Thinking of getting my acrylics removed, but I tried that before (suggestions please)

LeeleeBell

...The last time I tried growing my real nails in was 3 years or so ago and they were SO sensitive that *anything* touching them would hurt like crazy. Even lotion etc. It was so awful.

Does anyone have any recommendations for what to do to stop that pain once you get acrylics removed?

TISH1124

I took mine off about 6 months ago after 7 straight years of wearing them and they have finally grown back from that horrible nightmare after they first came off...I put Sally Hansen Hard As Wraps (Acrylic + Nylon) polish/hardener on my nails every other day for 2 months and it really helped....it took them about 4 months to really get pass the thinness and brittleness

I did the soak off method as well...I just let them sit in Acetone...versus chipping/ripping them off...took a long time but it was so worth it ...because they were not painful afterwards

gildedangel

I would suggest a nail strengthener, it would help keep your nails from bending and hurting you. I swear by OPI Nail Envy, but Sally Hansen makes some really great ones too! HTH!

hello_kitty

I used a strengthener (OPI Nail Envy) and just was cautious about what I did with my fingers in the few weeks afterward (stuff like washing the dishes aggravated my nails it seemed). Luckily my nails grow really fast so I was able to grow out the thin parts in a matter of months.

I wish I could've just soaked mine off
ssad.gif
I had gel, so I had to file/pry them off.

Nadeshda

Go to a reputable salon. A good nail tech should not damage your nails the way the last one did. The pain and the damage associated with gels/acrylics are result of bad nail techs that file your nailbed too much, not the product. What happened to you shouldn't happen.

Redz24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadeshda
Go to a reputable salon. A good nail tech should not damage your nails the way the last one did. The pain and the damage associated with gels/acrylics are result of bad nail techs that file your nailbed too much, not the product. What happened to you shouldn't happen.

Just what I was away to say.