The Chanel Ratonas Off-topic Thread

katred

Specktra Bestie
So...my updates! Back is still sore and gives out, but I keep pushing through it all, waiting for it to heal. Got out to two stores today, though had hubby drive since I don't dare yet. Picked up the rest of his stocking gifts and some fun ornaments for the tree and promptly put them on! Ordered some goodies from a few places for him and have most of my shopping done now. Just a few more things to pick up. I feel good about this!

Today my highly treasured Sigma F80 synthetic flat top brush (super dense) arrived and after I had admired it for about 2 hours I put my makeup on. LOVE how well it works, so bought the set. lol I am hopeless! Still loving my Tarte Exposed blush and did a fun sporty look for running my errands! The breakdown is on my blog. Ordered two more scarves (loving scarves and now collecting them madly!) and ready to crawl into bed! Hope all is well with everyone!

49 years old in 10 days and still no wrinkles! Yay for no sunshine! lol

That look is gorgeous!!! You've sold me on the blush and the lip colour...

ElvenEyes

Thank you! I love Exposed! And I am trying to use more of my various lipsticks and finding some fun looks! I have way too much lipstick and blush. lol :)

katred

Specktra Bestie
Thank you! I love Exposed! And I am trying to use more of my various lipsticks and finding some fun looks! I have way too much lipstick and blush. lol :)

Um... Just so I know where I stand... How much is too much?

I thought some ladies might be interested in seeing this info from Karrie's site. Post is in German, but relevant info is in English. Looks like we're getting another "tri-brid" highlighter from Estee Lauder in the Spring!

http://mackarrie.blogspot.com/2011/11/estee-lauder-topaz-spring-look-2012.html

ElvenEyes

Um... Just so I know where I stand... How much is too much?

I thought some ladies might be interested in seeing this info from Karrie's site. Post is in German, but relevant info is in English. Looks like we're getting another "tri-brid" highlighter from Estee Lauder in the Spring!

http://mackarrie.blogspot.com/2011/11/estee-lauder-topaz-spring-look-2012.html
Good question! And just by saying that much you are making me feel better! For me, well, 5 full size bureau drawers full, a spinner, things on top and then some is me turning my out of control tarot collection into an out of control makeup collection. Only makeup expires! And yet...the goodies keep coming in because I am having so much fun!

I hope that everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving! I've been busy with my blog (fun tag in interested!), the house is all decorated, I now have completed my Christmas shopping so moving on to cards and wrapping and I am done! I am hoping for a very fun Thanksgiving, Birthday and Christmas!! My list is full of perfumes and beauty products and I think I have been a good girl this year!! What is everyone else asking for from Santa?

santa.gif

Anneri

Yep, there will be one in the Spring and in the Summer collex as well.I think it's very similar to the Modern Mercury one, maybe a bit darker.
I like the Cyber Eyes shadows much much more, which have the same technolgy.

Debi, I'm officially envious - I never manage to do the christmas shopping so early, and then the December is always pitifully short and crushed with activities and lots and lots of stress.

Strangely, I feel that I've crossed into the realm of 'too much mu' lately. I've loads of it at home with my bf and loads of it here in the flat I'm living in during the week, and I'm not able any longer to remember what is in which apartment, or I completely forgot that I have an item. And everything that is released seems so so old and done before... I suffer from cosmetics fatigue, I think!

I hope all the Ratonas are well! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and fun at Black Friday!

User38

katred, yes bronzes and terracottas are coming our way as well as new shades of es....ALL . with the Mercury tech
pompom.gif

Debi.. congrats for being so organized. I did all my xmas shopping too.. but only because I was in close proximity to the things I wanted to give.. lol.

I often times feel totally jaded and saturated by cosmetics.. but the true test if you love the business and what you do in it is whether a new product/colour/texture can make your heart jump and skip a beat.. and whether you are willing to pay for it. I always analyze all products like that.. do I love it and would I pay X for it?

hatsoff.gif

Happy Thanksgiving to all the Ratonas!

User38

oh Debi.. I am flat on my back today.. all day cause I did some spinning yesterday and think I pulled something.

grr.

having back problems is no joke.. hope you are getting better
friends.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
Sorry to hear you're in pain, HG! back problems are awful. Have a nice rest, a good heating pad and a stiff drink (or two). That usually helps me.

Debi- I don't think I've quite as much as you, but I'm definitely getting there. I find myself dreaming of trips to Ikea and getting some perfect storage unit (not that I have a place to put it). I have three drawers stuffed FULL. So full that my e/s duos and some of my specially packaged items, along with around half a dozen lipsticks at any given time, have crawled up and taken residence on top of my vanity.

