the manager can help u get in...no we can't...what??

diorgrl

So I've applied to two locations and have followed up.
One location is telling me it's good to give a good impression the manager and that it will help your chances -

The second location manager is saying "everything gets sent to head office and we have NOTHING to do with hiring. Head office calls if they want you"

WHAT? They're saying the opposite of eachother. Confused - anyone know what REALLY goes on?

Thanks!

erine1881

the manager used to be the one that would interview you if she was interested in you.

policy has now changed. all applications get sent to corporate, and if they like the look of your app & resume, then they contact the manager for a possible interview.

diorgrl

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
the manager used to be the one that would interview you if she was interested in you.

policy has now changed. all applications get sent to corporate, and if they like the look of your app & resume, then they contact the manager for a possible interview.

Thanks! The responses from both locations were very recent (last week)...what is confusing is that on this forum, I am reading situations about people getting just following up and "booking" interviews with the actual store manager...?? (also very recent situations)

any insight anyone?:confused:

diorgrl

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacesbyNiki
I say it's different for the region. Where are you located??

Im in Canada...

MisStarrlight

My manager would be the one to make the decision, but anything has to be approved by the SRM & MRO....lately we've been doing a lot of hiring from job fairs though. I don't know how people get selected for the job fair, however...that could be done through the head offices.