Thinking of purchasing these e/s

MacMonster

Hey, yikes I posted this ins the wrong forum again! I'm so sorry.

Anyway..
I am thinking of ordering near $100 worth of MAC today! I'm excited, but a little worried because I read some things about some colors on here and I don't want to make a wrong choice with color purchases.

I currently own these e/s

• Goldmine
  • Steamy <3
  • Smut
  • Mystery
  • Shroom (I know people hate it, but I adore it.)
  • Silver Ring
  • Innuendo (I can't believe this is going to be d/c!)
  • Chrome Yellow
  • Cork
  • Coppering
  • Beauty Sleep (Soon. My mom didn't like it so she's sending it to me, lol)
  • Perverted pearl pallete

I know it's not much, but I just moved out of my Mother's house and it's hard to feed this growing addiction
smiles.gif

I was thinking of adding these to my collection

• Carbon e/s
  • Retrospeck e/s
  • Flammable (paint)
  • Passionate (out of stock @ maccosmetics.com though)
other ones I was thinking of purchasing later since I want two of the Danse lipsticks and bottomlashes and the money goes so fast at MAC, haha.

• Hepcat
  • Cranberry
  • Woodwinked
  • fade
  • plumage

My skin supposedly has yellow undertones >.< the lady at the mac counter store told me so anyway. I am not sure what all would be good for me. I tried asking at the store now that I moved, but the lady seemed too busy for me :/ a little less personal than at the counter, haha. I'm mixed black and spanish.

these are pictures I took yesterday of my eyemakeup just so you can see my skin type/tone

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/9374/opengt9.jpg
http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/3747/closedzl5.jpg
btw the colors I used here are : coppering, chrome yellow, goldmine, cork, and shroom as the base and highlighter.

I'm a nw15/c2(in studio fix)

jenii

Acutally, I'm really pale, and the Danse lipsticks were too light for me. So, definitely try them before you buy them, because I almost ordered them, but after I went and tried them on, I was so glad I didn't. Nothing unique about the colors, for one thing, and for another, they were just way too light and frosty. They made me look dead.

mistella

I have yellow toned skin too. I love Carbon and Flammable paint.. I love smokey eyes so I love all the dark colors anyway. I also have all the e/s you listed (Hepcat,
Cranberry
Woodwinked
fade
plumage) and love them all. Woodwinked is such a pretty color and looks like it would look super good on your eyes from the pic you posted

MacMonster

oh awesome i better go change my list back then!

I definitely am getting russe. I wanted an everyday color and it was perfect at the store. Gonna take off curtsy though. thanks for the help, lovelies!

*Luna*

Of all the colors on the list you NEED Woodwinked. It's amazing. Off the list I also adore Cranberry, Carbon and Retro-Speck

MacMonster

They're ordered and on their way

*this time* I got

Eyeshadow
  • Woodwinked
  • Zonk Bleu!
  • Blue Edge
  • Carbon
  • Tilt
Lipstick
  • Russe
False Eyelashes
  • 25 lash - the bottom lash
with tax it totaled out to $107 YIKES! why is this damn stuff so expensive, lol. I love it though!

stuff I will definitely get later are

• Hepcat(really unique purple color that barely got taken off, too)
  • Passionate (out of stock or I would have put this on my order list)
  • Swish(a pink to go with beauty sleep that my mom is sending me)
  • Velvet Moss (the camo green I always was hunting for at the store)
  • Vapour (someone mentioned it had purple glitter in it and I wanted it instantly!)
  • Innuendo(again because it's discontinued and I adore it!)
  • Plumage (again, highly recommended! and I think it's hot)
  • Sumptuous Olive (I am too in love with it!)
  • Bitter (I want it because of how amazing chrome yellow turned out to be)
without the pencil, or extra innuendo that's about $140 big ones :O I hope all that is there when I am able to shop again!

but please - keep the recommendations coming! I will have to buy things every once in awhile as a treat and I can't run out. haha.

Katja

Let me know how you like Zonk Bleu!. I've been eyeing this color, too.
smiles.gif
Enjoy your new eyeshadows and stuff.

MacMonster

sure I'll let you know as soon as it arrives! It looked really beautiful on the website. I need more brights in my collection. I tend to steer towards neutrals and the same old type of color too much!

depecher

Keep Fade OFF the list. Moon's Reflection is much, much better! I had Fade and hated it. I threw it away.

