the eagles let hank baskett go to make room for michael vick

Lapis

Was Hank the better player?
If he hadn't married Kendra would we know who he was? I doubt, only sports freaks would know who he was!
They let him go and kept injured players, who aren't even playing!! Hellooo doesn't that say a whole lot?!
I think the team looked at who would show and prove and Hank just wasn't that player, it's that simple, Hank is not a first rate player, he's good but not great in anyone's opinion.
Plus give me a break Lenoard Little and Stallworth both actually KILLED PEOPLE, and still played, Vick bankrolled dog fights, somehow if the murders deserve jobs, so does the dog fight dude!

Becca sorry about your stripper/teacher friend but most teachers sign moral clauses! For just this reason, noble strippers don't warm many parents hearts at all.
She probably did sign and never read her contact fully so she had no idea, but it's a fire-able offense in most school districts my dh worked in the school system didn't teach but still had the clause in his contract.

As a mother I do have to say I teach my kids stars are people and fuc* up all the time, take them for what they can do but don't look to them to be perfect, it's a much easier way to raise a kid instead of wondering how to explain nude pics of HSM stars or singers beating up their gf's

MAC_Pixie04

Quote:
Originally Posted by stronqerx
That's really messed up. I can't believe they did that....why would any team in their right mind allow him to play for them after what he did? I don't understand.....even if he is that good of a player...whyy?

BECAUSE HE'S A GOOD PLAYER. It's got nothing to do with what he did; that team hired him because of his ability as a good athlete, not because of his record as a "bad citizen" or whatever people want to call him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gildedangel
I hate what Vick did, but he did pay his debt to society. I however don't think that it is fair to fire someone to make room for Vick, if they had an opening then I would understand but to fire someone to hire a convicted felon?
nonono.gif

Because it's the NFL, not Walmart. Standard labor practices and ethics don't exactly apply here. Again...athlete vs. person. They choose athletes based on physical ability and prowess, not based on personality and morals (unfortunately). Whether or not he funded dogfights won't win games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1124
I agree he has paid his debt to society it is not our job to continue punishing him....and it's business ....The NFL/NBA all pro sports teams do it everyday ...they let star players go and replace them with others...It is only a big deal to people because it is M Vick....I have had a lot of my favorite players cut ...yeah it sucks but again it's Business and the way of the sports world...i guess so basically...I really don't care that much anymore...it happens...and I don't care that it was M Vick versus another player replacing him....

Exactly. Tish it's like you're dancing in my head. Plaxico anyone? Dumbfuck lol I think any team picking up Michael Vick is looking forward to some publicity, because everybody's going to wanna know how he does after what he's been through (for lack of a better phrase, I don't personally think he's "been through" anything he didn't deserve) and it's going to create a media following, a curiosity. People are ready to see him back on the field, they'll wanna know if any of the last 2 or 3 years has changed him as not only a person but mostly as a player.

Quote:
Agreed...But they probably looked at it as Hiring a Star Quarterback versus Hiring a Convicted Felon.

Exactly! If I had a football team and a violent ex-con ran faster than a former pastor at tryouts...I'd be friends with the former pastor but you best believe I'd sign the shit out of the quick-ass ex-con (and watch him very very closely lol)

MAC_Pixie04

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss sha
Just because Vick did jail time doesn't mean that he should be absolved of what he's done. Murderers and rapists get off easy all of the time, being allowed back into the world after paltry sentences or not being prosecuted at all. Just because they've been through the government's justice system doesn't mean justice has actually been served.

No offense: are you serious? Nobody's "absolving" him of a crime. If this was a regular person, do you think dogfighting charges would stop a corporation from hiring him if he were the most qualified? I love animals as much as the next person, but you seriously just compared murder and rape to dogfighting. I'm sure families of murder victims and victims of sexual assault would vehemently disagree with you.

You may correct me if I got that wrong by reading it. We're talking the NFL here; the man isn't guarding the White House or anything.

TISH1124

No one is throwing cookie dough at Martha Stewart!

But again....She was a different kind of Felon...forgotzzzzz

hello_my_apple

lmao@ him working at taco bell. who cares what he does i wont get any richer or poorer over mike vick and his crimes. stop beating a dead horse, let the man play football, because i wanna watch!

MAC_Pixie04

I once jaywalked, and had to do community service and pay a $79 ticket...but I got clean and got a job as a school crossing guard.

