The Ped Egg!!!!!!

GreekChick

Has anyone seen the TV ad for the Ped Egg? It looks icky and painful right?

Well, it is so amazing!
thmbup.gif

I went ahead and purchased one after reading some recommendations on the MUA nail board. It is basically like a callus "grater" and is shaped like an egg. The dead skin is accumulated inside the grater, and then when you're done getting your feet smooth, you simply dispose of it.

Now yes, it sounds disgusting, and yes I was skeptical at first, but I don't regret it one bit! I am going to save so much money of pedicures, it's insane.

Here's how it works:
Your feet are supposed to be dry. You hold the Ped Egg in your hand and gently scrape your heels with it. It is super gentle, and doesn't hurt one bit! You simply have to go back and forth, and all the dead skin comes right off and goes inside the Ped Egg. When you're done scraping, you file them with the emery board that is provided in order to get everything smooth and evened out.
Finally, slather on some foot cream, and voilà! Perfectly smooth, soft as a baby's bottom feet!

I cannot rave about this enough! It works so well and is so cheap! I payed mine 15$ CND and it will last me a super long time.

If you guys ever come across the Ped Egg, I say get it! It's such an investment!
winks.gif

xoleaxo

i always see the commercial and it grosses me out when they open it up and dump all the "callous powder" out. LOL

MACATTAK

Definitely works great. I've had one for a few months now & whenever my heels get a little dry I use it. It's a keeper. The shavings kinda gross me out, but it's still a keeper.

TDoll

I really want one of these! I saw one at Target the other day in the whole "as seen on tv" section and I knew I should've picked it up!

NicksWifey

Ok, I don't want to be the party pooper on this thread...but I've been using the Ped Egg on/off since Valentines Day of this year. My mom got a set for herself & me from QVC or HSN (I can't remember), it's the Ped Egg Platinum. It's a black egg and it came with 5 of the sticky-sided buffer things that go on the outside of the egg.
At first, I was so happy when I used it. My felt felt amazing and I hadn't even applied lotion to them. After applying lotion, they felt even better. I was super impressed. However, the next morning, my feet looked somewhat rough & were not as smooth as before.

I find the ped egg is perfect for quick fixes...I mean you're going somewhere and wearing cute shoes that show your heels and they might be in need of a good buff/scrape. Other than that, I find that my feet don't stay soft for very long. Shame, because I love how it makes my feet feel, but it just doesn't last for long. I'll just stick to using my callus shaver, even though that is more annoying and takes more time, but I find the results last longer with that.

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoleaxo
i always see the commercial and it grosses me out when they open it up and dump all the "callous powder" out. LOL

Haha me and my mom call that "foot" When she files her feet, and the powder gets everywhere, I say "Mom, you're getting foot all over the place"
greengrin.gif

I guess I'll try this....Does anyone else have a problem with the results lasting? Maybe I should get my mom one...

M.A.C. head.

LOL Damn

I just looked up the commercial on YouTube and I was all amazed until they dumped it out. Ya'll should have seen the look of sheer disgust creep onto my face.

It does look like a cool product though. My feet are always dry and rough, so I'm going to pick this up if I see it around.

MACATTAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
Haha me and my mom call that "foot" When she files her feet, and the powder gets everywhere, I say "Mom, you're getting foot all over the place"
greengrin.gif

I guess I'll try this....Does anyone else have a problem with the results lasting? Maybe I should get my mom one...

I only have a problem with the results lasting when I just use the Ped Egg and nothing else. As long as I'm putting a thick cream or other moisturizing product on my feet nightly, the results last a long time.

GreekChick

^^ Well, I see it this way: If your skin is smooth and you don't apply cream to keep it smooth, with time, it will go back to the way it was. Fresh skin needs moisture to stay moisturised.
We use our feet so much, it's only normal that the skin that protects them hardens. To keep them looking good in the long run, one must take care of them, and that means moisturising!
We can't just expect to use callus shavers and graters, walk and stand for hours and still have smooth feet after 2 weeks right?

*KT*

Anyone else feel just like they did when they did their first Biore strip when they looked into the egg and saw all the shavings? So gross. But, better in the egg than on my feet!

MACATTAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekChick
^^ Well, I see it this way: If your skin is smooth and you don't apply cream to keep it smooth, with time, it will go back to the way it was. Fresh skin needs moisture to stay moisturised.
We use our feet so much, it's only normal that the skin that protects them hardens. To keep them looking good in the long run, one must take care of them, and that means moisturising!
We can't just expect to use callus shavers and graters, walk and stand for hours and still have smooth feet after 2 weeks right?

Exactly!
thmbup.gif

rbella

I feel so sick to my stomach at the thought of dumping "foot" out. I have rough heels but I can't do it, I just can't. I will vomit.

aziajs

My mother ordered one and I was surprised that it works. I really don't think it's gross at all. I don't know why it's such an issue for people. It's dead skin. It comes off through the cell renewal process, buffing with a pumice stone or shaving it.

Latest posts