Theme Makeup with a Purpose

Medgal07

Does anyone find aqua creams have a surprisingly light jar? I was expecting something heavy like the Mac paint pots...or Maybelline tattoos. I like the glass....
nanaparty.gif
drinkup.gif
Cheers!!! Your looks all sound amazing---looks like your slump might be over!!!!
drinkup.gif

sagehen

Did NOTHING yesterday - I was sick. Ugh. Today, I broke out my NYX smokey eye palette (the small square one with 9 shades and did this: FACE: RCMA Color Process Foundation in Shinto V and Shinto VI (V in the middle of my face and VI around the perimeter) Mehron Celebre Pro in Ebony to contour NYX Set and Don't Fret powder in Medium/Dark (I will be trying to use this up too - a little ashy) Guerlain Bronzer in 08 EYES: NYX Smokey Eyes palette: middle shade on outer 2/3 of lid, top middle shade on inner 1/3 top right shade in crease, 2nd row left mixed with third row middle in outer crease, blended onto lower lash line 2nd row right shade n brow bone, blended with with crease CoverGirl Clump Crusher mascara in Very Black, two coats, upper and lower lashes LIPS: NYX lip pencil, Brown Cafe, MAC 5N lipstick, a dot of some NYX coppery gloss in middle of lower lip DH says to me...a lot of facial contouring today - WTH? And, yes, there is - I am going to a theatrical store to buy some Ben Nye palettes - they have expectations. I get a lot of my freelance bookings there. I should have a full face on.

MissTT

Quote: DH says to me...a lot of facial contouring today - WTH? And, yes, there is - I am going to a theatrical store to buy some Ben Nye palettes - they have expectations. I get a lot of my freelance bookings there. I should have a full face on.

rofl.gif

I didn't know there was a 5N. Off to look that up. Also didn't know you did freelance. Can't wait for you to do my makeup!!!! Oh and don't buy Ben Nye Translucent powder in Sienna b/c I'm sending it to you if you can use it.

I'm wearing ANF again. Tomorrow I probably won't due to my new UD palette. Oh, wait. I can try ANF as a cheek highlight. Explore! Don't let me forget...

FACE
CoverFX Natural Finish foundation N70
Mineralize concealer NC42
Ben Nye Banana Powder set concealer
NARS Light Reflecting Loose Powder
Whisper of Gilt edsf cheek highlight
NARS Mata Hari blush
Guerlain Terracotta Bronzing 03
EYES
Groundwork p/p
A Natural Flirtedes - lids
Moth Brown - crease
Urban Decay liner – Demolition
Laura Mercier Faux lash mascara
LIPS
NYX Plush Red liner
Love Goddess l/s

Notes:
CoverFX foundation - not good for oily skin
Lipstick - lined after application to spruce up edges

sagehen

:rofl: I didn't know there was a 5N. Off to look that up. Also didn't know you did freelance. Can't wait for you to do my makeup!!!! Oh and don't buy Ben Nye Translucent powder in Sienna b/c I'm sending it to you if you can use it. I'm wearing ANF again. Tomorrow I probably won't due to my new UD palette. Oh, wait. I can try ANF as a cheek highlight. Explore! Don't let me forget... [COLOR=181818]FACE[/COLOR]
[COLOR=181818]CoverFX Natural Finish foundation N70[/COLOR]
[COLOR=181818]Mineralize concealer NC42[/COLOR]
[COLOR=181818]Ben Nye Banana Powder set concealer[/COLOR]
[COLOR=181818]NARS Light Reflecting Loose Powder[/COLOR]
[COLOR=181818]Whisper of Gilt edsf cheek highlight[/COLOR]
[COLOR=181818]NARS Mata Hari blush[/COLOR]
[COLOR=181818]Guerlain Terracotta Bronzing 03[/COLOR]
[COLOR=181818]EYES[/COLOR]
[COLOR=181818]Groundwork p/p[/COLOR]
[COLOR=181818]A Natural Flirt[/COLOR][COLOR=181818]edes - lids[/COLOR]
[COLOR=181818]Moth Brown -  crease[/COLOR]
[COLOR=181818]Urban Decay liner – Demolition[/COLOR]
[COLOR=181818]Laura Mercier Faux lash mascara[/COLOR]
[COLOR=181818]LIPS[/COLOR]
[COLOR=181818]NYX Plush Red liner[/COLOR]
[COLOR=181818]Love Goddess l/s[/COLOR]
Notes: CoverFX foundation - not good for oily skin Lipstick - lined after application to spruce up edges
Oh no, no Sienna (I is waiting for yours lol). I needed a couple of palettes for those eye shadow pans I bought last week, and I know the Nye palettes would hold them. @ the bolded...why not? I just bought that foundation in N90...the tube got me.