But then all the parents found out I was a convicted jaywalker, protested and got me fired.

So now I'm a preschool bus driver...no walking necessary!
greengrin.gif

(This is me being up since 5am. Stoopid.)

Makeupaddict88

I'm sorry. As a pitbull owner, I see what I have to go through day in and day out to defend the breed. What he did absolutely disgusts me. Because of him, it gave the breed and even worse name. It doesn't matter if he was famous or not, it's a crime. He should of gotten more than that considering what he was doing. But because he has money and a name he got off a little easy. He shouldn't have been signed back to the NFL AT all. Why should he continue making millions and acting like this never happened? Give me a break.

Also, Nike just signed him back for sponsorship. I already know people who are boycotting that as well. I think it's stupid and uncalled for how people stick up for him and say to leave him alone and let him live his life. Let me beat the shit out of you, make you fight other people when you don't want to, and then not feed you and tell me how YOU feel after a couple days.

BEA2LS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeupaddict88
I'm sorry. As a pitbull owner, I see what I have to go through day in and day out to defend the breed. What he did absolutely disgusts me. Because of him, it gave the breed and even worse name. It doesn't matter if he was famous or not, it's a crime. He should of gotten more than that considering what he was doing. But because he has money and a name he got off a little easy. He shouldn't have been signed back to the NFL AT all. Why should he continue making millions and acting like this never happened? Give me a break.

Also, Nike just signed him back for sponsorship. I already know people who are boycotting that as well. I think it's stupid and uncalled for how people stick up for him and say to leave him alone and let him live his life. Let me beat the shit out of you, make you fight other people when you don't want to, and then not feed you and tell me how YOU feel after a couple days.

i also am a pitbull mommy (and i love my baby brindle!) and i agree that he disgusts me. I think his sentence was nothing and he should have been punished more. i live in eagle terrority and have gotten in very heated discussions about him but he is a disgusting excuse for a human. if he treats animals that way who knows what he could do to people.

Makeupaddict88

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEA2LS
i also am a pitbull mommy (and i love my baby brindle!) and i agree that he disgusts me. I think his sentence was nothing and he should have been punished more. i live in eagle terrority and have gotten in very heated discussions about him but he is a disgusting excuse for a human. if he treats animals that way who knows what he could do to people.

Exactly. Honestly people really don't understand unless they own one. I see the looks I get when I'm out walking with my dog, or the way people like scatter off the sidewalk like he is a walking, killing machine. It's really annoying and if people just sat for an hour in my house, they would realize my pug is 10x more tougher than he ever will be haha.

BEA2LS

I agree it breaks my heart because my baby is so friendly and everyone is so scared
ssad.gif

nothing anyone says could every change my mind.. justice was not served.

edit: i just wanted to add that i know someone who committed a very small non-violent crime and still cannot find work anywhere - not even for minimum wage yet this felon gets millions a year again.

TISH1124

people were afraid of Pitbulls far before this incident trust me...My brother has two and has had them for over 8 years and people have ALWAYS gotten off the sidewalk when he walks them and they are harmless ....It's so funny how all of sudden now people wanna act like others are just getting afraid of Pits due to the Vick incident.....

I am personally glad when anyone can apologize, admit they did wrong and get their life back on track...I guess this is where my belief in God comes in and I am not a vengeful person...

I bought a new pair of Nikes today....LOL oh well...sucks I won't do without things just to spite another person...

Vick did not invent Pitbull fighting...Just FYI ...he is NOT the begin or end of it

BEA2LS

I realize that he did not invent pitbull fighting and I know people were scared of my dog long before the incident.

But like I said nothing will change my mind or how I feel.

Makeupaddict88

Quote:
people were afraid of Pitbulls far before this incident trust me...My brother has two and has had them for over 8 years and people have ALWAYS gotten off the sidewalk when he walks them and they are harmless ....It's so funny how all of sudden now people wanna act like others are just getting afraid of Pits due to the Vick incident.....

I am personally glad when anyone can apologize, admit they did wrong and get their life back on track...I guess this is where my belief in God comes in and I am not a vengeful person...

I bought a new pair of Nikes today....LOL oh well...sucks I won't do without things just to spite another person...

