They are SOLD OUT already?

LivinginPink

Please tell me this is some kind of silly technical glitch. The MAC site (Canada) is already sold out of mini paints and Lip geeles!!! It hasent even been 24hrs since they were avaliable to purchase......

user4

They still have them up in the MAC site here... i don't know. Maybe a glitch! Hopefully a glitch!

Kittie

The US site has been sold out of paint sets since I woke up at 6 this morning to order it.
ssad.gif
I never even got one!

msthrope

selling out in sell than 24 hours is pretty common. that's people buying up lots to sell on ebay for you and that's mac and their LE nonsense for you.

toby1

The paints set isn't even shown on Gloss.com or Nordstroms was it only available at the MAC.com?

user4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittie
The US site has been sold out of paint sets since I woke up at 6 this morning to order it.
ssad.gif
I never even got one!

nothing is showing up as sold out for me... so wierd... i'm on the US site...

n_j_t

I ordered the cool lipglass minis, but the lipgelees were marked "sold out" on the Canada site even before they actually went on sale! I thought it was a glitch -- maybe it still is. I ordered mine shortly after midnight and the paints were also already sold out. Is it normal for them to sell out in half an hour?!

Kittie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxychika1014
nothing is showing up as sold out for me... so wierd... i'm on the US site...

Perhaps it has something to do with your cookies or something? I'm not certain, but from the first moment I went to the MAC US website, they said "temporarily out of stock". So, instead I ordered the Lipglass Cool set, because I wanted Pink Poodle anyway.

However, if it's a technical glitch and the paint set becomes available again... yeah, I'm going to have to order that, too.
lol.gif

aziajs

I think it is a glitch, I remember that happening to me last year. They had just become available online and they were already sold out. So I waited a day or two and they were available again. So I would say that you should keep checking back. Did you try calling?

user3

LivinginPink I would call MAC online for Canada. It's always best to ask them what is going on.

I just looked at the US site and everything is still available. Nothing is sold out.

Kittie

Weird, this is what I see at the MAC US site:

macus.jpg

And, when I try to add them to my basket, they say "This item is temporarily out of stock".
ssad.gif
MAC just dislikes me. That's all. Heh

PrettyKitty

I don't know what happened, but it can't be sold out. I wake up at 2h30 AM and it was sold out... It can't be sold out in 2 hours!!!

The Lipgelees were sold out days before the release date! So yeah I'm sure it's a glitch.

I wrote a mail to MAC about it...

But I called my Pro Store for my order.

Turbokittykat

Quote:
Originally Posted by libra14
I called my counter and they received all but the paints. WTF! That's the set I wanted.

I thought the paints set was a MAC store, (i.e. freestanding store), only exclusive, not available at counters, like it was last year.

shygirl

I think they are delaying the paints because they weren't ready in time. This happened with Paint Strokes. So, I don't think they are sold out just yet. Everyone seems to get an order confirmation email from MAC saying that they will ship the paints separately.

ishtarchick

Quote:
Originally Posted by libra14
I called my counter and they received all but the paints. WTF! That's the set I wanted.

i think i recall reading that paints were exclusive to maccosmetics.com, and pro and freestanding stores, so anyway they were not gonna be at counters.
please correct me if i'm wrong.

user3

ACK! I am tired! I had an early morning plane trip back home and now I have to stay up because I am going to my son's school soon. So I have been up for almost 24hrs now so please forgive me.
I thought what you all meant was it was Sold out already which is different from being temporarily out of stock.
I called MAC and they said it should be up for buying soon. They have a delay in the shipment.

Kittie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap2it
I called MAC and they said it should be up for buying soon. They have a delay in the shipment.

Yay!
smiles.gif
I'd emailed them about it, but it takes them longer to sift through emails than to answer a call. I wonder if those of us who ordered it while it was temporarily out of stock will have to reorder or if it will be shipped when they get it in stock? I hope they ship it out when they get it in stock, because I don't want to end up ordering again and then completely missing out... or perhaps end up ordering again and getting charged twice. :p

mrstucker

Remember d'Bohemia? The pigments sold out on our Canadian site in hours, but then came back! The price skyrocked on Ebay, then dropped. I wonder if it's the same with paints and lipgelees.....*fingers crossed* 'cause I always miss out on the best stuff!