The Dupe Thread: If you have... you don't really need...

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugenia
If you do not need (to be) going bananas, you really should not open this thread!
lmao.gif

I was interested in the messages about springtime skipper and aquavert both being close to juxt. But then when you look at those two (ss and aq) together, they seem quite differents.

Anyway, the SA at the store told me, as I was staring down the juxt, that if I had aquavert I didn't need it.

Also, that new cosmic from moonbathe is very similar (just lighter) than amber lights. Not sure if same texture.

Now, the bottom line is that all of us do not need any more MAC e/s!

This is true, however it isn't stopping any of us from getting more. This thread only helps us try and convience ourselves that we don't need the shadows that we want.

I think Springtime Skipper has a much better texture and sheen that Juxt or Aquavert, and is worth the money, but that's just my opinion.

tiramisu

night light pigment you don't need sumptous olive. They look the same on my skin tone. CRAP! LOL

claresauntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiramisu
night light pigment you don't need sumptous olive. They look the same on my skin tone. CRAP! LOL

Really!? I don't think so- at least for me. I'm NW15, by the way.

I don't feel any great affection for Night Light, but would fight you if you tried to take my Sumptious Olive away!
thmbup.gif

Twinkle_Twinkle

A Couple of Duping Questions - How Similar Are:

* Anti-Establishment and Silver Ring?

* Little Minx & Beautiful Iris? Little Minx and Shale?

* Say Yeah and Shroom? What about Sunday Best and Shroom?

* Flirty Number and Sable?

* Orange Tangent and Fab & Flashy?

* Coppering and Sunspolsion?

* Fertile and Mystical Mist?

* Mythology and Sensualize?

* Wishful and Nylon?

* Moonflower and Prose and Fancy?

And could someone suggest dupes for Banshee, Bagatalle, Oceanique, Hippnotique, Gladabout, and Earlthy Delight? Thank you in advance for your insights!

AppleDiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle

* Wishful and Nylon?

And could someone suggest dupes for Banshee, Bagatalle, Oceanique, Hippnotique, Gladabout, and Earlthy Delight? Thank you in advance for your insights!

* Anti-Establishment and Silver Ring? A-E is a tad darker in the pot, but the colors are very similar

* Fertile and Mystical Mist? Very similar
* Coppering and Sunspolsion? Coppering, Antiqued and Gladabout are very similar. Sunsplosion maybe as well.

tiramisu

Quote:
Originally Posted by claresauntie
Really!? I don't think so- at least for me. I'm NW15, by the way.

I don't feel any great affection for Night Light, but would fight you if you tried to take my Sumptious Olive away!
thmbup.gif

Well you're wrong, you have to be...
th_remoteImage-61.gif
ssad.gif
how can this be? I wish they were different on me, but for some reason, NOT. The finish of SO is slightly more gold-khaki, but not noticeable on me enough to warrant having this huge jar of pigment. My SO is from last year's (or the year before, too much MAC in the house) holiday pallette.. could it be slightly different that how the regular e/s pots were produced? I don't know!

Well, another reason for the forum, to see swatches on ppl!!

Dark_Phoenix

Brovado = Cranberry
(although Brovado is a bit lighter)

Tickles = Slip Pink
(slightly different finishes, both shiny)

NARS Mediteranee = Firespot
(the orange side of the Mediteranee duo is almost EXACTLY like firespot, although with more pigmented)

Twinkle_Twinkle

So are any of these worth getting if I have one or the other?

Quote:

* Wishful and Nylon?

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyesdancing
Mystical Mist is way more purple than Fertile. Hey that kinda rhymes hehe!

Thanx - I will keep an eye out for it then. You know, I think purple is the only word in the English language that does not rhyme with another. Weird huh.

erine1881

Quote:
So are any of these worth getting if I have one or the other?

prose and fancy & moonflower are a little similar. prose and fancy is more green, and moonflower is more blue with slight shimmer (different enough though imo to get both).

little minx, beautiful iris and shale are all completely different.

say yeah is different than shroom. shroom has no color really (on light skin) and say yeah is a peachy-gold.

mythology and sensualize are completely different as well. mythology is more of a rusty amber, and sensualize is similar in color to mulch with a bit of red to it.

fertile and mystical mist are both dark purples, but mystical mist is more blue-based.

anti-establishment is just a hair darker than silver ring (a-e is not as metallic as sr).

flirty number and sable are completely different. sable is brown, flirty number is a taupey color.

orange tangent is more of a washed-out orange. fab & flashy is a true orange, sunplosion is tang (the drink, hahaha) orange. coppering is more of a red-copper (way different than sunplosion.

hope that helps you make your decision as to what to buy!

neeshie

Quote:

I think oceanique is similar to vex.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeshie
I think oceanique is similar to vex.

Thanx! Does anyone know how Lounge Wear from the Boudoir Hues Quad compares to Little Minx? Thank ya kindly!

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleDiva
Is PetalPoint from Stange Hybrid similar to AfterDusk from MoonBathe?

No, not really. Petal Point is a lighter pink, and a Frost. After Dusk is a Sheertone Shimmer and it's a redder color, similar to Ambering Rose with a gold shimmer. Also Petal Point is cooler and After Dusk is warm.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleDiva
Is PetalPoint from Stange Hybrid similar to AfterDusk from MoonBathe?

afterdusk is like nymphette lipglass for your cheeks!

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobsteriffic
Are Shadowy Lady and Fertile at all similar?

Shadowy Lady is deeper than Fertile, and also a matte. I also think that Shadowy Lady is basically the deepest darkest plum ever, whereas Fertile is a bit of a truer purple, there are similarities though. Fertile is very similar to Entremauve pigment. Did that help at all?

Latest posts