CartoonChic

I'm all late, but I wore a full make up look for Thanksgiving. I was so proud of myself. Can't even remember the last time I've done that. But it's been over week and I can't remember what I used. I do know I'm going all out for New Year's Eve. I'm looking to party this year. I'm going to try false lashes and everything.

What's the theme for this month? I want to get back into the swing of things. That way I can get back into the practice of wearing makeup before New Year's Eve.

CartoonChic

I need to watch Scandal, but I want to start at the beginning and so haven't gotten around to it. I even record it on the DVR, but refuse to watch it until I know the whole story. We just started watching Breaking Bad this week and I've always wanted to watch Mad Men so I'm not sure where Scandal is going to fit in. I know it's a good show b/c this is the second time it was brought up today.
I started watching Scandal only 2 weeks ago on Netflix and got hooked! But not because of the actual show. I'm now obsessed with the makeup. I think that's what I tried to mimic for my Thanksgiving look.

Breaking Bad is an awesome show.
th_worship.gif
I miss it so much.
crybaby.gif
Thankfully, there's still The Walking Dead.

MissTT

I was focusing on wearing A Natural Flirt eye shadow all week. I bought it for an all over basic eye shade for work, but it's too frosty above the crease so in the drawer it sits. I'm going to see if it works as a highlight so I can use it more.

I want to love CoverFX, but it continues to let me down. For some reason the shades go grey on me. I'm should be about G80 in them. The N shade showed up on ColorIQ so I'm trying it. I know I could try an orange corrector underneath, but that's a lot of work. I'd rather just find a foundation that doesn't turn grey. Plus, as I said, I look oily and shiny with this liquid. It looked nice initially, but it smeared and got shiny with wear. I didn't wear primer today, however, it's happened when I've worn primer, too.

CartoonChic

Don't worry about cheating/variation---it's allowed. Remember they're your rules and you get to make them as
flexible as you see fit. I want to try my Naked3 too--and the dozen other new items headed my way this week.

I have been looking for variations on eye looks so I don't get bored with neutrals that I'm planning to wear with
my red lips all week.

http://www.stylemotivation.com/25-glamorous-makeup-ideas-with-red-lipstick/
Beautiful pics. Love the first one, especially. I may try to copy for New Year's. Hmm, she has liner on her lower lash line. I have yet to attempt doing this myself. I'm highly sensitive about my eyes and have been afraid to try. What should I use for lower lash eyeliner and not look like a raccoon? I only have MAC Fluidelines. Do I get a pencil? One of those liquid liners?

CartoonChic

OK, I back tracked in the thread a bit. Looks like things are done differently now. We're selecting our own personal themes on a weekly basis?

MissTT

Hey girl hey! Glad to see you here. We've missed you so much.

