The Ped Egg!!!!!!

Lizzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blushbaby
It has the same effects as the Microplane which I bought one 2 yrs ago and use every so often.

Wait. Do you use a Microplane on your feet?! Ummm like what I use to grate parm and zest citrus? Am I late? I've never heard of that.

But it does seem like the same type of idea....

rbella

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
My mother ordered one and I was surprised that it works. I really don't think it's gross at all. I don't know why it's such an issue for people. It's dead skin. It comes off through the cell renewal process, buffing with a pumice stone or shaving it.

It just gnarls me out. I can't handle it when I have a pedicure, either. The feeling of "filing my feet" gives me the chills like nails on a chalkboard.

Odette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzie
Wait. Do you use a Microplane on your feet?! Ummm like what I use to grate parm and zest citrus? Am I late? I've never heard of that.

No this was made especially by Microplane for feet.

I bought one a couple of years ago too, it was the best thing for my feet.

MAChostage

I also love the Ped Egg. I think the secret to keeping you and your feet happy with this thing largely depends on how much "help" your feet need and how often (and consistently) you use it. I found that for my initial/first use I was better off using it a little every other day, a total of like three times. I always used a great moisturizer afterward (this is important!) and, following that plan, that whipped my feet into perfect softness and smoothness! For maintenance I just use it weekly or as needed. Don't try to just use it once and think that'll do it. If you can do that, you really don't need a Ped Egg!

EllieFerris

I've had one since last Christmas and of course didn't know my foot was supposed to be dry. LOL

I use both the callous shaver and the Ped Egg. Callous shaver once a week and the Ped Egg each night before my shower. I think the combo of the two is great!

Also I think it's really important to use a really good lotion. I use a Scottish Heather Honey cream from The Bee Folks which I bought at the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire. It's in a pot and very thick/heavy. I put it on before I go to bed and come the morning... pretty feet!

(Just found this description from their web-site... "Our Scottish Heather Handcream contains a combination of fragrant Heather oil and delicate Lilac oil. Perfect as a relaxing massage lotion. All of our handcreams are all natural with no animal fats.")

Nox

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
I don't know why it's such an issue for people. It's dead skin. It comes off through the cell renewal process, buffing with a pumice stone or shaving it.

LOL, Aziajs. For the most part, I think many of us are not so much grossed out by the natural sloughing off process. But I sure was shocked when I saw the commercial for the first time and I see this woman with nicely manicured hands and pedicured feet dump out what looks like 50 grams "ashy feet" dust...from one person? Yikes. And then they show busted looking feet. I had to turn the channel. I was eating at the time.

Blushbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzie

They have Microplanes specifically for feet.

Microplane Personal Care

Just be careful you don't go crazy and rub your feet red raw!! It's addictive to begin with.

I use mine maybe once a mth or so now and just moisturise my feet like crazy in between and pop socks on (though I kick them off in my sleep sometimes).

Kelaia

I love it too! I bought mine from Target for $.9.99, and a pack of 3 refill blades and emery boards from Sally's for $9.99.

eye_pr0mise

i got mine at bedbath&beyond. and used one of those 20% coupons that always come in the mail. and i got it for like 7.99 or something like that.

i tried it and it works pretty well. i soak my feet for like 10 minutes and dry them and then use the "grater" looking side.
and then buff it out. thennn lotion. :) i do it maybe every week or two. depending on what days i wear sandles and heels and stuff lOl.

CantAffordMAC

I bought me and my mom one. It works pretty good but you have to be carefu because if u use this on part of ur foot thats not callused and rough, it hurts lol

My little brother opened my moms PedEgg and theres foot powder all over my living room floor LOL
greengrin.gif

aleksis210

Yeah, I saw them at walgreens too! I think they also have them at either hsn.com or qvc.com ....I wanted to get one for my mom, but I wasn't sure if the thing worked so thanks for the info!

msmack

works like a hot damn for me (and my mom who has serious callus!)! I LOVE THE PED EGG!