The Hair "Crack" ...are they for real?

MACLovin

shockt.gif

Quote:
At Chicago's Asha SalonSpa, clients are going for a service known as "The Crack," in which a one-inch-wide and three-inch-high section right above the nape of the neck is shaved (sort of a stripe up the middle, from the neck up).

Just.... WHYY??!
th_crazy2.gif
fool.gif

9-25-08_570_0.xlarger.JPG

I hope this isn't the beginning of a new wave of post-brain surgery looking hairstyles.
amazed.gif
I'm not sure what the appeal is here....

MORE PICS & the rest of the article:
The Crack at Asha SalonSpa in Chicago | Hair, The Crack | BellaSugar - Beauty, Hair, & Skin.

The one with the red stripe isn't AS bad.. but what's the point of shaving the middle and putting a hair piece there? Why not just cut a chunk shorter, like an upside-down mohawk, and dye it red if that's really the look you're going for?
th_dunno.gif

I swear, some people just try way too hard to be different. Having your own unique style is one thing, but being utterly ridiculous is another.. holy crap.

pat

ew wtf?!

It's like a reverse mohawk...

To each his own, but damn that is really stepping outside the box.

Thumbs down for me.

burnitdown_x

The red one is kind of cute actually... but shaving a strip down the middle of your head is just... wtf. I can't find the appeal in it at all.

Dreamergirl3

i don't really care for the shaved strip, but I like the idea of the red shorter hair poking out. I think it looks cute when in a ponytail.

aleksis210

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenLeiBlu
You gotta be ON crack to seriously consider doing this to your hair.

lmao yes you do!

nibjet

I'm a stylist, and I have a pretty good poker face, but if a client asked for this, I don't think I could control my expression. It looks ridiculous, and I can't figure out why they shave it bald if the objective is to have a bit of color in there. Why wouldn't you just cut that section to an 1 1/2" or whatever?

*edit* ^ I re-read this article on another site today, and realized that's exactly what the aveda girl was doing. >_<

When I worked for chain salons they'd always send us trendwatch videos, where they'd do these beautiful precise cuts and color and then screw it up. One that stands out is a Paul Mitchell video where they did a gorgeous sleek bob, then took scissors across the top of it, cutting random hairs to an inch long which they dyed red and had stand up like a rooster. Yeahh.

Pushpa

lol i totally had this mine was purple...but its pretty played out now

i loved it it was something to make my ponytails interesting

to each his own its only hair imo

user79

The one on the soccer mom just looks like she had surgery on her head and they had to shave her scalp! lol

Terrible...