Nah we're just doing things a bit differently for the month. I proposed we select one item each week that we plan to incorporate into our look. We had been (unsuccessfully) talking about ways to curb spending/shopping so I thought a faux operation use-it-up might be helpful. I figure if you can't work out how to use an item by the end of the week maybe you need to get rid of it. I'm thinking about sending some of my items to the ladies in this thread and already have a small pile going. We built in cheats for ourselves due to our inability to commit.
girlhaha.gif
So selecting a palette is a good way to to have flexibility. I only need to use one shade from the palette to be meeting my goals. I used some shadows last week from MUFE that I never use and discovered a gorgeous copper brown in Diamond #312. I didn't really use the other colors too much so I'm thinking of maybe giving some to Aradhana. I think one of the colors might be a good transition color for her. Medgal used blue pigments all week. That helped me realize I have some loose shadows I've never opened after having them for 1+ year so I'm planning to send them to her. (However I've been looking at reviews for the powders and now I want to try them out. LOL)

We were also doing this to help us get ready faster in the morning. Sagehen used the same neutral eye palette all week as kind of a no brainer way to get to work on time. Medgal recommended taking our theme product(s) out of the drawers and setting them out for the week so we don't go digging. Such great advice. Meka is just working on eye shadow application techniques so she's forcing herself to do a look each day. It's been tough since we've been receiving all of these new products we ordered on Black Friday and Cyber Monday, but we're doing our best. I planned a cheat day tomorrow, but I'm still gonna try to use the item I committed to - just in a different way.

sagehen

I was focusing on wearing A Natural Flirt eye shadow all week. I bought it for an all over basic eye shade for work, but it's too frosty above the crease so in the drawer it sits. I'm going to see if it works as a highlight so I can use it more. I want to love CoverFX, but it continues to let me down. For some reason the shades go grey on me. I'm should be about G80 in them. The N shade showed up on ColorIQ so I'm trying it. I know I could try an orange corrector underneath, but that's a lot of work. I'd rather just find a foundation that doesn't turn grey. Plus, as I said, I look oily and shiny with this liquid. It looked nice initially, but it smeared and got shiny with wear. I didn't wear primer today, however, it's happened when I've worn primer, too.
This is my worry. I don't know why they stopped at G80. I would be the next shade.

CartoonChic

Nah we're just doing things a bit differently for the month. I proposed we select one item each week that we plan to incorporate into our look. We had been (unsuccessfully) talking about ways to curb spending/shopping so I thought a faux operation use-it-up might be helpful. I figure if you can't work out how to use an item by the end of the week maybe you need to get rid of it. I'm thinking about sending some of my items to the ladies in this thread and already have a small pile going. We built in cheats for ourselves due to our inability to commit. LOL. So selecting a palette is a good way to to have flexibility. I only need to use one shade from the palette to be meeting my goals. I used some shadows last week from MUFE that I never use and discovered a gorgeous copper brown in Diamond #312. I didn't really use the other colors too much so I'm thinking of maybe giving some to Aradhana. I think one of the colors might be a good transition color for her. Medgal used blue pigments all week. That helped me realize I have some loose shadows I've never opened after having them for 1+ year so I'm planning to send them to her. (However I've been looking at reviews for the powders and now I want to try them out. LOL)
Missed you all, too!
grouphug2.gif

That makes sense. I'll start wearing makeup tomorrow, so that gives me tonight to think about what to use for my theme. Lol. Smart move to add the cheats.

Medgal07

I started watching Scandal only 2 weeks ago on Netflix and got hooked! But not because of the actual show. I'm now obsessed with the makeup. I think that's what I tried to mimic for my Thanksgiving look.

Breaking Bad is an awesome show.
th_worship.gif
I miss it so much.
crybaby.gif
Thankfully, there's still The Walking Dead.
I missed Scandal last week because of electrical issues but I'll watch last weeks episode on BET, before the new one airs on Thursday.
yahoo.gif
I love that show!!!

MissTT

I edited to add another paragraph, CC. Please finish reading.
girlhaha.gif

sage I don't know why they stopped at G80 either. It's really stupid.

Medgal07

Beautiful pics. Love the first one, especially. I may try to copy for New Year's. Hmm, she has liner on her lower lash line. I have yet to attempt doing this myself. I'm highly sensitive about my eyes and have been afraid to try. What should I use for lower lash eyeliner and not look like a raccoon? I only have MAC Fluidelines. Do I get a pencil? One of those liquid liners?
So, so glad you're here. Missed you much!!!! Glad you're getting back to makeup too. First, I think a liquid, set with powder---eyeshadow is the way to go with your lower lash line---beneath your eyelashes. I find that pencil smears on me. I have much better results with liquid/gel set with eyeshadow in the same color as the liner.

