The Elderly...

s33lo

I want to work at one of my local makeup counters,the problem?
Alot of Elderly or should I say "older" women tend to visit and shop at these counters and, Im not at all familiar with their faces.What can I do to accentuate these beautiful mature ladies?

th_DANCE.gif

erine1881

i'd use the term "mature" women rather than old or older.

the key is to not use a lot of shimmer or glittery products. this just accentuates lines and wrinkles. you can use a little shimmer for a brow highlight (not alot of wrinkles on the brow bone), and stick to more matte or even satin finishes everywhere else. use more moisturizing products such as skincare and cream blushes, and transfer-resistant liners so they don't transfer when the looser brow skin touches it. also use a lip primer and pencil to define the lip area a bit more.

Kiseki

Moisturizing foundations are preferable to make the skin soft and supple, depending on their skin tone a slighty peach toned blush is more flattering than pink, avoid glitter, frost and shimmer because they will attract (and reflect) light drawing attention to lines, go with a satin finish eyeshadow if they want a light dewy finish to their shades.

Prep the lips and line to avoid bleeding and shy away from lip gloss, using semi-matte or matte lipsticks.

aleksis210

It'll be SO easy, most older women already know what they like! Light shimmer is okay because it refracts light from the eye and disguises the wrinkles...just avoid anything glittery..another thing I always avoided is really dark colors (this includes liner and too much mascara).

YSLGuy

I agree....most of the mature ladies will already know what works for them.

I find they are easier to show to new eyeshadow colors, but the hardest is lipstick. They are usually so firm on the color they put on thier lips that its always so hard to help them pick a color.

Also, a lot of those women are not into bronzers but if you apply it right with a great cheek color and show them how subtle a difference it can make and warm up thier complexions they mostly will go for it.

Stay away from thick/heavy concealers as it settles into creases under the eye really really bad. Better to find a lighter texture concealer for under the eye.

kimmy

i'd stay away from foundation if possible, as it will most likely settle into lines and wrinkles like yslguy mentioned in referrence to concealers.

i agree with erine on using moisturizing products, and definately use primers to help the makeup from moving/roaming.

YSLGuy

Also, more mature women have lines around the mouth/lips and lipstick tends to bleed more so go for longer wearing lipstics, and defintely use a liner.

Fill in the whole mouth with the liner to lengthen the wearability of a lipstick. You must also do well with lip stains.