The Krispy Kreme Diet!

palmetto_barbie

I'm going to write a book called 'The Krispy Kreme Diet'...seriously. I know it goes against everything anyone ever hears about losing weight and staying in shape, but I think it really works in REALITY compared to most silly deprivation diets. I have the biggest sweet tooth ever...I can seriously just DEVOUR an entire can of cake icing. Healthy, right? Ok maybe not. But since I have an uncontrollable sweet tooth(I read somewhere the foods you love are what your mom ate when she was pregnant with you...and all mine ate was donuts and cadbury eggs...thanks mommy!)...if I try and just eat healthy I get angry and end up binging. I feel like if I eat my favorite food in the morning(Krispy Kreme!)..I end up feeling satisfied the rest of the day because I didn't deprive myself. I only eat one, so there's portion control & it's only about 300cals with NO trans fats, but I still get what I want. That's just a little tip
smiles.gif

Aremisia

I totally agree with you! I know that it sounds counterintuitive, but I think that when I "allow" myself a treat--even if I don't end up eating it, I am better able to stick to an overall healthy diet and end up exercising more. Deprivation has never worked for me. No matter what it is, if I tell myself that I can't have it, I look for any way to make it mine! Taking something off of the "off limits" list makes it much less likely that I will binge later.

PS I have been known to eat frosting straight out of the can as well. The rainbow chip is a major weakness for me!
drools.gif

RedRibbon

I'm back home this week and near where I live there is a Tescos which has a massive Krispy Kremes in it, they have a conveyor belt and you see the donuts coming down and being sprinkled with sugar..my brother brought a 12pack box out of which I barely ate half a donut..they're waaaaaaaaaaaaay too sugary for me (plus I only have to look at food and I put on about 10lbs). My brothers ate 5.5 donuts each in the space of an hour.

CantAffordMAC

I really cannot crave krispy kremes, there isnt one nearby at all. They are so f*cking good. A few summers ago, I went there with my mom a few times (in the duration of a summer) and we'd get a dozen donuts, and Id get this frozen mocha drink (like a starbucks frappe, before I discovered starbucks) That was like....................omg so good.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
th_drool.gif
I want one so bad now

Kayteuk

I can honestly say.... I have never eaten a single Krispy Kreme item. I dont know if I ever want to, I hate sweet things :p.

But it is interesting, when I am on a diet plan or just watching what I eat, I begin to crave random sweet things that I know I dont want.

SerenityRaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayteuk
I can honestly say.... I have never eaten a single Krispy Kreme item. I dont know if I ever want to, I hate sweet things :p.

But it is interesting, when I am on a diet plan or just watching what I eat, I begin to crave random sweet things that I know I dont want.

Must be nice to hate sweet things lol.

I have a sugar addiction comparative to a crack head lol. Its in hibernation mode now & I put it there. The less sugar you the less you crave
winks.gif

anita22

We don't have Krispy Kreme where I'm from, but at my old job there was a Dunkin Donuts very close to where I worked... OMG I used to eat so many, hahaha... I'm pretty sure I ate donuts for dinner on a couple of occasions
yummy.gif

Now that I'm in the UK I do miss my donuts, although whenever I see the Krispy Kremes at Tesco's here, I try to convert the cost from pounds into dollars and that's usually enough to stop me buying them!
yes.gif

kaliraksha

Hehe, I'm also into savory foods... I don't usually think that sweet breads are complex enough in flavor... they're one dimensional usually... just sugar, warm and soft... which does sound good... mmm, but I can think of many more savory foods I'd want to splurge on. I agree with the not depriving yourself, it's more about portion control.

RedRibbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeup Emporium
OMG...those aren't donuts it's an entire meal...I am so wanting to try these now. I have a terrible sweet tooth (and the ass to prove it)!!
lol.gif

lol.gif
My brother told me yesterday that one donut which has choclate inside, on the outside and has chocolate sprinkles contains as many calories as a Maccy Dees meal
shockt.gif
shockt.gif

I have a more savoury than sweet tooth as well, my parents both have sweet tooths as does my youngest brother, just me and the middle one who have the savoury tooth. Having said that, I go mad for these..

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/26/64...6d8388.jpg?v=0

User35

Being a cop I have a special place in my heart for donuts. I love krispy kreme sooooo much with some strong black coffee....YUM ! I dont eat them while working tho...cop and donut jokes are played out haha.

Im drooling like Homer Simpson right now thinking of donuts.

AlliSwan

The HOT NOW light is the bane of my existence...I haven't had a Krispy Kreme in probably 5 years because 1) I will eat 7 or 8 of them in one sitting and 2) After not having that much sugar in one sitting in 5+ years, it will cause a mega heart race/panic attack! At least it keeps me away....

celestia

I can never stop at one Krispy Kreme
ssad.gif
The moment I get to the counter, I need a dozen. When i've finished a dozen, I still want more. It's not as bad as my affinity for cotton candy/fairy floss though. I think people get sick thinking about how much of it I can eat in one sitting.

Having said that, I usually eat only when I'm out where I get pretty enthusiastic (sometimes misread as hyperactive 8D which is when the sugar does the talking)- so it's much better than lounging at home with a tub of fat free something else.

In fact, that's another reason I prefer something like a Krispy Kreme over fat-free foods. They're only better than non-fat-free if you're being proactive.

User38

my liver hurts just thinking of KK.. lol. I am on the MAster cleanse diet now -- not so much for weight but for a total cleansing of fats/cholesterol from my liver
ssad.gif