The Dupe Thread: If you have... you don't really need...

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinstar
Is there a dupe for Sunbasque blush? Maybe an MSF even?

Not sure the only one I know is Gingerly and it is in the perm line with Sunbasque....Eversun was close as well
peachtwist2.jpg
margin.jpg

eversun.jpg

Rinstar

Thanks, I think I am going to get Sunbasque, I just wanted to make sure I didn't have anything similar already!

cocodivatime

Wondering if there is a dupe for these blushes? Just wondering incase I already have something similar.

-Fleur Power
-Lovething mineralize blush
-Hot Planet mineralize blush
-Intenso mineralize blush
-Loverush

Ode to Joy

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle79
Is it me or is Charred & Pandamonium the same exact color?

Quote:
Originally Posted by macluvermre
^^It's not just you, it's me too! They are the same to me too and Knight e/s is not far behind them...

And Knight Divine is similar to Knight
amuse.gif

On me Knight Divine doesn't have that pearly shimmer I see on FOTDs of others, which one of the three other e/s mentioned would be better?

CoralBlast

^personally i find that the difference is slight in color, i have both and i think cranberry is more intense colorwise but star violet is a veluxe pearl. nothing beats that texture so i don't think you need both and i still reach more for my star violet than cranberry.
i am NC25 if that helps.

Sojourner

Anyone know of a dupe for 'Hold My Gaze' e/s from the MAC Holiday 'Sorceress' palette? This colour is lovely but the rest of the palette doesn't interest me so don't want to buy it for just one e/s...

petitetamtam

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTasFCUK
Is there any dupes for:

-style snob e/s
-grand entrance e/s

I find nacked lunch quite similar to gand entrance

Aimishu

ok guys i'm quite confused and i keep thinking about it the who day already. i want to expand my collection and purples and silver/greys are next.

Don't know which one to get. here it goes.

Nocturnelle - Fig 1. (i have sketch) planning on getting Satellite Dreams as well.
Print - Scene - typographic

thanks so much

FiestyFemme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimishu
ok guys i'm quite confused and i keep thinking about it the who day already. i want to expand my collection and purples and silver/greys are next.

Nocturnelle - Fig 1. (i have sketch) planning on getting Satellite Dreams as well.

thanks so much

I find Fig.1 to be more versatile... I prefer my crease color to be matte or satin, so I don't get much use out of Nocturnelle.

chickatthegym

Here are a couple more MAC dupes:

If you have Cranberry, you don't need Sweet Chestnut (and Vice versa).

If you have Next to Nothing, you don't need Shroom...

If you have Sharp, you don't need Bitter (I think that's been said already)...

If you have Dark Edge, you do'nt need Mystery or Brun...

If you have Tempting, you don't need Buckwheat...

If you have Deep Truth you don't need Contrast (or Blue Flame)...

If you have Yogurt, you don't need Lightfall...

If you have Smudged Violet, you don't need Shale...

If you have Signed, Sealed you don't need Shadowy Lady...

**These colors are VERY similar on me, but of course they won't look the same on everyone**

ms. kendra

Quote:

thanks so much

I have Nocturnelle and it's a great deep purple. I use it in my crease, and it works well with browns.

chickatthegym

Quote:

thanks so much

Here is Nocturnelle swatched with some of my purples
smiles.gif

PurpleEyeShadows.jpg

BTW Deep Feelings and Cassette (from the Heatherette Trio) are identical dupes
smiles.gif

ms. kendra

I love it when you guys posts swatches for reference! And thanks to everyone who answers questions that have probably been asked a million times.

I wonder if I can still find Casette somewhere? I saw a MUA on YT use it and have been in lust ever since.

Aimishu

thanks FiestyFemme, Ms Kendra!!

Huge kudos to chickaatthegym for the swatch pic!! i agree with ms. kendra as well. Swatches makes our (makeup?) lives easier! :p

Oh well.. still havent made up my mind yet. From what i've seen on swatches the difference between Nocturnelle and Fig 1. is the shimmer. right? Do some of you think it doesnt matter which one i take with my skintone? NC44

FiestyFemme

Quote:
thanks FiestyFemme, Ms Kendra!!

Huge kudos to chickaatthegym for the swatch pic!! i agree with ms. kendra as well. Swatches makes our (makeup?) lives easier! :p

Oh well.. still havent made up my mind yet. From what i've seen on swatches the difference between Nocturnelle and Fig 1. is the shimmer. right? Do some of you think it doesnt matter which one i take with my skintone? NC44

Without going to look at them, I believe Fig.1 is much more red-based than Nocturnelle. Nocturnelle is more of a pink-based purple, so they're very different on me. I'm around an NC15/20 though, so I'm not sure how much of a difference that makes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickatthegym
If you have Tempting, you don't need Buckwheat or Go!...

Gotta disagree with this! On me, Tempting is a true golden bronze, while Go has serious olive tones. I wouldn't really compare these two at all!