THE "YOU KNOW YOU'RE OBSESSED WiTH SPECKTRA.NET WHEN..." THREAD

juicygirl

so lately ive noticed that i have become a full on specktra addict. like i think i check this site more than i even check my myspace page, bahahaha! and that's huge for me! so anyways, i thought it would be fun to start a thread of things that make you an addict....i didnt see any thread like this elsewhere but if there is, please let me know mods and i will promptly delete it!

1. you can't do your makeup for the day until youve checked out the fotds thread to see if your faves Amaranth, pladies, laura-doll, purity, glamYOURUs, iifugazii have posted something new for inspiration, lol.

2. if the above have not posted something for the day yet, you keep checking the site every 30 seconds to see if a thread suddenly appears from them

3. after checking out the haul thread, you decide to run to the mac counter and go on a major haul yourself. hey at least it's not as bad as spending $960 on a haul is how you rationalize it =]

4. seeing other people's makeup traincases makes you cry, its that beautiful!

5. after reading about how awesome the mac 187 brush is, you go out and buy not one, but TWO of these babies cuz you're sure youll love them. specktra hasnt led you astray yet!

this is all i can think of at the moment. feel free to add your own to the list! =]
yahoo.gif

MACATTAK

I don't even have a Myspace because I want to be sure I can fully commit my time to Spectra! I don't want to worry about having to check something else
smiles.gif

Babylard

6. you browse the clearance bin every single day, hoping to find those darn discontinued goodies or just for a great find/deal. (i finally found northern lights and light flush whooooot!)

7. you are always checking to see who has thanked you and revisited the post to see if anyone has made any references to you.

jdepp_84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylard
6. you browse the clearance bin every single day, hoping to find those darn discontinued goodies or just for a great find/deal. (i finally found northern lights and light flush whooooot!)

7. you are always checking to see who has thanked you and revisited the post to see if anyone has made any references to you.

I totally agree with #6! I check it like every 10 mintues! I have another window opened to the sales forum as we speak
tong.gif

Oh and I should really be doing my big project, but I cant log off specktra! I keep thinking someone is going to post something in the clearance bin that I want!

Jot

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolategoddes
... when Specktra is your homepage. lol it's not for me but it's pretty much the first place i go to.

it is mine!

ilovegreen

7 - when there's a product you passed on but when you see everyone raving about it you have to have it !

panther27

I am always checking back to see if anyone has posted any new info about collectons coming out(such as naughty nauticals)
graucho.gif

AmberLilith

9. When you class Specktra as one of your 'hobbies'

10. When you give your friends your Specktra username as well as your email address, even when they haven't a clue what you're on about.

MACATTAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahlia_Rayn
11. When you see a license plate with CCB in it and automatically think cream color base.

th_LMAO.gif

glam8babe

haha this is soo true!

12. you keep clicking 'NEW POSTS' at the top to see all the new posts incase you miss out on something

eye_pr0mise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnk85
13. When you have more than 3 windows open and they are all on Specktra

haha im going down the messages reading all of them and
nodding my hair like yup i did that..
and then i got to this one, looked down at my little task
bar thing, and i realized i have 3 windows open ..hahahaha.
ughh specktra.. i am obsessed w you !!

MiCHiE

When every time you put on makeup, you think "I should post this on Specktra."

When one of your "Things To Do" is to get around to posting updated pics of your makeup collection.

When you are taking pics of your makeup collection!!

When you don't do makeup (professionally) but ramble off various products to others, leaving them wondering, "What the hell?!?"

OMG! When you say/hear something informative in real life and wish you had a "Thanks" button.

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylard

Hahaha! I totally agree with both of those!
smiles.gif
You took the words right out of my mouth!

sharkbytes

-When you start using internet makeup abbreviations in real life conversations.

example: Just the other day, an MA asked me what I was wearing on my cheeks and I said, "Oh, one of the MSFs" and I got a very puzzled look, lol. Other random times, I've even said out loud: "I think that was LE," as if it's so hard to say limited edition
smiles.gif

CantAffordMAC

oh you guys are so funny. and true

I said MSF to the MA at MAC and she's like............
lol.gif

You know you're obsessed with specktra when you daydream about being on when you're not. If you haven't gotten on in a day or two you feel lost.

I go to work and think about how I'm going to go home and snuggle up...with specktra!