Thermal Reconditioning

DCJPFan

I am getting my hair thermally reconditioned in less than two weeks and I was wondering if anyone here has had it done before. If so, any advice? Any treatments I should do to maybe get my hair a bit healthier? My hair is currently in its natural state, no dyes, highlights, perms, chemicals, etc... So I'm hoping upon hope for good results. The stylist who will be doing it has done it many, many times before so I know she is experienced. I guess I'll just have to cross my fingers and wait!
smiles.gif
In the mean time, would anyone want to share their experiences with thermal reconditioning? Thanks in advance for your responses.

Shawna

I didn't have it done professionally, but I have done it myself with special conditioner and a straight iron. I think that is probably similar to what you are having done. My results were great. I had hair damaged from straight iron use, and my hair was soft and silky for months after even when I continued to use my flat iron.

Kandy477

I had it done three times

The first time I went to a really "froo-froo" salon that charged me $800 and RUINED my hair. It was falling out in chunks and I had bald patches underneath. I would have sued except that they made me sign a release form before the precedure stating that they weren't responsible for excessive damage (that should have been a clue, but alas, I am sometimes as dumb as I am vain).

The worst part is that the new grown was ultra-frizzy and I ended up having to do a TR twice more just to calm the growth down enough to match the rest of my hair. Luckily, I found a really great stylist who charged me less than half of what I had originally paid. I had the Lisco service and, unlike the stylist at the first salon, he processed the solution without heat. In fact, he told me that the Lisco reps told him to never process the solution with heat, so that's probably how my hair wound up so fried in the first place.

As of today, my hair is below my shoulders, wiith subtle highlights, and I only have about two inches or so of the old TR. You'd never know it, though, because I've found that with the proper products, a Chi iron, and a little bit of patience, I'm able to get my naturally curly hair just as straight as the TR'd ends. Plus, it actually looks better because it's much healthier now. Besides that, when I finally grow out these last couple of inches I'll have the option of going either curly or straight. With the TR I had no body, and my hair wouldn't hold a curl no matter how much product I attempted to apply.

So no, I wouldn't do it again.

whosheis

I've been doing this since 2000. I would do a deep hair treatment once in while but then my hair is dyed also. Never really had a bad experience minus my butt falling off from sitting too long. I always go to an asian salon but then again, I'm asian xD

giz2000

My stepdaughter did this to her naturally curly, very thick, virgin hair...and it ruined it. It was straight for about 3 months, but when it started to grow out, it was growing in very kinky and dry, almost fuzzy. It broke off around her chin and she had to cut it. Her mom took her so I don't know who did the procedure.

Just make sure that the person who is doing this knows what they're doing.