The Dupe Thread: If you have... you don't really need...

natjotua

dupes?

i couldnt find a thread where there's a list of products that could pass for mac dupes! Correct me if i'm wrong, but i just wanna know -- because babygirl is on a budget! =)

andrrea

From BBR:

Femme-fi similar to Shroom
Apres-Ski similar Copperplate
Knight similar to Knight Divine

MAC_Whore

Re: dupes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by natjotua
i couldnt find a thread where there's a list of products that could pass for mac dupes! Correct me if i'm wrong, but i just wanna know -- because babygirl is on a budget! =)

Merged with existing thread on this topic.

cocomia

If you have...

Lychee Luxe then you don't really need Red Devil (BBR)

Rich and Ripe (Cult of Cherry) then you don't really need Strawberry Blonde (BBR)

VGV lipglass then you don't really need Soft Wave lipglass (on my lips, at least)

j_absinthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelodyAngel
Hi,

I have Electro l/s from Neo Sci-Fi, and I really want Coral Polyp l/s from Dame Edna...are they very close? Or different enough to justify having both?

Thanks!
winks.gif

Electro is an orange, Coral Polyp is a coral- it has more red in it.

myystiqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvmac
If you have Embark, you don't really need Handwritten.

oh for real?? thanks... i already have embark and almost got handwritten..

iluvmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by myystiqueen
oh for real?? thanks... i already have embark and almost got handwritten..

This is what they look to me, yes. Embark is maybe a little plummier, but the two shades are really similar.

hawaii02

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocomia
If you have...

Lychee Luxe then you don't really need Red Devil (BBR)

Rich and Ripe (Cult of Cherry) then you don't really need Strawberry Blonde (BBR)

VGV lipglass then you don't really need Soft Wave lipglass (on my lips, at least)

RNR is not the same as Strawberry Blonde. SB is a tad more red on my medium-pigmented lips.

FiestyFemme

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvmac
This is what they look to me, yes. Embark is maybe a little plummier, but the two shades are really similar.

I actually find Handwritten to be plummier. I actually got it as a cooler toned version of Embark. I personally need both, but other people might not.

Lapis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulcemiel
Some of these might be repeated from earlier but I was pasting from my spreadsheet. I always ask MA if they recommend dups for discontinued colors that I am curious about so hope this helps...

clarity instead of electric eel steamy instead of shimmermoss Thunder(original Catherine D)=Seedy Pearl Relaxing=Naked Lunch Prismique= Forgery DBoheimia=Paradisco red in mylady=coppering & passionate FERTILE--> PARFAIT AMOUR blended with a bit of BEAUTY MARKED Eye Shadow. GLEAM and AMBER LIGHTS Eye Shadows blended together. ">SAY YEAH---> GLEAM and AMBER LIGHTS Eye Shadows blended together. NEXT TO NOTHING---> PHLOOF! Eye ShadowGENTLE LENTIL Shadestick is still available, and CONSTRUCTIVIST Paint Pot is the best alternative. Retrospeck instead of Magic Dust(Barbie Collection) Bateau=Brun Innuendo=Shale Almond Icing=VexFrench Grey=Fresh cement shadestick Demi Sweet=Trax Gateaux=Phloof Greensmoke Eye Shadow for Fiction, blend Zonk Bleu and Chill together for Haunting. Stormwatch=Plummage Crème De Violet Eye Shadow for Stomp, Nylon Eye Shadow for Amazon,For Elite, try Woodwinked eyeshadow instead. Banshee: Quarry (greyed pink) with Honesty (bronzed pewter shimmer). It is the closest match that we can recommend for your needs. Hey= anything light like Beaded, or Gleam Howzat= Plumage contrast=Blue Noir Say Yeah eyeshadow is actually hard to replicate - it’s a peach-pink highlighter, very light, but also quite frosty. I would recommend trying Jest or All That Glitters, though. For Goldbit, use VANILLA Pigment or NAKED LUNCH Eye ShadowFab & Flashy - use RULE Matte Eye Shadow over GOLDMINE Eye ShadowShimma - Fresh Cement ShadestickDe Menthe - Humid or SteamyFlirty Number - SATIN TAUPE Frost & TRAX Velvet Eye ShadowsIntoxicate - Shadowy Lady Llama - Blanc TypeMetamorph - JUXT Satin over FROSTLITE FluidlineSensualize - TEMPTING Lustre Eye ShadowSummer Neutral - MAGRITTES Paint meet the fleet=PrintPandemonium=Knight devineRite of Spring = Pink Opal; ; Fun Fun = Pervette; Comet Blue = Turquatic Glitter + gloss; Ms. Fizz = Flashmode (maybe)Lovely Lily = Pink Opal + Violet; Illegal Cargo = perm, try Shale; LE try Thunder, Pearl of the Earth; Pandamonium = Knight Divine; Don’t Be Shy = Well Dressed; Pomposity = New York Apple + Girl About Town; Funtabulous = Flashmode lustreglassOther Worldly = Raizin Patina Eye Shadow is a great dupe for Girl Meets Boy Eye Shadow And Forgery Eye Shadow for Prismique

Hon I'm dyslexic and this just jumbles for me, do you mind putting some spaces in please.
Thanks

Prototype83

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.C. head.
If you have Steamy, you don't need Talent Pool. Steamy has a tinge of green, but they're very similar.

Agreed! I tracked down Talent Pool and bought it only to see that they were pretty much the same

chickatthegym

I just scored a 226 Brush today! (Macys' MAC counter and she dug and found that very last one!!) I don't have a 224 but I have a Stila brush that is tapered that I use for blending also. Do I need a 224 if I have a 226?

chickatthegym

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrrea
From BBR:

Femme-fi similar to Shroom
Apres-Ski similar Copperplate
Knight similar to Knight Divine

Thanks so much! I have Femme-Fi and was acutally going to pick up a shroom. But wont now. To me, if they are even similar I don't want doubles because I am not one of those people who notice the slight differences lol.

MAChostage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursee81
are there any dupes for woodwinked. Is rice paper a good dupe?

Oh, gosh no, Ricepaper is not anything like Woodwinked. Not at all. I've not seen a dupe for Woodwinked. I think the combination of its color and texture make it hard to match.

zipperfire

Re: Ricepaper vs. Femme Fi ?

Femme Fi and Ricepaper are quite similar; Femme Fi has a bit of a greyish tinge to the gold-pale white.

cocomia

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaii02
RNR is not the same as Strawberry Blonde. SB is a tad more red on my medium-pigmented lips.

Mmm really? On me, R&R is the redder one. I suppose the way they look will really differ, depending on the skin tone of the wearer. I'm NC40 with pigmented lips, so that's really a far cry from your NW20. Maybe my darker skin shows less difference in their pigmentation.

And so this post will not be so off topic...
Prestige's Waterproof Eyeliner in 07 Granite seems to be a good dupe for Phone Number Eye Kohl
smiles.gif