THEE matte bronzer?!

sararose

I've read a lot about a lot of different bronzer powders, but I'm curious, what is everyone's FAVORITE matte bronzing powder compact?!
amuse.gif

I'm an SFF NC25, and looking for the perfect matte bronzer. I'm currently using Too Faced Caribbean in a Compact in "Sun Bunny", which isn't really matte at all, and Victoria's Secret's Beauty in Brazil Silky Bronzing Powder in "Copacabana" which is as matte as I could find at the moment, and actually love a lot, but not convinced it's my HG of bronzers!
smiles.gif

gigiopolis

I only recently got into bronzers (I've owned them for a while but never seriously used them because I'm not into the tanned look), until I did get a tan recently and my foundation was now too light. I'm too cheap to go out and buy a new shade so I just used a matte bronzer to alleviate the lightness - worked a treat!

I love TheBalm's Bahama Mama bronzer. It is absolutely matte, and gives me a believable bronzed look without making me look orange or dirty. It's very well pigmented so use a light hand with this product. Here's a picture of me wearing it, lighter foundation and all:

dsc02138ed.jpg

No retouching of colour (just some overall brightness+ contrast adjustments, which don't change the relative colours). Then again, I'm sort of a bronzer noob so please take other opinions into account!

alka1

I recently bought Bobbi Brown's bronzing powder in Medium and it's probably the most natural-looking bronzer on my skin. I wanted to get the new Illuminating bronzer but opted for this one since I didn't have any matte bronzers.

It's soft, smooth and very silky and comes in several different shades. it is a true matte bronzer - absolutely no shimmer in it. at $33 it isn't exactly cheap.. but there is a 25% sale coming up on june 9th at bobbi brown's website.

Che1zz

benefits hoola. love it and im pretty sure that thing is going to last for everrrr. Ive had it for awhile and never hit pan.

LaGoddess

MAC's Blunt blush (it's a matte golden brown) is actually a fab matte bronzer(as long as u are medium toned and up though). I use it as one sometimes and it looks so natural!

thewinglessbird

Like I've already raved in the other threads, Bobbi Brown is so natural!! I have a very porcelain complexion, so I use Bronzing Powder in shade 1 Golden Light, but it comes in 5 gorgeous shades.

User38

Bobbi Brown's No. 1 for me, as well as Stila no. 1, and recently added the Illuminating bronzing powder in Antigua which gives some color and with the bronzer but is extremely natural for my coloring. The MAC bronzer is great too -- in the bronze matte and applied with a very light hand & great brush!