Re: OMFG - you guys have to see this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
Paging MAC_Whore...

th_LMAO.gif

ms.marymac

th_LMAO.gif

Just get a big Craftsman toolbox and paint the MAC logo on it. The lights are a nice touch, though.

redambition

hmmm. i wonder where it came from.

there is no denying that it is seriously cool, real or not. it's a mobile vanity!
th_drool.gif

panda0410

I dont know...lol....this seller has either had 4 of them - or - this is the same one he/she didnt sell the first 3 times
winks.gif

bebs

.. I dont know.. I dont really want the station.. I want the big mac box that it would come in.. so .. somebody buy it and send that to me..

ok the station would be hot too, is this for real?

nursie

it really looks incredible, and i immediately thought about mac_whore's collection sitting in there too
smiles.gif

i was in home depot over the weekend, and they actually have some better looking tool boxes now....one was all silver with no giant 'toolbox' logos all over it, it was really shaped just like this mac thingy, all you'd need to do is add a mirror and lights and it was $299

COBI

Here's the previous thread: http://specktra.net/f185/mother-all-train-cases-78640/

Mac_Whore (on that thread):
Those have to be for shows (Broadway or fashion type, that is). Those are pretty sweet. I would definitely like one. It still wouldn't hold all of my stuff!

duckduck (on that thread): I *suspect* that it is actually a traveling cabinet to be used at promo's & other major MAC events. I doubt it was ever sold, and if this is indeed authentic, I might wonder if it was illegally obtained. Anyone who works for MAC ever seen anything like this?

BlahWah

That is absolutely siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick! I want it, real or not!!!!! I couldn't stop laughing and staring - more b/c I was totally in disbelief than finding it funny, which my husband did. He couldn't stop shaking his head...

...but he did ask me if I'd like something like that. *awwww*

Labonte

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebs
.. I dont know.. I dont really want the station.. I want the big mac box that it would come in.. so .. somebody buy it and send that to me..

Lol I was thinking that too
winks.gif

Mizz.Yasmine

my son would roll that thing across our house or something lol id be like trying to find my makeup rolled in random spots haha

it is a bit sad that all a black box needs is a mac logo painted on and we'd wanna drop a thousand on it
ssad.gif
i hate being like that with shopping lol

MAC_Whore

Honestly, as fun as those look. I still question their authenticity. It would be super easy to take a reg station and add a MAC decal. Don't get me wrong. They are sweeeet and I would love to have one, just not at $1,900, as I think the seller is trying to use the MAC name to jack up the price (and it could be a fake at that).

I never saw any of those in use during my professional time with MAC. That isn't to say that they don't exist, just a mention that I never saw them.

Another angle, panda mentioned this is either the 4th time they have tried to sell it or it is the 4th one. Either way, this is kind of dubious on the seller's part as MAC makes it policy not to sell items like this.

Speaking of tool chests...I saw this cool stainless steel number at Costco the other day. It is almost 4 feet wide x almost 2 feet deep x almost 5 feet tall. I seriously stopped, thought about it and them moved on, as it just wouldn't match my furn, but great for a studio.

I doubt its authenticity too. If it is not authentic, I doubt if anyone would buy that drawer with that price though...
winks.gif

cupcake_x

I think the price is a bit much, but it's still pretty hot, I don't care if it's real or not!

And I thought I was cool owning the £200 MAC Case!
th_LMAO.gif

I wouldn't mind that big ol' thing, however; A. I would get it from a MAC Store and B. I'm not desperate enough to spend $1900.

Really nice looking thing though
yes.gif

Dahlia_Rayn

I totally want the Costco toolbox for my makeup, the only problem is that I would come home one day to find my makeup strewn across the bed, an old red Craftsman sitting in the closet, and my stainless box housing my husband's tools. We've discussed buying it, but can't seem to agree who gets to use it!

Meryl

It looks flimsy... don't ask how I can tell from a photo, I can just tell.

Anyway, I don't think it's legit...

MsCocoa

I think it's fake too, and I thought it was fake the same time I came across the pic; good idea though...it's probably a transparent sticker stuck on a cheap cabinet!