the perfect Beige! Maybe Bobbi Brown, Trish McEvoy, Nars?

Ms. Z

Hi All!
wavey.gif

I am hoping that you can assist me w/some recommendations.

#1 I am looking for a light beige lipstick & lipgloss & beige lipliner that is not pearly or glazed and has no shimmer, particles, metallic, chrome, or frost.
*I don’t like anything that looks Brown & don’t want it to be pinky or peachy
*It does not have to be MAC (I don’t believe they have anything to fit my description.

I have already tried or own
MAC Tiger Tiger l/s
MAC Mother Pearl l/l
L’Oreal 799 Caramel Latte l/s
L’Oreal Aishwarya Beige l/s
Avon Nude Beige (shimmer) l/s

#2 Do you know of any company that makes semi-matte eye shadows?

Scroll down to see my new goods.

juicyaddict

not sure if this is too dark, but have you tried shiseido's perfecting l/s in macadamia beige?
btw, how do you like avon's nude beige shimmer l/s? does it go on sheer, does it have pink or peach in it? if you have a color swatch that will be great, as i know the color from the catalog is always off. thanks!

Ms. Z

I want something that looks like the photo attached. Why don't I get that one? well that one is actually a light brown color, but photographed it looks beige.

Ms. Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicyaddict
not sure if this is too dark, but have you tried shiseido's perfecting l/s in macadamia beige?
btw, how do you like avon's nude beige shimmer l/s? does it go on sheer, does it have pink or peach in it? if you have a color swatch that will be great, as i know the color from the catalog is always off. thanks!

Thanks, I'll look into that one.

Avon Ultra Color Rich Lipstick
  • U507 Nude Beige (shimmer) *looks sort of pink on me, too frosty/shimmery for my taste
  • U509 Latte (satin) *looks sort of muave on me, it’s just OK
  • U104 Suede (satin) *shade of pink on me, OK
  • U519 Canela Nacar (shimmer) *looks bronzy, I totally hate this one
I have taken over 15 pics (w/dif. Lights) & can’t get them to look their true color. in the phots the color looks great; if they really looked like that I'd love them.

Thank goodness they were on sale for $3.50 because I don't really like any of them.

Fairybelle

The one in the photo looks like the following lipsticks: Laura Mercier l/s in Discretion, MAC Honeylove, MAC Half n' Half, Bobbi Brown l/s in Brown (but it is more of a pinky beige--but not too pink more beige, not brown)
Liners: Pout l/l in 32A, MAC Creamstick liner in Honey B

Bobbi Brown makes some great Semi-Matte e/s. Natural shades too! HTH!!

user79

L'Oreal Colour Riche Nr. 466 Sheer Nude looks like that 1st pic posted. It doesn't have any brown tones in it.

Ms. Z

In my quest to find the perfect beige l/s & l/l, this is what I have
AvonJillian Dempsey Signature Face Brush
Avon Transforming Liquid Eye Liner
Delux Beauty Eye Pencil Ninky Pink (Magenta)
MAC Kid (not pictured)
Nars Striptease l/g *I purchased this one to hopefully tone down MAC Tiger Tiger (another beige I don’t like)
Paula Dorf Bosa Nova l/s
Paula Dorf Baby Eyes e/l
Smashbox On Stage trio
Stila Mazatlan e/s trio

What I have tested in the last week, but didn’t like
  • Nars Barbarell,, Belle de Jour, Blonde Venus, Casablanca, Honolulu Honey & Napoli (this one was OK, but a bit too sheer)
  • shiseido's perfecting l/s in macadamia *too brown
  • MAC Creamstick liner in Honey B *too pearly
  • BB Beige l/g *too brown
  • BB Shimmer Beige l/g *I liked this one, but it had to much shimmer (I might go back for this one)
  • BB Beige l/s
  • 2 by L’Oreal *one was Star Secrets, the other I can’t remember
  • Lorac Karma
  • I didn’t see anything by Trish that I liked nor anything from Maybelline or Almay
AUGH! I give up; I just don’t look OK in beige!

Winthrop44

You have my sincere sympathies...this is exactly what I used to do all the time!!! I'd get an idea in my head and then I had to go to the ends of the earth looking for it. I've done it less and less lately because it's really much more fun to just enjoy what comes at you in all these collections instead. Who knows, once you give up the quest your perfect beige may land right in your lap. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
smiles.gif

Ms. Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
You have my sincere sympathies...this is exactly what I used to do all the time!!! I'd get an idea in my head and then I had to go to the ends of the earth looking for it. I've done it less and less lately because it's really much more fun to just enjoy what comes at you in all these collections instead. Who knows, once you give up the quest your perfect beige may land right in your lap. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
smiles.gif

Thanks. I just saw a picture of the Slimshine Ultra-Elegant, maybe that one could be it.