I hope everyone has a happy and healthy Thanksgiving! For us, it's just another week but we still get the festive spirit through the media. We got our first snow of the year today. Nothing too drastic, but we are apparently supposed to have a very stormy winter, according to the Farmers' Almanac... Oh joy...

Almus

Dear Ratonas in the US, happy Thanksgiving!

I am ill. It all started with a sore throat and now it's totally out of control. My voice has gone ... don't know where; nose, throat and head are war territory and I feel weak =(

Oh ElvenEyes! I hope I'd be able to do my Christmas shopping this fast. This year will be the first one I'll be decorating my own apartment, so right now, I am more excited about getting home decor stuff than presents, which is not good at all (I feel like you Anneri, December is always way too late).

Regarding mu, I have been a very good girl lately. I am only seriously lemming a couple of things from the incoming MAC collections and since Chanel does not want to share its Holiday Collection with us, I guess I will be able to live without Sweet Beige glossimer. Anyway, I am a bit worried about the economic situation in the last few months (as you may know, Spain and Italy are not doing very well) and being that said, I am trying to be cautious. Although ... that has not stopped me from renewing a good part of my winter clothes (I needed that ... seriously ...
girlhaha.gif
)

Miss QQ

^^ Get well soon! A bad cold always make me feel very weak. Have fun decorating!

HG - Get better soon too. My back is aching too, though not so badly.

The EL spring highlighter looks like Mercury, and its better with a brush instead of the funny sponge applicator. I hope to see the holiday collection eyeshadows in the gelee form soon! You ladies who like the formula should check out Laura Mercier holiday highlighter.

ElvenEyes

Katred~One year I had Bronchitis for over 2 weeks, right before Christmas, and the minute I got better I had to rush around to shop, wrap, etc. I refuse to go through that again, so early shopping/wrapping is a must for me now! I have dreams of perfect storage too, but to do that I do need to cut down my collection a bit and maybe, like HG said, have a little less makeup but more of what makes my heart flutter!

HG~I am so sorry about your back. I hope you feel better quickly. Amazing how much we actually need our backs!!! Hehehe.. Mine is still sore, but I am up all day long. I just have to sit a lot to rest it. I see the doctor next week. That was the first opening they had for me!

Almus~I completely understand what you are saying about being more excited about decorations. I am still that way after 19 1/2 years of marriage! Two years before I got married I finally bought my own full sized tree and put it up in my bedroom at my parents. While at college I just had a few decorations---there was never more for anything else! I loved buying decorations for it. When I got married and had my own home to decorate we used that tree for a few more years until getting another. Now we have yet another one and a smaller one in the family room. I buy decorations for the tree every year, love my creche which runs all across our long mantle, and every room in the house has some kind of ode to Christmas, with bells on the doors, lights in the windows, or snowglobes and silver trees and winter fairies by my computer here! All is festive! This is why I put them up early. Way too much fun to wait until 2 weeks before, which is what my parents did. Now I am rubbing off of them. They will start this weekend!! :)

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! We are celebrating my birthday today, too, so in a few minutes time to go down, eat breakfast, watch the Macy's Parade and see what I got as a present from my hubby!

Bonitinha

Debi and HG -- so sorry to hear both of you are having back problems! Hope you both are feeling better soon!
th_cheerup.gif

Happy Birthday Debi!

Almus -- hope you get to feeling better soon! I had that sore throat/cold and flu thing and it was miserable. ((((( Hugs )))))

I hope everyone celebrating Thanksgiving has a wonderful one!! We are going over to my sister's house for our feast. My husband is making the mashed potatoes and I am making a Brownie/Chocolate Mousse/Heath Trifle. I will need two a day workouts for a few days LOL!

I think we will get our Christmas tree and decorations up this weekend -- yippeee
th_thb5ed765e.gif

LMD84

happybirthday.gif
Debi! I hope you had a fabulous day and lovely thanksgiving too! In fact everybody who celebrated Thanksgiving I hope you had a fabulous day with your families and friends :)

Sorry I haven't written here in a while - work has been mental for me and I actually start a new job on Monday too which is excellent. The only downside is that I have no break between jobs - I go literally from one to the other and I shall be working away from home for around 2 weeks total too so will be very busy and perhaps lonely too after living out of a hotel room! I will try and come on specktra as much a possible though because I shall be bring my tablet and netbook so I can go on the internet - i just hope the hotel has free wifi or at least cheap wifi!