NYX cosmetics has a shadow, Rust that is a dupe for Cranberry. I can wear Rust but cannot wear Cranberry due to the red dye. You might want to check in your area for stores that may sell this line. They had a Swish dupe, but I forgot what it was called. They sell singles for under $5.00, I think. I know I paid under 5 for my singles at my store. If you can't find them in person, try eBay or nyxcosmetics.com. These shadows are highly pigmented and I recommend them to everyone.
smiles.gif

MacMonster

thanks for all the tips! I really wanted fade as an effect-desired color instead of swan lake. Swan lake looked like white in person (didn't try it on) but I really, really dug the look on the facechart that they did with frenchgrey and swan lake. I guess I'll try Moon's reflection ^_^

cranberry is bad for your eyes or you are just allergic to something?

rcastel10

Quote:
Originally Posted by depecher
Keep Fade OFF the list. Moon's Reflection is much, much better! I had Fade and hated it. I threw it away.

NYX cosmetics has a shadow, Rust that is a dupe for Cranberry. I can wear Rust but cannot wear Cranberry due to the red dye. You might want to check in your area for stores that may sell this line. They had a Swish dupe, but I forgot what it was called. They sell singles for under $5.00, I think. I know I paid under 5 for my singles at my store. If you can't find them in person, try eBay or nyxcosmetics.com. These shadows are highly pigmented and I recommend them to everyone.
smiles.gif

I have to agree with this. Fade is the worst MAC eyeshadow ever!!

MacMonster

wow - I didn't think anyone would be so against it, lol!
I thought it looked a step up from the danse one swan lake e/s

• Woodwinked e/s AMAZING
  • Zonk Bleu! e/s AMAZING
  • Blue Edge e/s the only one I kind of regret. Way too dark and hard to blend for me! Sending to my mom.
  • Carbon e/s AMAZING
  • Tilt e/s AMAZING
  • Russe l/s AMAZING
  • 25 lash - the bottom lash AMAZING

Katja

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMonster
wow - I didn't think anyone would be so against it, lol!
I thought it looked a step up from the danse one swan lake e/s

• Woodwinked e/s AMAZING
  • Zonk Bleu! e/s AMAZING
  • Blue Edge e/s the only one I kind of regret. Way too dark and hard to blend for me! Sending to my mom.
  • Carbon e/s AMAZING
  • Tilt e/s AMAZING
  • Russe l/s AMAZING
  • 25 lash - the bottom lash AMAZING

What does Zonk Bleu! look like to you? I totally forgot to swatch it this weekend when I was in Nordstrom.
ssad.gif

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMonster
I was thinking of adding these to my collection

• Carbon e/s
  • Flammable (paint)

• Cranberry
  • Woodwinked

Carbon - very versatile shadow especially for smokey eye, I'd say get it.

Flammable paint - I love this paint because I love doing hot pink or red looks, but overall it's not a "must have" I think, it's more a novelty product because it's so unique. I don't use it that much but I still like it a lot.

Cranberry - Eh, skip this one. It's a bit hard to blend and the colour looks kind of muddy. If you want a red-toned e/s get Coppering. It's so much prettier and it's a veluxe pearl so smooth as butter, and awesome pigmentation.

Woodwinked - Get it! A great staple one that can be used for lots of looks. I use mine a lot.

MacMonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katja
What does Zonk Bleu! look like to you? I totally forgot to swatch it this weekend when I was in Nordstrom.
ssad.gif

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/6293/zonk11zg.jpg
http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/2120/zonk23ep.jpg

-----------------------------------

MissChievous - I already got the stuff, sweetie! and thanks for telling me about cranberry. Maybe I'll check it out at the store since it got such mixed opinions here! Woodwinked is definitely as awesome as everyone has said! And carbon..well, how did I live without it all this time?? I didn't get the paint 'cause I didn't like how the bottles end up looking ..like..paint!
lmao.gif
I am too messy for such a thing methinks. A girl has red brick for sale. I am thinking of somehow convincing my boy to let me buy it from here since I can't get any pro mac colors elsewhere. I ended up gettting

Eyeshadow
  • Woodwinked
  • Zonk Bleu!
  • Blue Edge
  • Carbon
  • Tilt
Lipstick
  • Russe
False Eyelashes
  • 25 lash - the bottom lash
It's in the hauls section now with a picture!

MacMonster

aw, I'm glad I could be of help. Sorry I wasn't quicker with it! My boyfriend is out of town and I am doing a lot of cleaning while he's out.