The Pigment Junkie's Rushmetal Haul

me_jelly

So being the pigment queen that I am, I couldn't help but get 6 of the rushmetal pigments.

I even swatched my hands before going to the store full of past permanent/LE pigments that I thought might be dupes of the rushmetal ones lol.

Here's what I swatched from my collection and how I thought compared with the pigments I got (for reference, I'm NC35) - so this is a haul and review in one
smiles.gif

GOLD MODE - my swatches: jardin aires, dazzleray
-this one is gorgeous (I love champagnes) - it's a golden champagne that's more similar to dazzleray but the texture is oh-so-fine.

MAUVEMENT - my swatches: subtle, coco, sunnydaze
-I love taupes, so I got this one - it's more similar to subtle (in my opinion) but with a bit more golden tint (so warmer than subtle on me) - like subtle, it has an extremely subtle (and almost hardly detectable) plummy-mauve tint

COCOMOTION - my swatches: old gold
-unforunately old gold doesn't work on me as it is GREEN period. But cocomotion is what I wished old gold was - it's more gold on me with a hint of olive

COPPERIZED - my swatches: golden olive, night light
- this one is really smoky/sultry and is nothing like golden olive (more brighter golden green) - it's actually not that similar to night light either (which I initially thought would be a copperized dupe) - it's not as green and is more of a smoky gold with stronger olive green tones

REVVED-UP - my swatches: apricot pink, rose
- this is rather similar to apricot pink, but not as icy/frosted - looks like a slightly toned down version of rose without the gold sparkles - like apricot pink, it's one of those pinks that don't make my eyes look puffy

OFF THE RADAR - my swatches: acid orange
- nothing like acid orange lol, my bad! It reminds me of firespot e/s - the texture is like pastorale/aire de blu and it applies sheer (but is buildable)

Ones I didnt get and why:

QUICK FROST - my swatches: white gold
- this one applies SOOO sheer (almost like white powder base with tiny shimmers), almost just a hint of shimmer on my lids - color is nice but not unique - even though white gold is chunky, I still prefer it over quick frost

RUSHMETAL - my swatches: copper sparkle
- I think copper sparkle is a con artist and just had an official name change today - exactly the same color and chunky tecture - nuh uh.

Alright lady and gents, thanks for looking!!
wavey.gif

Stay tuned for my Flashtronic haul this weekend lol

stephie06

wow, thanks for the review! looks like you had yourself a great haul as well
smiles.gif
i'm so excited to get these pigments b/c i own ZERO full-size pigments... i know i know lol
smiles.gif
this will be remedied in the next week

clwkerric

Great stuff... I absolutely LOVE all the new pigments! I can't wait to get them. Thanks for the description. Enjoy your stuff
smiles.gif

Dizzyray822

Totally agree 100 % with you on everything. ESP. Rushmetal...exactly like copper sparkle. Also. Quick Frost was pretty but wayyyyyy too sheer and wiped away like dust. I love love love mauvement and gold mode, and cocomotion comes in next for me.

te.amo.mac

wow, thats an excellent comparison. its too funny that you swatched yourself with all the colors before you went to the store.

AppleDiva

I love "Off the Radar", which was not on my radar (pun intended) until I saw a swatch last week... It will have multiple uses for me...thanks for the review.. had the same feelings about Quick Frost...