Vick did not invent Pitbull fighting...Just FYI ...he is NOT the begin or end of it

That's an awesome trait that you have. I just cannot forgive and forget that easily. Call me spiteful or hateful, but I just can't. I know he is not the beginning or the end, but he is in the spotlight and he knew what he was doing. No excuse, apology, or anything else for that matter will change what he did. I don't care if he was some poor bum doing it for an extra quick buck, it's illegal and a crime and he knew it and so does everybody else. Just because there are people out there doing it doesn't mean they won't get caught or they aren't in the wrong.

If pitbull owners were getting any closer to people accepting the breed, we were all just knocked 10 steps back because of an incident like this. Anytime there is any "negative" press, there will always be backlash. I don't care if Vick, my neighbor, the president or some CEO does it. It doesn't help their reputation and will continue to shadow the breed as killers.

TISH1124

^^ I 100% understand what you are saying...However it is not a Trait...it's just called being "God fearing" But I understand if you or anyone else feel the way you feel... everyone is entitled to either forgive or not in all circumstances ...I never mentioned forgetting...That is an entirely different thing than forgiving....I forgive but I never forget

Lapis

All I want to know is why people aren't doing something about the players who drive drunk and kill PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
See Vick will never own a dog again but these as*holes get the right to drive and atleast 1 was drinking and drinking AFTER he killed someone!
Yet no one says anything about them, and it's blowing my mind!

BEA2LS

to be honest i was talking about vick last night with my friends and i am pretty sure if he really wanted a dog again he'd find a way to get one.

that said, of course nobody likes when people get harmed or killed.. but it seems that nobody really sticks up for helpless animals.. i know this is cold but i like dogs better than people. i mean everyone has their opinion and i respect that 100% and i of course would chose a human's life over an animals anyday but if i had to pick a cause to stand up for it would be animals.

Half N Half

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapis
All I want to know is why people aren't doing something about the players who drive drunk and kill PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
See Vick will never own a dog again but these as*holes get the right to drive and atleast 1 was drinking and drinking AFTER he killed someone!
Yet no one says anything about them, and it's blowing my mind!

Of course people care about players who are out there driving drunk & putting people's lives at risk. I just think that people are less outraged by it because first of all we hear about drunk drivers everyday and a lot more people out there would consider drunk driving an accident and a "mistake". I don't think most people who are out there getting in their cars after a night of partying are thinking "damn I'm drunk and I feel like hitting someone with my car and killing them".

Less people would consider PURPOSELY chosing to torture and kill animals a "mistake". This was an ongoing thing that Vick was doing. He knew exactly what he was doing! I'm not excusing drunk driving in any way, but you have to be one SICK ASS person to do that to innocent animals. That's how serial killers get started!

BEA2LS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half N Half
Of course people care about players who are out there driving drunk & putting people's lives at risk. I just think that people are less outraged by it because first of all we hear about drunk drivers everyday and a lot more people out there would consider drunk driving an accident and a "mistake". I don't think most people who are out there getting in their cars after a night of partying are thinkink "damn I'm drunk and I feel like hitting someone with my car and killing them".

Less people would consider PURPOSELY chosing to torture and kill animals a "mistake". This was an ongoing thing that Vick was doing. He knew exactly what he was doing! I'm not excusing drunk driving in any way, but you have to be one SICK ASS person to do that to innocent animals. That's how serial killers get started!

yea really that's the thing i am stuck on.. it is a proven fact that people who torture animals will or have move on to harm humans. someone who has such little disrepest for life can be capable of anything!

Makeupaddict88

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEA2LS
to be honest i was talking about vick last night with my friends and i am pretty sure if he really wanted a dog again he'd find a way to get one.

that said, of course nobody likes when people get harmed or killed.. but it seems that nobody really sticks up for helpless animals.. i know this is cold but i like dogs better than people. i mean everyone has their opinion and i respect that 100% and i of course would chose a human's life over an animals anyday but if i had to pick a cause to stand up for it would be animals.

I feel the same. I think it's because apart of me realizes they can't scream out for somebody to help them. They are really helpless unless somebody says something, or somebody steps in and does something about it.

hello_my_apple

right. he didn't hurt my dog. so i can forgive him. he probably gives two shits if people forgive him or not, youre going to walk around harboring(?) hateful spiteful thoughts about him and he's getting richer. i mean what more do you guys want him to do?! you want him to get life for dogs? Holy Christ people get over it! this is not something worth getting gray hairs over, your dog is fine, the dogs that could have been rescued are fine (remember the shelter made a reality show called ' the micheal vick dogs *rolls eyes*) there is nothing more to do here.