The Pick Up Artist

Rennah

This show is kinda trashy but still funny and entertaining.

On the first episode of the 2nd season, the nerds & dweebs get makeovers - including eyebrow piercings and chest waxes!

The point of the show is to teach them how to pick up women in a social situation.

Does anyone watch it? What do you think?

Mystery is kinda hot... he looks a lot like a guy I know (minus the long hair).

The Pick-Up Artist 2 | Reality TV Show Video Clips on the VSPOT, Photos, Episodes and Online Message Boards | VH1.com

xStarryEyedX

i love it, some of them look hot after their makeovers...

i don't quite see mystery as being hot... the goggle+cowboy hat thing confuses me. he seems like a nice enough guy, but if I were out and he came up to me I would be like uhhh, WTF

xStarryEyedX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennah
Oh yeah, the goggles are a no.

haha a definate no!! did you see the guy who's braid they cut off? he was actually soo cute after his makeover. and the guy with the gap was cute, but they need to tell him to chill out.. he's just a little too much.

user79

I absolutely hate this show. I've seen clips of it and it's so degrading, for both the nerds who are trying to pick up women, and the women who are seen as chattel, apprently only put on this planet solely to be "picked up" by men. This show is everything that I loathe. I saw an interview with that dude, Mystery or whatever, and I thought wow, I've never seen a bigger loser.

chocolategoddes

Part of me sees it as degrading, like MissCheivous said.
But in a way, these guys are gaining self-confidence through the process and are feeling better about themselves.

I think Mystery's pretty hot in a creepy magician kinda way.
I also like his wing-man, Matador.
He's like a sexy, bad-boy Aladdin. I wouldn't mind flying on his magic carpet.

EDIT: I looked up a clear picture of him. He's a total butterface. :/

burnitdown_x

Damn, I agree... I really don't believe that he can instantly attract girls, as he makes it seem. If Mystery ever came up I'd probably puke.

kimmae17

yeah its degrading, but the guys knew what they were getting into. and i am sure the girls at the bar have to sign some release for them to appear on tv right?? i saw it last night and it was SO entertaining! haha i agree the guy with the braid looks sooo much better after the makeover

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuterChick
I can't stand Mystery, I wouldn't piss on him if he were on fire!.....

/\ That totally cracked me up. Thanks for the laugh!
smiles.gif

S.S.BlackOrchid

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuterChick
I can't stand Mystery, I wouldn't piss on him if he were on fire! Just not my type.

LMAO!!! i agree.

M.A.C. head.

I've seen this show in passing and I'd makes me want to barf.

I mean, I'm all for shy guys getting help with their swagger, but they should have had a better host.

Mystery? C'mon. He's not hot in the least, his voice is annoying and he's SO not suave.

MAC_Whore

OK, I had to click on the link. I watched a bit from the second season.

"Mystery" and "Matador"? lol WTF? They are so sleazy? I really hope they are paying those girls in the club, cuz who falls for that?

Would someone tell Mystery that he isn't in the Matrix? lol

chocolategoddes

I also have to say, I hate how they made them over to wear the douchiest outfits. The same old dark jeans, button down shirt, fedora, dress shoes... they look like they raided my dad's closet. Not saying my dad is a douche... he just dresses like one!

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolategoddes
I also have to say, I hate how they made them over to wear the douchiest outfits. The same old dark jeans, button down shirt, fedora, dress shoes... they look like they raided my dad's closet. Not saying my dad is a douche... he just dresses like one!

You crack me up!

Rennah

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolategoddes
Part of me sees it as degrading, like MissCheivous said.
But in a way, these guys are gaining self-confidence through the process and are feeling better about themselves.

I think Mystery's pretty hot in a creepy magician kinda way.
I also like his wing-man, Matador.
He's like a sexy, bad-boy Aladdin. I wouldn't mind flying on his magic carpet.

EDIT: I looked up a clear picture of him. He's a total butterface. :/

lmaooooo! You are hilarious.

Who's a butterface? Mystery or Matador?

Rennah

BTW I had the link to the first season up because when I posted this, the page for the 2nd season wasn't up on VH1's site yet.

Link is fixed.