the lucky green hype.

jaci core

am i the only one who hasn't bought into this? haha.

everyone seems to love this color, and i don't see it to be anything special, especially because i own almost every other green made by mac.

does anyone else feel the same, or am i the only one?

Jennifer Mcfly

I kinda feel the same. I own lucky green and like it, but don't feel the need for a backup. I don't own Parrott and am sure could find something similar if I wanted to!
I feel like as soon as I run outta something, I'll be into something else. There are so many colors out there, why get stuck with the same few!

mac_obsession

I adore lucky green. Its not just the color, but the fact that it's a veluxe pearl and is like butta baby
greengrin.gif

Its also one of the first greens I could wear, that started me on the green kick
greengrin.gif

Jude

I don’t know if it is a matter of ‘buying’ into something as being excited about a product that works well for one particular person. I have every MAC green as well but none look as nice on me (Except for Humid) or have the super sweet texture and color payout that LG has for me. To each his own, I guess
smiles.gif

jaci core

hah!

i also have parrot as part of the jewel holiday 2004 whatever thing, and strangely enough, it's the color that i've used the least. it's real pretty, but i don't find myself reaching for it a whole lot.

i think i prefer satin or veluxe finishes, as opposed to veluxe pearl. they are pretty, but they are super shiny and sometimes that's not the look i'm going for.
winks.gif

Jennifer Mcfly

Wow! I didn't even know Lucky Green was a Veluxe Pearl. I might just have to dig dig dig it out of my drawer and play with it!

bluegrassbabe

I love it. I have several greens, but this one is special to me. The combination of my idea of the perfect green, and the veluxe pearl texture makes it one of my favorites.
It works well with brights and neutrals, and blends into everything.
My favorite LE ever was pretty twisted. After that, I learned to buy backups. I have 2 Lucky Greens waiting in the backup drawer.

pumpkincat210

I love Lucky Green, Veluxe Pearls are my favorite, and this was the only other green except for Sumptious Olive. This green reminds me of the jungle.

macchicaboom

I personally think Lucky Green is the best green shade I've come across. I <3 it! But I'm sure others think the same thing about greens that I don't necessarily care much for. =) Like Dopesickgirl said, to each her own!

Dawn

Administrator
Staff member
I have Hazel eyes and the Lucky Green seems to make them look more Green! I think it is my favorite green right now. Dawn

Brianne

I adore it, it's one of my favorite greens!
That said, I didn't get a backup because I haven't finished an e/s in ages.

pinkmilk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikaru-chan
I wish now I'd bought a backup of Lucky Green because it's such a pretty shade.

I have two backups... wanna swap for something?

rainbow

i simply adore my Lucky Green as well! its one of my fav green color now. maybe because i m fair hence the color looks really nice on me. 8) usually i pair it up with Elite. so far, i have received lotsa of compliment from friends and colleagues. hee.. maybe i ought to have a backup of the shade..

pinkmilk, is your 2 backup bnib?

lah_knee

i dont think its that great either! dont worry you arent alone
smiles.gif

its okay and i use it but ya im not that big a fan of veluxe pearls. they are almost TOO buttery. when i try to blend it it blends into nothing! it just fades away because its too soft. i think lucky green has a nice golden tone to it that adds great effect to certain looks but overall, its not a favorite.

PrettyKitty

I love my Lucky Green!

I'm a s*cker for LE stuff.... and Veluxe Pearl e/s!!

It's a pretty green, seriously. I rarely wear it, but I will NEVER swap it!

user4

it's def one of my fave greens.... im like 99% sure that humid is my fave... but lucky green is very close behind. i have on back up only though...