The battle with freckles..

swt_int3ntions

So, I gave up trying to lighten them because now...I just have discolouration on my face (my cheeks are lighter than the rest of my face)..

I'm now looking for a nice concealer that I can wear over or under? my foundation (please state which you would do for your rec)

I need something that will give coverage but won't cake or clog pores...and can be worn all over my cheeks, and it would be a bonus if i could wear it lightly under the eye

I tried MAC's concealer (the one in the same kind of pots as the eyeshadows, can't remember what they're called) and it was horrid...I scooped it out and used it for B2M hehe. anyway its either i'm wearing it wrong or its just not right for me ...it went on very cakey and didn't blend well..it also made my skin look blotchy and darker.

so back to my original question..any recs for a good all over concealer?

thanks in advance!

pumpkincat210

My friend has discoloration on her cheeks too. She is very pale and uses the Bare Minerals brand, they have a powder concealer too. It looks really good on her and doesn't cover her freckles. Freckles are so pretty and cute.
I use my concealer after i use foundation and blend it out really well. I really don't have a favorite concealer. I'm using one by mac in a little pot and/or physician's formula green/beige concealer.

Fairybelle

Laura Mercier Secret Concealer can be worn in spots, or 'washed' all over areas of discoloration, pigmentation, blemishes. I find that it doesn't irritate sensitive skin. Great for under OR over foundation. Bare Minerals is also nice, but the products contain Bismuth Oxychloride which is an irritant for acne-prone skin (I broke out horribly and my face was itchy). If your skin is tolerant, Bare Minerals gives you an awesome glow though.
My second rec, although pricey, is my new favorite concealer: Cle de Peau. I wear this over my foundation. Gives good opaque coverage with a nice soft finish. The stick is just wide enough (but not wide like a foundation stick) to cover larger areas quickly. The finish is like velvety butter. I have not found any dupes to this product at all.