in their boxes!!!! x
Haha I used to do that but over the past month I got rid of some of them (only non LE items)! I need more makeup storage!

Candycoatedclos

I know what you mean! Check out Batalash's take on the palette, she does a really pretty neutral eye with it! The colors are also really blendable and pigmented nicely. Like it's easy to get the kind of coverage you would want. Leigh Dickson Artistry also has two different looks using the palette too, her and Batalash are on youtube of course :)

Quote: Originally Posted by HIC93

I'll give those both a watch and then hope I can find somewhere with it in stock!! X
heart.gif

HIC93

Haha I used to do that but over the past month I got rid of some of them (only non LE items)! I need more makeup storage!
I don't understand people who throw LE packaging away! :shock: My lipsticks don't look organised without my boxes I can't let them go :(

Candycoatedclos

I don't understand people who throw LE packaging away!
icon_eek.gif
My lipsticks don't look organised without my boxes I can't let them go
ssad.gif
Lipsticks I definitely keep now. For a while I was keeping my perfume boxes and I just didn't have room for them!

CrimsonQuill157

I enjoy nice packaging, but I'd rather pay regular MAC price for a regular bullet than pay extra for special packaging. Needless to say, Prabal Gurung was a total skip for me. I've been wanting a Chanel or YSL lipstick for a while, so if I'm going to drop $30 on a lipstick, that's what I will get. I do keep all of my lipsticks with special packaging in their boxes, though.

HIC93

I enjoy nice packaging, but I'd rather pay regular MAC price for a regular bullet than pay extra for special packaging. Needless to say, Prabal Gurung was a total skip for me. I've been wanting a Chanel or YSL lipstick for a while, so if I'm going to drop $30 on a lipstick, that's what I will get. I do keep all of my lipsticks with special packaging in their boxes, though.
I skipped Prabal Gurung purely (as previously mentioned by someone else) because of the similarity to YSL (Plus none of the colours struck me as particularly individual!). I splashed out on Chanel La Diva when I was on holiday, wore it, and its pretty much the same as Candy Yum Yum: Cant help but keep both though!!
thud.gif

Prettypackages

I totally understand this and thought the same... then I tried the product... Every single color looked good, but I agree, next time I'm just going to buy a high end brand.

Periodinan

At least I'm not the only crazy one!
drinks.gif
I just can't let go: even if they're in normal packaging!!
Yep, you're not alone
th_hug.gif

That's my MAC lippy-box collection
girlhaha.gif

I keep the other boxes (face powder, concealer,...) as well, but they don't fit in/on there.
Even my brushes (the more expensive ones, like MAC brushes), I keep them in their plastic wrapping...

HIC93

Yep, you're not alone :hug: That's my MAC lippy-box collection :haha: I keep the other boxes as well, but they don't fit in/on there. Even my brushes (the more expensive ones, like MAC brushes), I keep them in their plastic wrapping...
I have a little MAC black box with all my little plastic brush wrappers and stuff in it :shock: I'm so glad I'm not alone :p love your collection, wish I got hold of Kelly Yum Yum!!

Periodinan

I have a little MAC black box with all my little plastic brush wrappers and stuff in it
icon_eek.gif
I'm so glad I'm not alone
tong.gif
love your collection, wish I got hold of Kelly Yum Yum!!
You're really not
girlhaha.gif

Thanks and it is steadily growing, patiently waiting for Nasty Gal, Toledo, Giambattista Valli, Bao Bao Wan and more
tong.gif

Did you check the CB for KYY? It's a great shade for summer - such a lovely happy color :)

HIC93

You're really not :haha: Thanks and it is steadily growing, patiently waiting for Nasty Gal, Toledo, Giambattista Valli, Bao Bao Wan and more :p Did you check the CB for KYY? It's a great shade for summer - such a lovely happy color :)
I'm waiting for Nasty Gal to come on the UK site (if it even does!!) I'm only new so don't have access to the CB yet- will be looking for KYY and TTT when I get access though!! :eyelove:

Periodinan

I'm only new so don't have access to the CB yet- will be looking for KYY and TTT when I get access though!!
eyelove.gif
Ah true... just saw that.
So sorry, you couldn't get your hands on it. I went to the store on the day it launched and was there before they opened bec I thought it'd be hard to get. There was such a hype about these lippies, crazy...

I'm currently searching for Runner and Gunner bec I don't want to wait any longer.
girlhaha.gif

I'm living in Austria, here it will be released at the beginning of Feb, I guess.