I hope everybody is well and those who are suffering with illness and injury I hope you recover soon!
grouphug2.gif

Almus

Oh Lou, congratulations on the new job! Two weeks is not too much but and normally, internet is all around! I hope you enjoy your new job and also your new colleagues =)

I am getting better, my voice is a bit better too and this afternoon I will be going out for the first time in a week (just for a quick coffee with my girl friends). Besides, this afternoon, there is this lighting event of all the decoration around the city, so I hope I can enjoy that too a bit (I usually don't get myself into crowded celebrations =P)

Oh, accidentally I have discovered what my brother is giving me as a present for Christmas: the Wild & Chic e/s palette from MUFE! Isn't he cute? He got his first serious job about 6 months ago and now he is able to splurge a bit on Christmas presents.

I am in love with this time of the year, I just hope it would be colder here, but well =)

ElvenEyes

Hi everyone! I hope everyone is enjoying the festive season! I am, in spite of the fact that I now have a cold! That is what happens when you go into crowds of people to do shopping, but my shopping is done, so glad of that! Thanksgiving was a lot of fun. Hubby and I watched the Macy's Parade in between cooking and had our own delicious turkey dinner, complete with stuffing, rolls, cranberry sauce, etc. and apple pie (I'm not a fan of pumplin!) Then we went to my sister's house and she was actually polite, which was a nice switch! My BIL had fun showing me the rooms he has been building on the second floor and my three nephews were without their girlfriends this time around so I got a chance to enjoy their company! They had fun teaching their aunt all about Ipads, Androids and other techy things, which they all love! Presents are still rolling in and my birthday is not officially until tomorrow, but I already have some super fun things so will put that up on my blog as soon as I have a minute and feel up to it. Happily my back is getting better, too! Finally! Not back to perfect, but definitely better!

Keep smiling, everyone! :)

katred

Specktra Bestie
Hello ladies- I have another question about a brand I might be interested in! Has anyone tried "The Lipstick" by Kanebo Sensai? It's hella expensive (CdP prices), but the colour selection looks interesting and supposedly it functions both as a lipstick and treatment. Worth investigating? Or overpriced? Both maybe?

Miss QQ

Happy thanksgiving! Hope you all had a good meal and celebration.

katred - Not sure if there is Sensai in my country, but we have Kanebo. Maybe I can take a look and play with the testers if we have them. A lot of the Japanese lipsticks are very expensive so I usually stay away from them.

Lou - Great to see you here! Congrats on your new job! Is it the same industry as your old one? Hope to see your posts in the next two weeks and best wishes at the new job. With specktra you can't feel too lonely. ;)

katred

Specktra Bestie
Happy thanksgiving! Hope you all had a good meal and celebration.

katred - Not sure if there is Sensai in my country, but we have Kanebo. Maybe I can take a look and play with the testers if we have them. A lot of the Japanese lipsticks are very expensive so I usually stay away from them.

Lou - Great to see you here! Congrats on your new job! Is it the same industry as your old one? Hope to see your posts in the next two weeks and best wishes at the new job. With specktra you can't feel too lonely. ;)
My understanding is that they have different brands- "Katie" is their more mass market brand, whereas "Sensai" is their super-high end one (and mostly focused on skin care, but they have these interesting looking lipsticks). If you happen to see them, I'd love to know your thoughts.

Here's the link to their lipsticks on NM.

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod92160003&parentId=cat23290752&masterId=cat23090731&index=7&isEditorial=false&cmCat=cat000000cat000285cat4830738cat000294cat23090731cat23290752

Miss QQ

The lipstick looks so creamy and glossy in the pic. I didn't see Sensai at the store. I believe you are refering to Kate, and it is available at drug stores. In department stores we have Lunasol and Coffret D'or only.
Anyone seen Anna Sui spring collection? I only have an Anna Sui white mirror compact and never was into their products. The blushes look divine, especially the blue highlighter! I am also interested in the cheek brush. http://www.fruitylashes.com/anna-sui-spring-2012-collection-make-up-theme-rose-fairy-8495/

bis

The lipstick looks so creamy and glossy in the pic. I didn't see Sensai at the store. I believe you are refering to Kate, and it is available at drug stores. In department stores we have Lunasol and Coffret D'or only.
Anyone seen Anna Sui spring collection? I only have an Anna Sui white mirror compact and never was into their products. The blushes look divine, especially the blue highlighter! I am also interested in the cheek brush. http://www.fruitylashes.com/anna-sui-spring-2012-collection-make-up-theme-rose-fairy-8495/
Thanks for posting the link, I always like her products, but they are so hard to get here.