ETA/Correct unintelligible sentence
girlhaha.gif

Medgal07

Nah we're just doing things a bit differently for the month. I proposed we select one item each week that we plan to incorporate into our look. We had been (unsuccessfully) talking about ways to curb spending/shopping so I thought a faux operation use-it-up might be helpful. I figure if you can't work out how to use an item by the end of the week maybe you need to get rid of it. I'm thinking about sending some of my items to the ladies in this thread and already have a small pile going. We built in cheats for ourselves due to our inability to commit.
girlhaha.gif
So selecting a palette is a good way to to have flexibility. I only need to use one shade from the palette to be meeting my goals. I used some shadows last week from MUFE that I never use and discovered a gorgeous copper brown in Diamond #312. I didn't really use the other colors too much so I'm thinking of maybe giving some to Aradhana. I think one of the colors might be a good transition color for her. Medgal used blue pigments all week. That helped me realize I have some loose shadows I've never opened after having them for 1+ year so I'm planning to send them to her. (However I've been looking at reviews for the powders and now I want to try them out. LOL)

We were also doing this to help us get ready faster in the morning. Sagehen used the same neutral eye palette all week as kind of a no brainer way to get to work on time. Medgal recommended taking our theme product(s) out of the drawers and setting them out for the week so we don't go digging. Such great advice. Meka is just working on eye shadow application techniques so she's forcing herself to do a look each day. It's been tough since we've been receiving all of these new products we ordered on Black Friday and Cyber Monday, but we're doing our best. I planned a cheat day tomorrow, but I'm still gonna try to use the item I committed to - just in a different way.
Medgal thinks you should use and enjoy those loose shadows because she just got 5 TF eyeshadow quads!!!
icon_eek.gif

Medgal07

I was focusing on wearing A Natural Flirt eye shadow all week. I bought it for an all over basic eye shade for work, but it's too frosty above the crease so in the drawer it sits. I'm going to see if it works as a highlight so I can use it more.

I want to love CoverFX, but it continues to let me down. For some reason the shades go grey on me. I'm should be about G80 in them. The N shade showed up on ColorIQ so I'm trying it. I know I could try an orange corrector underneath, but that's a lot of work. I'd rather just find a foundation that doesn't turn grey. Plus, as I said, I look oily and shiny with this liquid. It looked nice initially, but it smeared and got shiny with wear. I didn't wear primer today, however, it's happened when I've worn primer, too.
I was supposed to wear red lipstick this week. I wore it yesterday, but today I looked at my TF E/S quad in Cognac Sable and caved. It's so beautiful but the look that I
created didn't want red lipstick!!
girlhaha.gif

sagehen

[COLOR=B22222]Medgal thinks you should use and enjoy those loose shadows because she just got 5 TF eyeshadow quads!!! :shock: [/COLOR]
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHH Medgal - I don't know who I would tell, but I want to tell someone on you! :jawdrop:

Medgal07

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHH Medgal - I don't know who I would tell, but I want to tell someone on you!
jawdrop.gif
Don't tell my husband! Did you ladies read about the man who threw himself over a railing at a mall, killing himself because he couldn't take anymore of his girlfriend's
excessive shopping?? I didn't share this story with my husband, but if I were to tell him, he would say the man should have thrown his girlfriend over the railing.

sagehen

[COLOR=FF0000] [/COLOR] [COLOR=B22222]Don't tell my husband!  Did you ladies read about the man who threw himself over a railing at a mall, killing himself because he couldn't take anymore of his girlfriend's [/COLOR] [COLOR=B22222]  excessive shopping??  I didn't share this story with my husband, but if I were to tell him, he would say the man should have thrown his girlfriend over the railing. [/COLOR]
Oh we can never tell the significant others! That is why we share our dirt on here lol.:hug: I did read that story. I didn't know what to make of it. Poor man that felt that his only option was to jump.

Latest posts