The NC42 vs. NC45 Challenge (Pic Heavy)

MAHALO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAHALO
BB Golden looks very similar to MAC NC45 in Satin Finish. Thanks for the pictures. You saved me a trip to Nordstrom for samples. Now I know that I need to get GOLDEN. I purchased WARM ALMOND but the color is too rich for me. I'll probably mix GOLDEN and Warm Almond as the summer progresses.

Thanks to the swatches, I purchaed BB moisture rich in GOLDEN. It's perfect! I find it just a tiny bit darker than MAC NC45 satin finish. That's perfect for me because I've been in the sun a lot and NC45 was a bit off.

elongreach

Yea, I haven't tried it out yet. I wasn't thinking 2 days ago when I wore makeup to try it out. So I guess I'll have to wait until the next time to try it out. But I'm pretty sure Golden is the right color. I know honey is kinda light for me. Otherwise I would have to combine colors. And I'm really not for combining stuff because it cost more.

MAHALO

Quote:
Originally Posted by elongreach
Yea, I haven't tried it out yet. I wasn't thinking 2 days ago when I wore makeup to try it out. So I guess I'll have to wait until the next time to try it out. But I'm pretty sure Golden is the right color. I know honey is kinda light for me. Otherwise I would have to combine colors. And I'm really not for combining stuff because it cost more.

Based on your photos, I'd say that you are lighter than I am. So Golden may be just a little too dark for you. I hope that you don't have to mix to get the right color.

boujoischic

I went to BB after the Mac NC45 pissed me off by oxidizing and turning orange after i wear it for a few hours. In the summer I am golden in BB also this winter though I tried the Mac studio fix in C6 I think Im C8 in the summer and that doesnt turn orange but your post has me wanting to go back to BB again.

elongreach

Quote:
Originally Posted by boujoischic
I went to BB after the Mac NC45 pissed me off by oxidizing and turning orange after i wear it for a few hours. In the summer I am golden in BB also this winter though I tried the Mac studio fix in C6 I think Im C8 in the summer and that doesnt turn orange but your post has me wanting to go back to BB again.

That's what was happening with me, but I've been trying new combos. I think the MSF was a little overkill for me. I only put on a little now. Then of course blot when needed. Also, Studio Sculpt is a way better foundation for me. It is really natural and doesn't get as greasy as Satinfinish. I just refuse to use Studio Fix because I think it makes me look cakey.

I think it's just something everyone has to work with. When I get some disposable income (HAH) I'm going to pick up the cream foundation in Golden that was used in the BB pic.
yes.gif

elongreach

one thing I will say about those NC42 pics up top is that I'm mad. I looked hot with that blue eyeshadow, but I can't use any of those pics because I look mad washed out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elongreach
Okay, I say I was going to do this a while ago, but due to camera connection issues it took a little longer than normal. I respect my specktra friends opinions and really would like some more input on my Foundation/Powder conundrum. Before this whole debacle I was perfectly happy with some tinted moisturizer and loose Bobbi Brown powder. Oh how things change.

First, I have taken the dreaded naked face photo. I believe this is post washing.
shockt.gif

003-2.jpg

005-1.jpg

Ok, we've gotten our scare for the day. Let's move on. NC45 and medium deep is what I have been using since Feb 08. I want to show you a couple of pics with variations of the foundation on me because lighting is everything.
sneaky.gif

Picture048.jpg

This pic is my first day with NC45 Satinfinish/Medium Deep. It was done my a MAC MA.
This one right here, not the one on top.
Picture023.jpg

And Lastly...

Mypic11.jpg

I could probably NC45 you all out, but I'm trying to do a snapshot of the past year. Now remind you all these pics are pregoing out, so everything looks fantastic of course. I'm not one for taking a lot of aftershot pics.

Ok, so now some pics of the NC42 foundation.

086.jpg

089.jpg

008.jpg

012.jpg

015.jpg

Ok, I think I pictured you all out.
yes.gif
On some of the newest pictures (like the last 2) I do see some ashyness on my chin, but I personally think my forehead looks right. I sorta feel like a ghost with the flash of my camera. The nonflash pics look better. And people say they can't tell a difference when I go out.

So maybe I need to start using different stuff in different areas. Plus, I'm going to get a sample of Bobbi Brown foundation like dominichulinda. I've tried it before and I think it looks ok. So there is your evidence, shall we begin our debate?

Bobbi Brown Pic:

Mypic12.jpg

You have a very healthy glow with the 45 and the 42 is too light. I would do what someone else said which is sample some NC44 and try it.

MAHALO

It's Summer! I'm using two different foundations to get the look that I want. I love BB Oil Free Golden but it's too light now for the perimeter of my face. So I'm using a very light application of BrownSkinBeauty's oil free Tawny with BB Oil Free Golden in the center of my face. Applied with MAC 187 ... I'm loving the look ... for now. I can also use MAC SPF NW43 on the perimeter with BB GOLDEN in the center. It's expensive to use two different foundations/colors ... but the effect is worth it.

I know that this is a post for MAC NC42/NC45 but I shared this info because I think it may be relevant to lighter skintones too. The point is that you may need two foundations not mixed but applied to different areas of your face and well blended.

BionicWoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettytrini1913
You have a very healthy glow with the 45 and the 42 is too light. I would do what someone else said which is sample some NC44 and try it.

Have you tried NC44 yet?? Because I think NC45 is just a tad too dark on you even though it looks better than the NC42.

I'm an NC44 which tends to be rare, so I can spot them anywhere. I'm also Golden in the Bobbi Brown Foundation. I always have a hard time finding a foundation that has an equal balance of Yellow/Red undertones, so I stick with brands like MAC, BB,etc. I can't even find a match in NARS which I Love!

I'm an NC44 in all MAC formulas, except I'm NC43 in Studio Fix Powder and NC45 in Studio Fix Fluid. Plus my skin is Oily, so my Foundation almost always oxidizes.

My guess is that you're an NC44 or possibly NC43. Unless you get darker in the summer, then I would go with the NC45 for you.
yes.gif

Between the NC42 and NC45, the latter looks more natural on you.. NC42 looks a tad light and ashy in certain areas of the face. :)